- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
Design and Verification of Disturbace Observer based Controller for Windturbine with Two Cooperative Generators
두 대의 협력적인 발전기를 갖는 풍력발전기의 외란관측기 기반 제어기의 설계 및 검증
- Lee, Kook-Sun ;
- Cho, Whang (Division of Robotics(Information Control, Intelligence System), Kwangwoon University) ;
- Back, Ju-Hoon ;
- Choy, Ick
- Received : 2016.12.22
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
This paper proposes a disturbance observer based controller design method for generating and yawing control of windturbine with two cooperative generators. Windturbine system with two cooperative generators is a distinct structure in which the wind energy supplied by blade axis is converted into electrical energy by two cooperative generators. In this structure, two generators can be controlled independently and therefore they can generate power, simultaneously performing yawing control of nacelle without extra yawing mechanism by cooperatively controlling generating load in appropriate manner. Using this structural trait, this paper designs a disturbance observer based controller that enables the windturbine system with cooperative generators to generate and yaw stably, and verifies the performance of the controller experimentally by applying it to a small-scale windturbine system with the same structure.
Supported by : 광운대학교
- K. Lee, I. Choy, W. Cho, and J. Back, "MPPT and Yawing Control of a New Horizontal-Axis Wind Turbine with Two Parallel-Connected Generators," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no.1, 2012, pp. 81-89. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.1.081
- K. Lee, S. Kim, J. Back, I. Choy, and W. Cho, "Modelling and control of dual generator type wind turbine(DGWT)," Int. Conf. on Control, Automation and Systems, Clemson, USA, Oct. 2013, pp. 1830-1835.
- R. CMaydew and P. CKlimas, "Aerodynamic performance of vertical and horizontal axis wind turbines," J. of Energy, vol. 5, no.3, 1981, pp. 189-190. https://doi.org/10.2514/3.48033
- M. Islam, D. Ting, and A. Fartaj, "Aerodynamic models for Darrieus-type straight-bladed vertical axis wind turbines," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, vol. 12, no. 4, 2008, pp. 1087-1109. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rser.2006.10.023
- F. Farret, L. Pischer, and D. Bernardon, "Active yaw control sensorless wind speed and direction measurements for horizontal axis wind turbines," In Devices, Circuits and Systems, 3rd IEEE Int. Caracas Conf., Clemson, USA, Mar. 2000, pp. 1-6.
- W. Cui, F. Yu, X. Liu, and J. Whitty, "Analysis of the passive yaw mechanism of small horizontal-axis wind turbines," In World Non-Grid-Connected Wind Power and Energy, IEEE Conf., San Diego, USA, Nov. 2009, pp. 1-5.
- T. Umeno, T. Kaneko, and Y. Hori, "Robust servosystem design with two degrees of freedom and its application to novel motion control of robot manipulators," IEEE Trans. Industrial Electronics, vol. 40, no. 5, 1993, pp. 473-485. https://doi.org/10.1109/41.238016
- J. Back and H. Shim, "Adding robustness to nominal output-feedback controllers for uncertain nonlinear systems: a nonlinear version of disturbance observer," Automatica, vol. 44, no. 10, 2008, pp. 2528-2537. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.automatica.2008.02.024
- Y. Joo, J. Back, H. Shim, and J. Seo, "Disturbance Observer of Multi-Input Multi-Output Linear Systems," Proc. of the Korean Institute of Electrical Engineers Conf., San Antonio, USA, Oct. 2007, pp. 51-52.
- J. Back and H. Shim, "An inner-loop controller guaranteeing robust transient performance for uncertain MIMO nonlinear systems," IEEE Trans. Automatic Control, vol. 7, no. 2, 2009, pp. 1601-1607.