- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Linearity Analysis of Low Noise Down-Converter for Ka-band UHD Satellite-broadcasting
Ka-대역 UHD 위성방송용 저 잡음 하향변환기의 선형성 분석
- Mok, Gwang-Yun (Dept. of Information & Communication Engineering, Kyungnam University) ;
- Rhee, Young-Chul
- Received : 2017.02.24
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
In this paper, we suggested that a RF-front module of down-converter that represents the lowest noise figure to receive high quality video signals because the attenuation occurs in the atmosphere over 20GHz. By budget analysis of CDR, SFDR and CIP3 of RF-FEM, we also analyzed the parameters and linearity that presents high dynamic range. The total gain of designed Ka-band down-converter is 61.8dBand noise figure is 1.05dB, so gain and noise figures show excellent properties. In the future, the designed RF-FEM will be applied to the Ka-band satellite down-converter for UHD-class video transmission.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- S. Park, D. Kim, and G. Mark, "Technology Trends and Effective Frequency Utilization for UHDTV Broadcasting," J. of Broadcat Engineering, vol. 18, no. 2, Apr. 2013, pp. 57-72.
- S. Cho, "UHDTV technology and standardization status," TTA J., vol. 140, (no. 3) Mar. 2012 pp. 49-54.
- V. Labrador and P. Galace, "The South Korea Satellite Market.," Satellite Executive Briefing, June 2016, PP. 8-11.
- S. Gahm, "Satus of UHDTV broadcasting in Repiblic of Korea.," ITU-R SG6 WP6C Workshop, Mar. 2014
- M. Shin, J. Ryu, and D. Gh, "A Study on the Ka-band Satellite 4K-UHD Broadcasting Service provisioning in Korea," Proc. the 8th Int. Conf. on Mobile Ubiquitous computing, Sysyems, Services an Technology, Rome, Italy, aug, 2014, pp. 204-209.
- M. Kamruzzaman and M. Islam, "Rain Attenuation Prediction for Satellite Communications Link at Ku and Ka Bands Over Bangladesh," 2014 Int. Conf. on Electrical Engineering and Information & Communication Technology (ICEEICT), Dhaka, Bangladesh, Apr. 2014.
- Y. Lee and S. Winkler, "Effects of Rain Attenuation on Satellite Video Transmission," Proc. of IEEE 73rd, Vehicular Technology Conf., Budapest, Hungary, may, 2011, pp. 1-5.
- E. Casini, R. Gaudenzi, and A. Ginesi, "DVB-S2 modem algorithms design and performance over typical satellite cvhannel," Int. J. of Satellite. Communications and Networking., vol. 22, no. 2, 2004, pp. 281-381. https://doi.org/10.1002/sat.791
- X. Fi, N. Zhou, and S. Liu," Joing Sourc/Channel Coding Based on Two-Dimensional Optimization for Scalable H.264.AVC Video," ETRI J., vol. 33, no. 2, Apr. 2011, pp. 155-162. https://doi.org/10.4218/etrij.11.0110.0220
- S. Shawn, W. Pingyi, S. Pocheng, C. Minchih, C. Yincheng, and C. Dachiang, "Design of Ku/Ka band down-converter front-end for digital broadcast satellite receivers," IEEE Int. Wireless Symp. (IWS), Shenzhen, China, Apr. 2015, pp. 1-4.
- A. Vaeff, "Minimum Detectable Radar Signal and Its Dependence Upon Parameters of Radar Systems," Proc. of the IRE, vol. 34, no. 11, Sept. 2006, pp. 857-861. https://doi.org/10.1109/JRPROC.1946.232575
- R. Watson, "Receiver Dynamic Range : Part 2," WJ Tech-notes, vol. 14. no.2, Apr. 1987.
- T. S. Yun,"Harmonic-Suppressed Hairpin Bandpass Filter for the Microwave Radiometer," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 10, 2014, pp. 1169-1174. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.10.1169