- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A preliminary study of watertightness and salt water resistance of spray-applied membrane
뿜어붙임멤브레인의 방수성능 및 염수저항성의 기초평가
- Choi, Soon-Wook (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kang, Tae-Ho (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Chang, Soo-Ho (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Lee, Cheol-Ho (Geotechnical Engineering Research Institute, Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Kim, Jintae (SILKROAD T&D) ;
- Choi, Myung-Sik (SILKROAD T&D)
- 최순욱 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 강태호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 장수호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 이철호 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 김진태 (실크로드티앤디 연구개발팀) ;
- 최명식 (실크로드티앤디)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.03.29
- Published : 2017.03.31
The leakage of tunnel causes the long-term durability of the structures such as concrete lining to deteriorate. The cause of durability degradation can be various substances contained in groundwater such as chloride, sulphate, water, and gas. In this study, a series of test were carried out to determine the watertightness performance and the resistance to salt water of the spray-applied membrane used as non-structural rock support or as a waterproof material for tunnels. As a result, it was found that the penetration of water could occur in a specimen, and the reason was that the internal pores generated by the mixing of the liquid polymer and the powder material and the internal pores were connected by the water pressure. The tensile strength of the test specimens immersed in distilled water and saline water was found to be reduced to less than half of the tensile strength in normal condition. In addition, The elongation was measured to be higher in distilled water than in salt water. However, this result will require further investigation.
Grant : 지반함몰 발생 및 피해저감을 위한 지반 안정성 평가 및 굴착.보강 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- ASTM C1202-12 (2012), Standard Test Method for Electrical Indication of Concrete's Ability to Resist Chloride Ion Penetration, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- ASTM D471-16a (2016), Standard Test Method for Rubber Property-Effect of Liquids, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- ASTM D638-14 (2014), Standard Test Method for Tensile Properties of Plastics, ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA.
- Bae, G.-J., Chang, S.-H., Kim, D.-G., Park, H.-G. (2006), "Corrosion Prediction of a Cement Mortar- Grouted Rockbolt by Measuring Its Chloride Diffusion Coefficient", J. of Korean Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Assoc., Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 259-271.
- BASF (2017), MasterSeal 345-Waterproofing Membrane Technical data sheet. www.masterbuilders.com.
- Chang, S.-H, Choi, S.-W., Lee, C., Kang, T.-H., Hwang, G.-S., Kim, J., Choi, M.-S. (2016), "Development and Performance Evaluation of a Two-component Thin Spray-on Liner to Guarantee Its Homogeneous Qualities and to Reduce Dust", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 26, No. 5, pp. 441-453. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.5.441
- Choi, S.-W., Chang, S.-H., Lee, C., Lee, G.-P., Bae, Y.H., Ha, T.-W. (2015), "Performance Evaluation of Conical Picks for Roadheader in Copper Mines", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE, Vol. 25, No. 6, pp. 496-504. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2015.25.6.496
- Claisse, P.A., Ganjian, E., Adham, T.A. (2003), "In situ measurement of the inrinsic permeability of concrete. Magazine of Concrete Research, Vol. 55, No. 2, April, 125-132. https://doi.org/10.1680/macr.2003.55.2.125
- EFNARC, 2008, Specification and Guidelines on Thin Spray-on Liners for Mining and Tunnelling.
- EN 12390-1 (2012), Testing hardened concrete. Part 1: Shape, dimensions and other requirements for specimens and moulds.
- EN 12390-8 (2009), Testing hardened concrete. Part 8: Depth of penetration of water under pressure.
- EN 14891 (2006), Liquid applied water impermeable products for use beneath ceramic tiling bonded with adhesives-Requirements, test methods, evaluation of conformity, classification and designation.
- Han, J.-T., Lee, G.-P., Park, Y.-T., Choi, S.-W., Hwang, G.-S., Choi, M.-S., Chang, S.-H. (2013), "An experimental study on bonding and bearing capacities of thin spray-on liner to evaluate its applicability as a tunnel support member", J. of Korean Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Assoc., Vol. 15, No. 6, pp. 571-583. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2013.15.6.571
- Holter, K.G., Geving, S. (2016), "Moisture Transport Through Sprayed Concrete Tunnel Linings", Rock Mech. Rock Eng., Vol. 49, pp. 243-272. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00603-015-0730-1
- ITA (2013), ITAtech Design guidance for spray applied waterproofing membranes. ITAtech Activity Group ining and Waterproofing.
- Lee, C., Hyun, Y., Hwang, J., Chang, S.-H. (2015), "A study on drainage system of the room-and-pillar underground structure considering groundwater conditions", J of Korean Tunn. Undergr. Sp. Assoc., Vol. 17, No. 6, pp. 675-683. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.6.675
- Roberts, R. (2001), Time to look below the surface of membranes, Australian Mining Monthly, August, pp. 62-63.
- Tannant, D.D., (2001), "Thin Spray-on Liners for Underground Rock Support", Proceedings of the 17th International Mining Congress and Exhibition of Turkey-IMCET 2001, pp. 57-73.