- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The development of a back analysis program for subsea tunnel stability under operation: transversal tunnel section
운영 중 해저 터널의 안정성 평가를 위한 역해석 프로그램 개발: 횡단방향
- An, Joon-Sang (INHA University, Dept. of Civil Engineering) ;
- Kim, Byung-Chan (BasisSoft, Inc., Construction IT Laboratory) ;
- Lee, Sang-Hyun (INHA University, Dept. of Civil Engineering) ;
- Song, Ki-Il (INHA University, Dept. of Civil Engineering)
- Received : 2017.03.07
- Accepted : 2017.03.17
- Published : 2017.03.31
When back analysis is used for the assessment of an operating subsea tunnel safety in various measurement information such as stress, water pressure and tunnel lining and ground stiffness degradation, the reliable results within tolerable error rate can be obtained. By utilizing a commercial geotechnical analysis program FLAC3D, back analysis can be performed with a DEA which has already been successfully validated in previous studies. However, relative more time-consumption is the drawback of this approach. For this reason, this study introduced beam-spring model-based on FEM solver which uses less analysis time relatively. Beam-spring program capable of structural analysis of a circular tunnel section was developed by using Python language and combined with the built-DEA. From the measurement datum, expected to estimate the stability of an operation tunnel close to real-time.
Grant : 도심지 소단면 (φ 3.5m급) 터널식 공동구 설계 및 시공 핵심기술 개발
Supported by : 국토교통과학기술진흥원
- AFTES-WG7. (1993), "Considerations on the Usual Methods of Tunnel Lining Design", French Tunneling and Underground Engineering Association, Working Group No. 7 - Temporary Supports and Permanent Lining.
- Ahmet, G.C. (2010), "Evaluation of structural analysis methods used for the design of TBM segmental linings", Master's thesis, Middle East Technical University.
- An, J.S., Kim, B.C., Moon, H.K., Song, K.I., Su, G.S. (2016a), "DEA optimization for operating tunnel back analysis", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 183-193. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.2.183
- An, J.S., Kim, B.C., Moon, H.K., Song, K.I. (2016b), "Estimation of subsea tunnel stability considering ground and lining stiffness degradation measurements", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 5, pp. 389-399. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.5.389
- An, J.S., Kim, B.C., Moon, H.K., Song, K.I. (2016c), "The Development of Back Analysis Program for Tunnel Stability under Operation: Longitudinal Direction", Journal of Korean Tunn Undergr Sp Assoc, Vol. 18, No. 6, pp. 545-556. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.6.545
- Arnau, O., Molins, C. (2012), "Three dimensional structural response of segmental tunnel linings", Engineering structures, Vol. 44, pp. 210-221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.engstruct.2012.06.001
- Barpi, F., Barbero, M., Peila, D. (2011), "Numerical modelling of ground-tunnel support interaction using bedded-beam-spring model with fuzzy parameters", Gospodarka Surowcami Mineralnymi, Vol. 27, pp. 71-87.
- Bickel, J.O., Kuesel, T.R., & King, E. H. (1996), "Tunnel Engineering Handbook", Chapman and Hall. New York (ITP).
- ITA (International Tunnelling Association) Working Group No.2, (2000), "Guidelines for the design of shield tunnel lining", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 303-331. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(00)00058-4
- JSCE. (1996), "Japanese Standard for Shield Tunnelling, Japan Society of Civil Engineers", The third edition, Tokyo.
- Kawabata, K., Sakai, S., Deguchi, T., Sudo, T., Hori, N., Ishikawa, T. (2014), "Repair and Reinforcement Technology for Safe and Secure Concrete Structures that Have a Long Service Life", NTT Technical Review, Vol. 12, No. 10.
- Kim, J.W., Hong, E.S., Cho, G.C. (2016), "Assessment of elastic-wave propagation characteristics in grouting-improved rock mass around subsea tunnels", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 235-244. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2016.18.2.235
- Klar, A., Marshall, A.M., Soga, K., Mair, R.J. (2008), "Tunneling effects on jointed pipelines", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, Vol. 45, No. 1, pp. 131-139. https://doi.org/10.1139/T07-068
- Koyama, Y. (2003), "Present status and technology of shield tunneling method in Japan", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Vol. 18, No. 2, pp. 145-159. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0886-7798(03)00040-3
- Lee, Y.J., Kim, K.L., Jeong, K.W., Hong, E.J., Kim, S.H., Jun, D.C. (2015), "A study on the design of shield tunnel lining in high water pressure condition", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 227-236. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.227
- Nikkhah, M., Mousavi, S.S., Zare, S., Khademhosseini, O. (2016), "Evaluation of structural analysis of tunnel segmental lining using beam-spring method and force-method (Case study: Chamshir water conveyance tunnel)", Journal of Mining and Environment. (Published online: 27 May 2016)
- US Army Corps of Engineering (USACE) (1997), "Tunnels and shafts in rock", Engineering manual 1110-2-2901, Washington (USA).
- Woo, S.J., Yoo, C.S. (2015), "A study on the member forces of segmental linings considering key segments", Journal of Korean Tunnelling and Underground Space Association, Vol. 17, No. 3, pp. 363-382. https://doi.org/10.9711/KTAJ.2015.17.3.363
- Wood M. (1975), "The Circular Tunnel in Elastic Ground", Geotechnique, Vol. 25, No. 1. pp. 115-127. https://doi.org/10.1680/geot.1918.104.22.168
- Yan, Q.X., Yao, C.F., Yang, W.B., He, C., Geng, P. (2015), "An Improved Numerical Model of Shield Tunnel with Double Lining and Its Applications", Hindawi Publishing Corporation, Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, Vol. 2015.