- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Development of Sensor and Block expandable Teaching-Aids-robot
센서 및 블록 확장 가능한 교구용 보조 로봇 개발
- Received : 2017.01.06
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
In this paper, we design and implement an educational robot system that can use scratch education with the function of user demanding to perform robot education in actual school site in an embedded environment. It is developed to enable physical education for sensing information processing, software design and programming practice training that is the basis of robotic system. The development environment of the system is Arduino Uno based product using Atmega 328 core, debugging environment based on Arduino Sketch, firmware development language using C language, OS using Windows, Linux, Mac OS X. The system operation process receives the control command of the server using the Bluetooth communication, and drives various sensors of the educational robot. The curriculum includes Scratch program and Bluetooth communication, which enables real-time scratch training. It also provides smartphone apps and is designed to enable education like C and Python through expansion. Teachers at the school site used the developed products and presented performance processing results satisfying the missionary needs of the missionaries.
- B. Fagin and L. Merkle, "Measuring the effectiveness of robots in teaching computer science ACMSIGCSE Bulletin," Proc. of the 34th, Special Interest Group on Computer Science Education Technical Symp, Reno, Navada, USA, vol. 35, no. 1, February 19-23, 2003, pp. 307-311.
- W. Gurstelle, Building Bot Design and Building Warrior Robots. Chicago: Chicago Review Press. December, 1, 2002.
- I. Yoo and T. Kim, "The Effects of MINDSTORMS Programming Instruction on the Creativity," The J. of Korean Association of Computer Education, vol. 9, no. 1, 2006, pp. 1-11.
- J. Moon, Y. Ryuh, and J. An, "A Study on Designing Key Fastening Parts for Compatibility of Teaching-Aids-Robots," The J. of Korea Robotics Society, vol. 6, no. 1, 2011. pp. 10-17. https://doi.org/10.7746/jkros.2011.6.1.010
- J. Park and C. Kim, "The Effects of the Robot Based Art Instruction on the Creativity in Elementary School," J. of the Korean Association of Information Education, vol. 15, no. 2, 2011, pp. 277-285.
- J. Song, "Designing of Block-Type Puzzle Assembly Robot Education System without Computer," J. of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 18, no. 4, 2013. 4, pp. 183-190. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2013.18.4.183
- S. Papert, Mindstorms: Children Computers, and Powerful Ideas. New York: Basic Books, August, 3, 1993.
- A. Sipitakiat, P. Blikstein, and D. Cavallo, "GoGo Board: Augmenting Programmable Bricks for Economically Challenged Audiences," In Proc. from Int. Conf. of the Learning Sciences, Los Angeles, USA, June 22-26, 2004, pp. 481-488.
- Y. Jeon, J. Song, and T. Lee, "The Impact of Robot Use in Practical Arts Education on the Learner's Problem-Solving Ability," J. of Korean Practical Arts Education, vol. 14, no. 4, 2008, pp. 209-224. https://doi.org/10.17055/jpaer.2008.14.4.209
- N. Kim, J. Ha, "Performing Missions of a Small Biped Walking Robot using Image Processing", J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 12, 2016, pp. 1225-1230. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.12.1225
- J. Byun and Y. Choi, "An Efficient Stair Locomotion Method of Quadruped Robot with Mechanism of Insectile Leg," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 10, no. 3, 2015, pp. 395-402. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2015.10.3.395