- Volume 19 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A probabilistic fragility evaluation method of a RC box tunnel subjected to earthquake loadings
지진하중을 받는 RC 박스터널의 확률론적 취약도 평가기법
- Huh, Jungwon (Dept. of Ocean Civil Engr., Chonnam National University) ;
- Le, Thai Son (School of Engineering, The University of Newcastle) ;
- Kang, Choonghyun (Dept. of Ocean Civil Engr., Chonnam National University) ;
- Kwak, Kiseok (Geotechnical Engr. Research Institute, KICT) ;
- Park, Inn-Joon (Dept. of Civil Engr., Hanseo University)
- 허정원 (전남대학교 해양토목공학과) ;
- 리 타이손 (호주 뉴캐슬대학교) ;
- 강충현 (전남대학교 해양토목공학과) ;
- 곽기석 (한국건설기술연구원 지반연구소) ;
- 박인준 (한서대학교 공항융합학부 공항토목전공)
- Received : 2017.02.13
- Accepted : 2017.03.21
- Published : 2017.03.31
A probabilistic fragility assessment procedure is developed in this paper to predict risks of damage arising from seismic loading to the two-cell RC box tunnel. Especially, the paper focuses on establishing a simplified methodology to derive fragility curves which are an indispensable ingredient of seismic fragility assessment. In consideration of soil-structure interaction (SSI) effect, the ground response acceleration method for buried structure (GRAMBS) is used in the proposed approach to estimate the dynamic response behavior of the structures. In addition, the damage states of tunnels are identified by conducting the pushover analyses and Latin Hypercube sampling (LHS) technique is employed to consider the uncertainties associated with design variables. To illustrate the concepts described, a numerical analysis is conducted and fragility curves are developed for a large set of artificially generated ground motions satisfying a design spectrum. The seismic fragility curves are represented by two-parameter lognormal distribution function and its two parameters, namely the median and log-standard deviation, are estimated using the maximum likelihood estimates (MLE) method.
Supported by : National Research foundation of Korea, Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement
- Kim, J., Park, Y.J. You, J.S., Kim, D.H. (2000), "Development of Database System (GeoINFO) for the Investigation, Design and Construction of Underground Space", Journal of Korean Tunnel and Underground Space Association, Vol. 10, pp. 506-515.
- Kim Y.G., Kim, D.H. (2008), "Application of risk analysis and assessment considering tunnel stability and environmental effects in tunnel design", Journal of Korean Tunnel and Underground Space Association, Vol. 10, pp. 1-15.
- Choi, J.O., Kwon, O.S., Kim, M.M. (2000), "The Behavior of the Cast-in-place Pile Socketed in Rock Considering Soil-Structure Interaction", Journal of Korean Tunnel and Underground Space Association, Vol. 10, pp. 457-468.
- Katayama (1990), "Study on fundamental problems in seismic design analyses of critical structures and facilities", Diss, Tokyo University, pp. 188-200.
- KBC 2013, "Korea building code".
- Kim, J.M. (2007), "QuakeGem-Computer program for generating multiple earthquake motions", Thesis, Chonnam National University.
- Kim, J.M. (2007), M-Shake-Site response analysis for layered soil, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Chonnam National University.
- ATC40 (1996), "Seismic evaluation and retrofit of concrete building, California".
- Information on http://www.eqrisk.info/indo-nor-course/trainingsessions/Training_SAP2000NonLinear Analysis.pdf.
- Wang, J.N. (1993), "Seismic design of tunnel: A state of the art approach", Parsons Brinckerhoff monograph, Inc., New York.
- Matos, J.C., Patista, J., Cruz, P., Valente, I. (2010), "Uncertainty evaluation of reinforced concrete structures behavior", The fifth international Conference on bridge aintenance, safety and management- IABMAS 2010, International Association for Bridge Maintenance and Safety, Portugal.
- Shinozuka, M., Feng, M.Q., Kim, H., Uzawa, T., Ueda, T. (2000), "Statistical analysis of fragility curves", Technical report MCEER.
- Vamvatsikos, D., Cornell, C.A. (2004), "Applied incremental dynamic analysis", Earthquake spectra, Vol. 20, No. 2, pp. 523-553. https://doi.org/10.1193/1.1737737
- Ibarra, L.F., Krawinkler, H. (2005), "Global collapse of frame structures under seismic excitations", Berkeley, CA: Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center.
- Information on http://web.stanford.edu/-bakerjw/fragility/archived_versions.
- Information on http://manual.midasuser.com/EN_TW/civil/791/index.htm.
- Pitilakis, K. (2011), "D3.7-Fragility function for Roadway System Elements", Norway.