- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Application technique on thrust jacking pressure of shield TBM in the sharp curved tunnel alignment by model tests
축소모형실험을 통한 급곡선 터널에서의 Shield TBM 추진 압력 적용 기술에 대한 연구
- Kang, Si-on (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Hyeob (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University) ;
- Kim, Yong-Min (Geotechnical Dept., Danwoo E&C) ;
- Kim, Sang-Hwan (Dept. of Civil Engineering, Hoseo University)
- Received : 2017.03.20
- Accepted : 2017.03.30
- Published : 2017.03.31
This paper presents the application technique on thrust jacking pressuring of shield TBM in the sharp curved tunnel alignment by model tests. Recently, the application of shield TBM method as mechanized tunnelling is increasing to prevent the vibration and noise problems, which can be occurred in the NATM in the urban area in Korea. However, it is necessary to plan the sharp curved tunnel alignment in order to avoid the building foundation and underground structures, to develop the shield TBM operation technique in the shape curved tunnel alignment. Therefore, the main operation parameters of shield TBM in the curved tunnel alignment are reviewed and analyzed based on the case study and analytical study. The results show that the operation of shield jacking force system is the most important technique in the shape curved tunnel alignment. The simplified scaled model tests are also carried out in order to examine the ground-shield TBM head behaviour. The earth pressures acting on the head of shield TBM are investigated according to two different shield jacking force systems (uniform and un-uniform pressure) and several articulation angles. The results obtained from the model tests are analysed. These results will be very useful to understand the shield TBM head interaction behaviour due to the shield jacking operation technique in the shape curved tunnel alignment, and to develop the operation technique.
Grant : 도심지 소단면(φ 3.5m급) 터널식 공동구 설계 및 시공 핵심기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Chang, S.H., Choi, S.W., Park, Y.T., Lee, G.P., Bae, G.J. (2013), "Experimental evaluation of the effects of cutting ring shape on cutter acting forces in a hard rock", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 225-235. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.225
- Cho, J.W., Yu, S.H., Jeon, S.K., Chang, S.H. (2008), "Numerical study on rock fragmentation by TBM disk cutter", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 10, No. 2, pp. 139-152.
- Kang, E.M., Kim, Y.M., Hwang, I,J., Kim, S.H. (2015), "A study on the damage of cutter bit due to the rotation speed of shield TBM cutter head in mixed ground", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 403-413. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.403
- Kim, S.H., Kim W.K., Lee, H.Y. (2013), "Effect of Segment thickness during Shield TBM tunnelling in case study", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 311-320. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.3.311
- Kim, H., Yoon, H.D., Jeon, S.I., Yoon, Y.J., (2002), "The case study on a sharp turn of large diameter shield tunnel", Proceedings of Symposium on the Mechanized Tunnelling Techniques, Seoul, pp. 79-90.
- Yoo, K.H., Hwang, D.Y., Chung, S.G., (2007), "A study on engineering characteristics of weak rock ground happened tbm jamming accident in tunnelling", Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 6, pp. 373-381.
- Yun, D.S., Kim, J.H., Choi, S.C., Lee, M.J., (2011), "A case for domestic development of shield machine and construction", Proceedings of The 12th KTA International Symposium on Mechanized Tunnelling Technology, Seoul, pp. 169-180.
- Lee, W.G., Kim, H.I., Jung, B.C., Kim, J.I., Woo, H., (2008), "A construction plan of double shield tbm in steep tunnel and fault zone", Proceedings of The 9th KTA International Symposium on Mechanized Tunnelling Technology, Seoul, pp. 225-236.
- Lim, Y.D., Cho, D.H., Jeon, Y.J., Ryu, J.Y., (2008), "Troubles and improvements of cable structure design", Proceedings of The 9th KTA International Symposium on Mechanized Tunnelling Technology, Seoul, pp. 37-107.
- Korean Tunnelling Association (2008), Mechanized tunnelling method : design, CIR, Seoul, pp. 85-107.
- Korean Tunnelling Association (2015), Standard specification of tunnelling, CIR, pp. 110-115 .
- Broere, W., Faassen, T.F., Arends, G., van Tol, A.F., (2007), "Modelling the boring of curves in (very) soft soils during microtunnelling", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 22, Issures 5-6, pp. 600-609. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2007.06.002
- Kongshu, D., Xiaoqiang, T., Liping W., Xu, C., (2011), "Force transmission characteristics for the nonequidistant arrangement thrust systems of shield tunneling machines", Automation in Construction, Vol. 20, pp. 588-595. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.autcon.2010.11.025
- Sugimoto, Sramoon, A., Konishi, S., Sato, Y., (2007), "Simulation of Shield Tunneling Behavior along a Curved Alignment in a Multilayered Ground", Journal of Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering, Vol. 133, Issue 6, pp. 684-694. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)1090-0241(2007)133:6(684)