- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Stability analysis of an existing utility tunnel due to the excavation of a divergence tunnel emerging from double-deck tunnel
복층터널의 분기터널 굴착에 따른 지하 공동구의 안정성 분석
- Nam, Kyoung-Min (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Choi, Min-ki (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Kim, Jung-Joo (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Jafri, Turab H. (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanyang University) ;
- Yoo, Han-Kyu (Department of Civil Engineering, Hanyang University)
- Received : 2017.03.10
- Accepted : 2017.03.23
- Published : 2017.03.31
Government plans to construct a double-deck tunnel under a portion of Gyeongbu Expressway that will solve traffic problems and could also be used as a flood storage facility. Divergence tunnels connect the main tunnel to the urban areas and their construction effects on adjacent structures at shallow depth need to be analyzed. This study primarily includes the numerical analysis of construction effects of divergence tunnels on utility tunnels. The utility tunnel was analyzed for three cases of volume loss applied to the divergence tunnel and two cases of the angle between main tunnel and divergence tunnel (
Grant : 대심도 복층터널 설계 및 시공기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Bjerrum, L. (1963), "Allowable settlement of structures", In Proceedings of the 3rd European Conference on Soil Mechanics and Foundation Engineering, Wiesbaden, Germany, Vol. 2, pp. 135-137.
- Carranza-Torres, C., Diederichs, M. (2009), "Mechanical analysis of circular liners with particular reference to composite supports. For example, liners consisting of shotcrete and steel sets", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 24, No. 5, pp. 506-532. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2009.02.001
- Cheng, C.Y., Dasari, G.R. (2007), "Finite element analysis of tunnel-soil-pile interaction using displacement controlled model", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 22, pp. 450-466. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2006.08.002
- Do, N.A., Dias, D., Oreste, P., Djeran-Maigre, I. (2014), "Three-dimensional numerical simulation of a mechanized twin tunnels in soft ground" Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 42, pp. 40-51. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2014.02.001
- FHWA (2009), "Technical Manual for Design and Construction of Road Tunnels - Civil Element", US Department of Transportation Federal Highway Administration
- Hefny, A.M., Chua, H.C., Zhao, J. (2004), "Parametric studies on the interaction between existing and new bored tunnels" Tunneling and Underground Space Technology, Underground Space for Sustainable Urban Development, Proceedings of the 30th ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress Singapore, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 22-27.
- Hong, Y., Soomro, M.A., Ng, C.W.W. (2015), "Settlement and load transfer mechanism of pile group due to side-by-side twin tunnelling", Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 64, pp. 105-119. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compgeo.2014.10.007
- Kim, H.M. (1997), "Effect of interference and Ground Movement by Twin Tunnelling", Tunnel and Underground Space, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp. 136-142.
- Kim, Y.J., Im, C.G., Kang, S.G., Lee, Y.J. (2014), "A study on surface settlement characteristics according to the cohesive soil depth through laboratory model tests", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 16, No. 6, pp. 507-520. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2014.16.6.507
- Li, X.G., Yuan, D.J. (2012), "Response of a double-decked metro tunnel to shield driving of twin closely under-crossing tunnels" Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 28, pp. 18-30. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.tust.2011.08.005
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, and Transport (2016), "Design criteria for common utility tunnel", South Korea.
- Neville, A.M. (1996), Properties of Concrete, Fourth and Final Edition Standards.
- Peck, R.B. (1969), Deep excavations and tunnelling in soft ground. In Proc. 7th int. conf. on SMFE, pp. 225-290.
- Seong, J.H., Kim, Y.S., Shin, B.G. (2013), "Analysis on Impact Factors of Open-cut Type Excavation Work using Numerical Analysis Method", Journal of the Korean Geosynthetic Society, Vol. 12, No. 3, pp. 43-53. https://doi.org/10.12814/jkgss.2013.12.3.043
- Son, M.R., Yun, J.C. (2009), "Numerical analysis of tunnelling-induced ground movements", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 11, No. 3, pp. 229-242.
- Yoo, C.S., Song, A.R. (2006), "Effects of tunnel construction on an existing tunnel lining" Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 8, No. 4, pp. 307-324.
- Zhang, Z.X., Huang, M. (2016), "Geotechnical influence on existing subway tunnels induced by multiline tunneling in Shanghai soft soil" Computers and Geotechnics, Vol. 56, pp. 121-132.