- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Implementation of Image based Fire Detection System Using Convolution Neural Network
합성곱 신경망을 이용한 이미지 기반 화재 감지 시스템의 구현
- Bang, Sang-Wan (Dept. of Computer Information, Songwon University)
- 방상완 (송원대학교 컴퓨터정보학과)
- Received : 2017.02.13
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
The need for early fire detection technology is increasing in order to prevent fire disasters. Sensor device detection for heat, smoke and fire is widely used to detect flame and smoke, but this system is limited by the factors of the sensor environment. To solve these problems, many image-based fire detection systems are being developed. In this paper, we implemented a system to detect fire and smoke from camera input images using a convolution neural network. Through the implemented system using the convolution neural network, a feature map is generated for the smoke image and the fire image, and learning for classifying the smoke and fire is performed on the generated feature map. Experimental results on various images show excellent effects for classifying smoke and fire.
- C. Liu and N. Ahuja, "Vision Based Fire Detection," Proc. of the 17th Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition, Cambridge, UK, Aug. 2004, pp. 134-137.
- D. Zhang, S. Han, J. Zhao, and Z. Zhang, "Image based forest fire detection using dynamic characteristics with artificial neural networks," Int. Joint Conf. on Artificial Intelligence, Hainan Island, China, Apr. 2009, pp. 290-293.
- T. Celik, H. Ozkaramanlt, and H. Demirel, "Fire pixel classification using fuzzy logic and statistical color model," IEEE Trans. Acoustics, Speech and Signal Processing, vol. 1, no. 2, 2007, pp. 1205-1208.
- T. Hhen and P. Hu, "An Early Fire Detection Method Based on Image Processing," Int. Conf. on Image Processing, Singapore, Oct. 2004, pp. 1707-1710.
- B. Toreyina and Y. Dedeoglub, "Computer vision based method for real-time fire and flame detection," Pattern Recognition Letters, vol. 27, issue 1, 2006, pp. 49-58. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2005.06.015
- J. Park, H. Kim, and Y. Yu, "Video Based Fire Detection Algorithm using Gaussian Mixture Model," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 6, no. 2, 2011, pp. 206-211.
- H. Kim and J. Park, "Fire Detection in Outdoor Using Statistical Characteristics of Smoke," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 2, 2014, pp. 149-154. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.2.149
- S. Mang and J. Kim, "Survey for Early Detection Techniques of Smoke and Flame using Camera Images," J. of the Korea Society of Computer and Information, vol. 16, issue 4, 2011, pp. 43-52. https://doi.org/10.9708/jksci.2011.16.4.043
- K. Cheoi, "An Intelligent Fire Learning and Detection System Using Convolutional Neural Networks," Korea Information Processing Society Trans. Software and Data Engineering, vol. 5, no. 11, Nov. 2016, pp. 607-614.
- Y. LeCun, L. Bottou, Y. Bengio, and P. Haffner, "Gradient-based learning applied to document recognition," Proc. of the IEEE, vol. 86, issue 11, Nov. 1998, pp. 2278-2324. https://doi.org/10.1109/5.726791
- E. Lee and W. Lee, "Recognition of characters on car number plate and best recognition ratio among their layers using Multi-layer Perceptron," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016, pp. 73-80. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.1.73
- A. L. Maas, A. Y. Hannun, A. Y. Ng, "Rectifier Nonlinearities Improve Neural Network Acoustic Models," Proc. of the 30th Int. Conf. on Machine Learning, Atlanta, USA, June 2013.