- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A study on the air leakage performance improvement of duct coupling for temporary ventilation of long subsea tunnel
초장대 해저터널의 공사중 덕트 접속부의 누풍 성능 개선에 관한 연구
- Jo, Hyeong-Je (Bumchang co. ltd.) ;
- Min, Dea-Kee (Bumchang co. ltd.) ;
- Kim, Jong-Won (Bumchang co. ltd.) ;
- Lee, Ju-Kyung (Bumchang co. ltd.) ;
- Beak, Jong-Hoon (Bumchang co. ltd.)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.03.27
- Published : 2017.03.31
The construction of long sub-sea tunnel does not provide the favorable condition for the installation of ventilation system to be used during construction due to the constrained construction space. For the ventilation system required during construction, the artificial island where ventilation shaft is located is constructed at some location along the sub-sea tunnel route, which requires a high construction cost. Therefore, it is intended, as much as possible technically, to minimize the construction of artificial island. However, this requires a longer distance between ventilation shafts, there-by causing increased air leakage at the ventilation duct connection points due to the higher fan pressure being required to deliver ventilation air. Previously the air leakage was studied as an important issue. In this study experiments were carried out to develop the improved duct connection method considering various conditions such as, tunnel length, etc. Additionally, its performance results with leakage rates are shown and compared to the "S" class leakage rate of SIA. As a result, the new duct coupling type of improved method is analyzed as applicable to such a 30 km long tunnel with the leakage rate of
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Jo, H.J., Chun, K.M., Kim, J.W., Lee, J.K. (2015), "A study on the characteristics for temporary ventilation of long subsea tunnels-focused on the current situation and improvement requirements ", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 24, pp. 153-166. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.2.153
- Ruben, D., Thorsten, T., (2015), "Designing TBMs for subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunneling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, Issue. 6, pp. 587-596. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.6.587
- Heo, J.W. (2010), "The Social and economic effect of Sub-sea tunnel construction : focused on the case of sub-sea tunnel between UK and France", Proceedings of the 2010 Annual Conference of the Korean Tunneling Association, Invited Lecture, April 21, Seoul, pp. 19-33.
- Korea Rail Network Authority. (2012), "KR C-12130", pp. 19-32.
- Ministry of Land, Transport and Maritime Affairs. (2011), "Road design manual part6 tunnel, 621 construction phase equipments", pp. 621.1-8.
- JCOSHA. (2012), "Ventilation technical guideline of tunnel construction".
- Swiss Society of Engineers and Architects. (1998), "SIA 196-Ventilation in underground".
- Shin, Y.K. (1980), "A study on the friction coefficient for domestic vinyl air duct and leakage ratio of duct connectors", Graduate school of Inha university, pp. 1-18.
- SAREK. (2011), "Air-conditioning and refrigerating engineering manual, 3rd edition, part2", pp. 5.2-16.
- International Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, (2011), "Guidance on the safe use of temporary ventilation ducting in tunnels ITA WG5 - Health & Safety in Works", pp. 1-9.
- L, M.Anisdahl., B, Johansson., K, Thoen. (2008), "Study on the performance of ventiflex ducting and couplings", 12th U.S/North American Mine Ventilation Symposium, pp. 609-613.
- R, K.Khanna., (2008), "Ventilation of long tunnels", World Tunnel Congress, pp. 1898-1910.
- Shortridge Instruments, Inc. (2009), "Airdata multimeter ADM-870 electronic micromanometer operating instructions", pp. 1-50.
- Shortridge Instruments, Inc. (2009), "Airdata multimeter ADM-880C electronic micromanometer operating instructions", pp. 1-68.