- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Orofacial Training Video Program using Smart Device on Oral Cavity Structure and Function, Diadochokinetic Rate in Acute Stroke Patients with Dysarthria
스마트 기기를 활용한 구강안면 훈련 영상 프로그램이 마비말장애가 있는 급성 뇌졸중 환자의 구강 구조 및 기능과 조음교대운동속도에 미치는 효과
- Received : 2016.12.26
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
The purpose of this study was investigated the effect of orofacial training video program using smart device on oral cavity structure and function, diadochokinetic rate in acute stroke patients with dysarthria. Present study participated in fourteen acute stroke patients with dysarthria. All subjects assigned that randomized each seven patients in experimental and control group. Subjects of two groups received conventional rehabilitation therapy for 4 weeks. Experimental group performed additionally that orofacial training video program using smart device, supervised under caregivers, during 30 min/day. The outcome measures were the oral cavity structure and function of subscale for KOMSE(: Korean Oro-motor Mechanism Screening Examination), AMR(: Alternating Motion Rate), SMR(: Sequential Motion Rate). In results, Both group showed significant improvements after intervention in all assessments(p<.05). In comparison of change between two groups, experimental group showed significant improvements than control group in oral cavity function, /p ə/ and /tə/ of AMR(p<.05). We suggested that orofacial training video program using smart device expected to positive effects the improvements of oral cavity and articulator function in acute stroke patients with dysarthria.
본 연구의 목적은 스마트 기기를 활용한 구강안면 훈련 영상 프로그램이 마비말장애가 있는 급성 뇌졸중 환자의 구강 구조 및 기능과 조음교대운동속도에 미치는 효과를 알고자 하였다. 본 연구는 마비말장애가 있는 급성 뇌졸중 환자 14명을 대상으로 하였다. 연구에 참가한 모든 대상자들은 실험군과 대조군으로 7명씩 무작위 할당되었다. 두 그룹의 대상자들은 4주 동안 모두 동일하게 보편적인 재활치료를 받았다. 실험군은 스마트 기기를을 활용한 구강안면 훈련 영상 프로그램을 보호자의 감독 하에 추가적으로 30분씩 더 수행하였다. 구강 구조와 기능을 측정하기 위하여 조음기관 구조 및 기능선별검사의 하위항목인 구강 구조와 기능을 평가하였다. 조음교대운동속도를 측정하기 위하여 교대운동속도와 연속운동속도를 평가하였다. 연구 결과, 그룹 내 비교에서 실험군과 대조군은 구강 구조 및 기능, 교대운동속도, 연속운동속도에서 유의한 향상을 보였다(p<.05). 두 그룹 간 변화량 비교에서 실험군은 대조군보다 구강기능과 교대운동속도의 /퍼/와 /터/에서 유의한 향상을 보였다(p<.05). 스마트 기기를 활용한 구강안면 훈련 영상 프로그램은 마비말장애가 있는 급성 뇌졸중 환자의 구강 기능과 조음기관 기능에 긍정적인 효과를 기대할 수 있는 중재방법으로 사료된다.
- J, Moon, H, Kim, J, Seo, and D, Hong, "Effects of swallowing training of high viscosity bolus on swallow function based on videofluoroscopic swallowing examination in stroke patients with dysphagia," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 9, 2016, pp. 909-916. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.9.909
- F. Darley, A. Aronson, and J. Brown, "Clusters of deviant speech dimensions in the Dysarthrias," J. of Speech and Hearing Research, vol. 12, no. 3, 1969, pp. 462-496. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.1203.462
- Warlow, C. P., Dennis, M. S., van Gijn, J., Hankey, G. J., Sandercock, P. A., Bamford, J. M., and Wardlaw, J. M., Stroke: a practical guide to management. Oxford: Blackwell Scientific, 2001
- Bowen, A., Hesketh, A., Patchick, E., Young, A., Davies, L., Vail, A., and Ralph, M. A. L, "Effectiveness of enhanced communication therapy in the first four months after stroke for aphasia and dysarthria: a randomised controlled trial," BMJ, vol. 16, no. 26, 2012, pp. 4407-4415.
- R. King, "Quality of life after stroke," Stroke, vol. 27, no. 9, 1996, pp. 1467-1472. https://doi.org/10.1161/01.STR.27.9.1467
- M. Catherine, M. Margaret, and A. Carolyn, "Non-speech oro-motor exercise use in acquired Dysarthria management: regimes and rationales," Int. J. of Language & Communication Disorders, vol. 45, no. 6, 2010, pp. 617-629. https://doi.org/10.3109/13682820903470577
- G. Schulz, W. Dingwall, and C. Ludlow, "Speech and Oral Motor Learning in Individuals With Cerebeller Atrophy," J. of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, vol. 42, no. 5, 1999, pp. 1157-1175. https://doi.org/10.1044/jslhr.4205.1157
- H. M. Clark, D. A. Robin, and G. McCullah, "Motor Control in Children and Adults During a Non-Speech Oral Task," J. of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, vol. 44, no. 5, 2001, pp. 1015-1025. https://doi.org/10.1044/1092-4388(2001/080)
- E. Hwang, The Clinical teaching of Language disorders. Seoul: Hongicjae, 1987.
