- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of a program to predict the airflow rate and pollutant concentration in complex network-type tunnels
네트워크형 터널의 풍량 및 농도해석 프로그램 개발연구
- Kim, Hyo-Gyu (JS G&B Inc.) ;
- Choi, Pan-Gyu (JS G&B Inc.) ;
- Ryu, Ji-Oh (Dept. of Automotive Engineering, Shin-Han University) ;
- Lee, Chang-Woo (Dept. of Energy and Mineral Resources Engineering, Dong-A University)
- Received : 2017.03.08
- Accepted : 2017.03.16
- Published : 2017.03.31
Recently, in urban areas there is a tendency to construct more complex network-type tunnels including entrance and exit ramps. At the same time, various one-dimensional programs based on the network theory have been proposed for tunnel ventilation analysis. This paper aims at developing a program that can analyze the ventilation flow rate and pollutants concentration in complex network-type tunnels based on the none hardy-cross method. The flow analysis in the branch was carried out on the basis of the Gradient method, while for the concentration analysis a new logic has been developed to calculate the inflow and outflow concentration automatically in a complex network-type structure. Additionally, in the tunnel segments showing low flow rate, proper grid interval sizes were proposed to reduce numerical error. To verify the applicability of the program, flow rates predicted in the straight tunnels were compared with the classical velocity-diagram method by Stokic and the TVSDM program. The results showed that the errors were within 1%. In addition, the program was applied to the recent ventilation system adopted in the complex network-type urban tunnels.
Grant : 고수압 초장대 해저터널 기술자립을 위한 핵심요소 기술개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- Choi, J.H. (2016), "Construction of Urban Underground Road: Attractive Alternative for Reducing Traffic Congestion", KSCE Journal of Civil Engineering, Vol. 64, No. 8, pp 33-37.
- IDA RTV/Tunnel(http://www.equa.se).
- JS-G&B Inc., (2012), PNETs Ver 1.0, CROS, C-2012-008543 (https://www.cros.or.kr).
- Kim, H.G., Choi, P.G., Hong, Y.J., Yoo, J.O. (2015), "A comparative study of field measurements of the pressure wave with analytical aerodynamic model for the high speed train in tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Assoication, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 319-332. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.319
- Kim, H.G., Choi, P.G., Ryu, J.O., Lee, C.W. (2016b), "A Fundamental Study on the Ventilation Analysis Method for the Network-type Tunnel-Focused on the None Hardy-Cross Method", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Assoication, Vol.18, No.3, pp. 291-303. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.3.291
- Kolon CO. Ltd. (1998), "Development of the Optimal Design System for the Vehicle Tunnel Ventilation System", KEC-97-C10-2, pp. 1-174.
- Lee, C.W., Lee, S.H., Baek, D.H., Moon, S.K. (1997a), "Development of a simulation model for the vehicle tunnel ventilation using network theories", Proceedings of the 1st Asian Rock Mechanics Symposium.
- Lee, C.W., Lee, S.H., Choi, S.I., Baek, D.H., Moon, S.K. (1997b), "Simulation Modeling of the vehicle tunnel ventilation system using network theory", KSGE, Vol. 34, pp. 617-629.
- Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport (2011), "Road Design Manual(617. Ventilation)", pp. 617-658.
- Park, S.H., Lee, S.J., Park, Y.H., Kim, S.M., Roh, J.H., Yoo, Y.H., Kim, J. (2016a), "Design Factors for the Ventilation System of a Networked Double-deck Tunnel", TUNNEL & UNDERGROUND SPACE Vol. 26, No. 1, pp. 32-45. https://doi.org/10.7474/TUS.2016.26.1.032
- Parsons Brinckerhoff Quade & Douglas, Inc. (1997), "Subway Environmental Design Handbook", Volume 2, Subway Environmental Simulation Computer Program-SES Version 4, Part 1 User's Manual, pp. 1-1-E-19.
- Sato, N., Ohta, Y., Komatsu, K. (1985), "Discharge of Exhaust Pollutnat from Portal of One-way Traffic Automobile Tunnel with Exhaust Shaft", 5th AVVT, H2-445-H2-460.
- Schlaug, R.N., Carlin, T.J. (1979), "Aerodynamics and Air Quality Management of Highway Tunnels", U.S. Federal Highway Administration, pp. 551.
- Shin, H.J., Kim, J.Y., Lew, J.O, Yun, C.Y. (1999), "Study on the desing technique of the road tunnel ventilation system", SAREK, 1999 Proceedings of the summer symposium, 99-S-054, pp. 329-336.
- Stokic. D. (1976), "Diagram for tunnel air velocity calculation due to simultaneous action of traffic and outer meteorological influences", 2nd AVVT, 1976, D3-45 D3-56.