- Volume 12 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
The Study on the Design and Implementation of SHF band Upconverter of Digital Satellite Communication
디지털위성중계기용 SHF 대역 상향주파수 변환장치 설계 및 구현에 대한 연구
- Kim, Ki-Jung (HW Team(Radar) Hanwha System)
- 김기중 (한화시스템 HW팀(레이다))
- Received : 2017.01.13
- Accepted : 2017.04.24
- Published : 2017.04.30
This study describes the design and implementation of SHF band Upconverter Digital Satellite Communication. The SHF band Upconverter unit consists of PLDROand frequency converter. In frequency converter, microstripBPF and LPF designed through the pre EMsimulation are implemented to minimize the unwanted spurious in frequency converter. Through the pre-simulation analysis ofspace environment, the possibility of and minimized about the malfunction of equipment and we designed a reliable SHF band Upconverter through simulation for a TID according to the vibration generated during the launch and space radiation environment, and compared pre-simulation of main performance results to test results about main performances of SHF band Upconverter after production.
- K. Kim and H. Seo, "The system performance analysis and implementation of Digital Communication Satellite," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 4, no. 9, 2014, pp. 439-445.
- K. Kim and H. Ko, "The Optimization using PCB EM interpretation of GEO satellite's L Band Converter," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 8, no. 8, 2013, pp. 1219-1226. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2013.8.8.1219
- M. Go, "Design and Fabrication of wideband low-noise amplification stage for COMINT," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 7, no. 2, 2012, pp. 221-226. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2012.7.2.221
- S. Kim and Y. Rhee, "Implementation of Ku-band Low Noise Block for Global Multi-Band Digital Satellite Broadcasting," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 11, no. 1, 2016, pp. 23-28. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2016.11.1.23
- M. Go, H. Shin, and H. Park, "A RF Module for digital terrestrial and multi-standard reception," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 1, no. 1, 2006, pp. 16-27.
- K. Kim and B. Kim, "The Study on the design and implementation of a X-band 25W Power Amplifier Module using GaAs MMIC," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 9, no. 11, 2014, pp. 1311-1316. https://doi.org/10.13067/JKIECS.2014.9.11.1311
- M. AcCullar, "Thermal vacuum testing: test preparation," In Proc. Thermal Fluids Anal. Workshop (TFAWS 2010), League City, USA, Aug. 2010.
- S. Kim, H. Seo, J. You, E. Han, T. Kim, H. Kim, and H. Huh, "Development and verification of thermal analysis model for thermal vacuum test of satellite components," J. Korean Soc. Aeronautical Space Sci. (KSAS), vol. 38, no. 8, Aug. 2010, pp. 842-847. https://doi.org/10.5139/JKSAS.2010.38.8.842
- ESA Requirements and Standards Division, "Space Engineering: Testing," European Space Agency ECSS-E-10-03A, Feb. 2002.
- T. Kim, J. Park, and Y. Rhee, "Implementation of Ka-band Low Noise Block Converter For Satellite," J. of the Korea Institute of Electronic Communication Sciences, vol. 3, no. 2, 2008, pp. 93-100.