- R, Park and H, Kwon, "The Effects of Program by PNF on the Articulator Function of Stroke Patients," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 3, 2014, pp. 303-310. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.3.303
- U, Kim, "An Image Denoising Algorithm for the Mobile Phone Cameras," J. of The Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 5, 2014, pp. 601-607. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.18.104.22.1681
- S, Yim, Y, Kim, and J, Park, "Cheon, S. H. and Lee, Y. J. (2014). Analysis on needs based survey of parents and speech-language pathologists for smartphone programs," Communication Sciences & Disorders, vol. 19, no. 4, 2014, pp. 486-500. https://doi.org/10.12963/csd.14199
- H, Lim and H, Park, "Development and research trends of application as the smart education media for ASD," J. of the Korean Association for Persons with Autism, vol. 12, no. 1, 2012, pp. 93-117.
- Dechene, L. Tousignant, M. Boissy, P. Macoir, J. Heroux, S. Hamel, M. Briere, S. and Pages, S., "Simulated in-home teletreatment for anomia," Int. J. of Telerehabilitation, vol. 3, no. 2, 2011, pp. 3-10. https://doi.org/10.5195/IJT.2011.6075
- L. Cherney and S. Vuuren, "Telerehabilitation, virtual therapists and acquired neurologic speech and language disorders," Seminars in Speech and Language, vol. 33, no. 3, 2012, pp. 243-257. https://doi.org/10.1055/s-0032-1320044
- Constantinescu, G. Theodoros, D. Russell, T. Ward, E. Wilson, S. and Wooton, R., "Assessing disordered speech and voice in Parkinson's disease: a telerehabilitation application," International J. of Language and Communication Disorders, vol. 45, no. 6, 2010, pp. 630-644. https://doi.org/10.3109/13682820903470569
- R, Park, S, Kim, S, and Choi, "The Effect of Upper Extremity Exercise Program for Hemiplegic Stroke Patients," The Korean Academic Society Of Adult Nursing, 2004, vol. 16, no. 4, 2004, pp. 626-635.
- J, Moon and Y Won, "Effects of orofacial exercises training program using smart phone on swallowing function and tongue strength in acute stroke patients with dysphagia," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 10, 2016, pp. 995-1002. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.10.995
- M, Kang, C, Kwon, H, Kim, and N, Cho, "Effect of orofacial exercise on the swallowing function of stroke patients," The J. of Korean Society of Occupational Therapy, vol. 21, no. 1, 2013, pp. 57-69.
- Sellars, C., Hughes, T., and Langhorne, P., "Speech and language therapy for dysarthria due to non-progressive brain damage," The Cochrane Library, 2005.
- J, Shin, O, Kim, B, Lee, and Y, Lee, "A preliminary study of developing korean oro-motor mechanism screening examination (KOMSE) in normal adults," Speech Sciences, vol. 15, no. 4, 2008, pp. 171-188.
- Gadesmann, M. and Miller, N, "Reliability of speech diadochokinetic test measurement," International J. of language & communication disorders, vol. 43, no. 1, 2008, pp. 41-54. https://doi.org/10.1080/13682820701234444
- R, Kim, H, Chun, and H, Kang, "Change of respiratory function following rehabilitation in acute hemiplegic stroke patients," J. of Korean Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine, vol. 33, no. 1, 2009, pp. 21-28.
- Palmer, P. and Enderby, P. "Methods of speech therapy treatment for stable dysarthria: a review," Advances in Speech Language Pathology, vol. 9, no. 2, 2007, pp. 140-153. https://doi.org/10.1080/14417040600970606
- Catherine, M., Margaret, M., and Carolyn, A, "Non-speech oro-motor exercise use in acquired dysarthria management: regimes and rationales," Int. J. of Language & Communication Disorders, vol. 45, no. 6, 2010, pp. 617-629. https://doi.org/10.3109/13682820903470577
- M. McHenry, J. Minton, R. Wilson, and Y. Post, "Intelligibility and nonspeech orofacial strength and force control following traumatic brain injury," J. of Speech, Language, and Hearing Research, vol. 37 no.6, 1994, pp. 1271-83. https://doi.org/10.1044/jshr.3706.1271
- J, Kim and Y, Shin. Articulatory and phonological disorders. Seoul: Sigmapress, 2007.
- S. Kim and U. Jo, "Study of accent-based music speech protocol development for improving voice problems in stroke patients with mixed dysarthria," NeuroRehabilitation, vol. 32, no. 1, 2013, pp. 185-190.
- H, Chang and D, Kim, "Acoustic Properties of Korean Plosives Produced by Chinese Speakers," Linguistic Research, vol. 26, no. 3, 2009, pp. 91-109. https://doi.org/10.17250/khisli.26.3.200912.005