- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Study on the effect of tail void grouting on the short- and long-term surface settlement in the shield TBM Tunneling using numerical analysis
쉴드TBM터널에서 뒤채움 주입이 지반의 단기·장기 침하에 미치는 영향에 대한 수치해석적 연구
- Oh, Ju-Young (Samsung C&T Corporation, Civil Business Unit) ;
- Park, Hyunku (Samsung C&T Corporation, Civil Business Unit) ;
- Kim, Dohyoung (Samsung C&T Corporation, Civil Business Unit) ;
- Chang, Seokbue (Samsung C&T Corporation, Civil Business Unit) ;
- Lee, Seungbok (Samsung C&T Corporation, Civil Business Unit) ;
- Choi, Hangseok (School of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engr., Korea Univ.)
- 오주영 (삼성물산 건설부분 Civil사업부) ;
- 박현구 (삼성물산 건설부분 Civil사업부) ;
- 김도형 (삼성물산 건설부분 Civil사업부) ;
- 장석부 (삼성물산 건설부분 Civil사업부) ;
- 이승복 (삼성물산 건설부분 Civil사업부) ;
- 최항석 (고려대학교 건축.사회환경공학부)
- Received : 2017.03.17
- Accepted : 2017.03.29
- Published : 2017.03.31
For shallow tunnel constructions, settlement of the ground surface is a main issue. Recent technical developments in shield TBM tunneling technique have enabled a decrease in such settlements based on tunneling with ground deformation controls. For this objective, the tail void grouting is a common practice. Generally surface settlements in a soil of low permeability occur during a tunnel construction but also during a long period after completion of the tunnel. The long-term settlements occur mainly due to consolidation around the tunnel. The consolidation process is caused and determined by the tail void grouting which leads to an excess pore water pressure in the vicinity of the tunnel. Because of this, the grouting pressure has a strong effect on the long-term settlements in the shield tunneling. In order to investigate this effect, a series of coupled hydro-mechanical 3D finite element simulations have been performed. The results show that an increase in grouting pressure reduces the short-term settlements, but in many cases, it doesn't lead to a reduction of the final settlements after the completion of consolidation. Thereby, the existence of a critical grouting pressure is identified, at which the minimal settlements are expected.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- ABAQUS (2011), "Abaqus/Standard v.6.11, User Manual", Hibbit, Karlsson & Sorensen, Inc.
- Attewell, P.B. (1978), "Large ground movements and structures, Chapter: Ground movements caused by tunnelling in soil", Pentech Press, pp. 812-948.
- Bauer, E. (1996), "Calibration of a comprehensive hypo-plastic model for granular materials", Soils and Foundations, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 13-26. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.36.13
- Biot, M.A. (1941), "General theory of three-dimensional consolidation", Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp. 155-164. https://doi.org/10.1063/1.1712886
- Gudehus, G.(1996), "A comprehensive constitutive equation for granular materials" Soils and Foundations, Vol. 36, No. 1, pp. 1-12. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.36.1
- Hashimoto, T., Nagaya, J., Konda, T. (1999), "Prediction of ground deformation due to shield excavation in clayey soils", Soils and Foundations, Vol. 39, No. 3, pp. 53-61. https://doi.org/10.3208/sandf.39.3_53
- Herle, I., Gudehus, G. (1999), "Determinatioin of parameters of a hypoplastic constitutive model from properties of grain assemblies", Mechanics of Cohesive-Frictional Materials, Vol. 4, pp. 461-486. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1484(199909)4:5<461::AID-CFM71>3.0.CO;2-P
- Hwang, R. N., Moh, Z. -C., Chen, M. (1996), "Pore pressure in induced in soft ground due to tunneling", International Symposium on Geotechnical Aspects of Underground Construction in Soft Ground, pp. 119-124.
- Jun, G.-C., Kim, D.-H. (2015), "A interaction on the estimating shield TBM tunnel face pressure through analytical and numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 306-317 (in Korean).
- Jun, G.-C., Kim, D.-H. (2016), "A interaction on the estimating shield TBM tunnel face pressure through analytical and numerical analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 273-282 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.273
- Kasper, M. (2004), "Finite Elemente Simulation maschineller Tunnelvortriebe in wassergesattigtem Lockergestein", Thesis, Faculty for Civil Engineering, Ruhr Unversity Bochum (in German).
- Leca, E., New, B. (2007), "ITA/AITES Report 2006 on Settlements induced by tunneling in soft ground", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 22, pp. 119-149. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2006.11.001
- Lewis, R.W., Schrefler, B.A. (2000), "The finite element method in the static and dynamic deformation and consolidation of porous media", John Wiley & Sons.
- Mair, R.J., Taylor, R.N. (1997), "Theme lecture: Bored Tunnelling in the urban environment", 14th International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Vol. 4, pp. 2353-2385.
- Mayer, P.-M. (2000), "Verformungen und Spannungsänderung im Boden durch Schiltzwandherstellung und Baugrubenaushub", Thesis, Institute for Soil Mechanics and Rock Mechanics, Karlsruhe University (in German).
- Meschke, G., Gropik, C., Mang, H.A. (1996), "Numerical analyses of tunnel lining by means of a viscoplastic model for shotcrete", International Journal for Numerical Methods in Engineering, Vol. 39, pp. 3145-3162. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0207(19960930)39:18<3145::AID-NME992>3.0.CO;2-M
- Niemunis, A., Herle, I. (1997), "Hypoplastic model for cohesionless soils with elastic strain range", Mechanics of Cohesive-Frictional Materials, Vol. 2, pp. 279-299. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1484(199710)2:4<279::AID-CFM29>3.0.CO;2-8
- Oh, J.-Y. (2013), "Interaktion der Ringspaltverpressung mit umgebendem Baugrund und Tunnelauskleidung", Doctoral Thesis, Faculty for Civil Engineering, RWTH Aachen University, Germany (in German).
- Oh, J.-Y., Ziegler, M. (2014), "Investigation on influence of tail void grouting on the surface settlements during shield tunneling using a stress-pore pressure coupled analysis", KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 148-151.
- Park, H., Oh, J.-Y., Chang, S., Lee, S. (2016), "Case study of volume loss estimation during slurry tbm tunnelling in weathered zone of granite rock", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 61-74 (in Korean). https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.1.061
- Shirlaw, J. N. (1995), "Observed and calculated pore pressure and deformations induced by an earth pressure balance shield: Discussion", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 32, pp. 181-189. https://doi.org/10.1139/t95-017
- Suwansawat, S. (2002), "Earth pressure balance (EPB) shield tunneling in bangkok: ground response and prediction of surface settlements using artificial neural networks", Doctoral Thesis, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Massachusetts, United States.
- von Wolffersdorff, P.-A. (1996), "Hypoplastic relation for granular material with a predefined limit state surface", Mechanics of Cohesive-Frictional Materials, Vol. 1, pp. 251-271. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1099-1484(199607)1:3<251::AID-CFM13>3.0.CO;2-3