- Volume 18 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Knowledge Ownership on Knowledge Creation Attitudes
지식소유감이 지식생산태도에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2016.11.13
- Accepted : 2017.03.10
- Published : 2017.03.31
The voluntary knowledge creation plays an important role in achieving competitive advantage in the organization from the perspective of knowledge management. Although many companies have introduced the Knowledge Management Systems (KMS) for this purpose, they have not gained the expected benefits from those systems. One of the reasons for that is KMS have not provided organization members with sufficient intrinsic motivation about knowledge creation, diffusion and application. Therefore, this study proposes a concept called psychological knowledge ownership as intrinsic motivation factor that facilitates knowledge creation and examines its antecedents and consequences. The research results show that reputation, self-efficacy, and expertise sharing have impacts on psychological knowledge ownership, which in turn influences knowledge creation attitude. In conclusion, we discuss both theoretical and practical implications of this research and suggest its limitations.
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- 권양은 2011. "정부출연 연구기관의 지식관리시스템 활용성 증진을 위한 개선방안 연구,"
- 신동민, "대덕연구단지 연구기관의 지식관리 시스템 에 관한 사례연구," 한국비블리아학회지 (22:1), pp. 11-331. https://doi.org/10.14699/KBIBLIA.2011.22.1.301
- 김형균, 홍성중, 김종우 2009. "중소기업 직원들의 사회적 교환관계, 심리적 소유감 및 혁신행동간의 관계," 2009년한국경영학회 통합학술대회, pp. 1-14.
- 신동민 2011. "대덕연구단지 연구기관의 지식관리 시스템에 관한 사례연구," 2011년 한국비블리아학회지 (22:1), pp. 11-331. https://doi.org/10.14699/KBIBLIA.2011.22.1.011
- 오을임, 김구 2003. "지방공무원들에게 있어서 지식공유 행태의 영향요인에 관한 탐색적 연구," 한국정책과학학회보 (7:1), pp. 203-232.
- 이봉세, 방경규, 임효창 2009. "직무특성과 주인 의식문화가 심리적 소유감 및 태도에 미치는 영향," 산업관계연구 (19:1), pp. 1-220.
- 이정민, 곽기영 2010. "소셜 미디어 사용이 직무 생산성에 미치는 영향: 지식공유와 의사결정참여의 매개역할을 중심으로," 2010년 한국지식경영학회 추계학술대회 논문집, pp. 115-145.
- 장시영, 이정섭, 오만석 2004. "조직 구성원이 보유한 형식지와 암묵지의 조직소유인식에 관한 탐색적 연구," 경영과학 (21:1), pp. 1-129.
- 조인수, 박희준 2008. "지식활동성과 향상을 위한 지식공유의 영향요인에 대한 연구-관계적 요인을 중심으로" 2008년 지식정보산업연합학회 창립기념 학술대회, pp. 1-494.
- Ambrosio, J. 2000. "Knowledge management mistakes," Computerworld (34:27), pp.34-35.
- Amabile, T. A. 1993. "Motivational synergy: Toward new conceptualizations of intrinsic and extrinsic motivation in workplace," Human Resource Management Review (3), pp. 185-201.
- Anand, A., and M. D. Singh. 2011. "Understanding Knowledge Managememt: a literature review," International Journal of Enginneering Science and Technology (3:2.)
- Anderson, J. C., and Gerbing, D. W. 1988. "Structural Equation Modeling in Practice: Review and Recommended Two-Step Approach," Psychological Bulletin (103:3), pp.411-423. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-2909.103.3.411
- Ba, S., J. Stallaert, A. B. Whinston. 2001. "Research commentary: introducing a third dimension in information systems design--the case for incentive alignment," Information Systems Research.
- Bandura, A. 1977. "Self-efficacy: Toward a Unifying Theory of Behavioral Change," Psychological Review (84:3), pp.191-215. https://doi.org/10.1037/0033-295X.84.2.191
- Barr y, L., C. Warren, C. Millssa and T. Herman. 2003. "The Construct Development of Ownership Culture," Academy of Business & Administrative Sciences Proceedings, pp.1-30.
- Bartol, K. M. and A. Srivastava. 2002. "Encouraging Knowledge Sharing: The Role of Organizational Reward Systems," Journal of Leadership & Organizational Studies (29:1), pp. 64-76.
- Becerra-Fernandez, I., A. Gonalez, and R. Sabherwal. 2004. Knowledge management challenges solutions and technologies, Pearson Prentice Hall.
- Bock, G. W. and Y. G. Kim. 2002. "Breaking the Myths of Rewards: An Exploratory Study of Attitudes About Knowledge Sharing," Information Resources Management Journal (15:2), pp. 14-21. https://doi.org/10.4018/irmj.2002040102
- Bock, G. W., W. Z. Robert, T. G. Kim, and G. N. Lee. 2005. "Behavioral Intention Formation in Knowledge Sharing: Examining the Roles of Extrinsic Motivators, Social-Psychological Forces, and Organizational Climate," MIS Quarterly, (29:1), pp. 87-111. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148669
- Chau, P. Y. K. 1996. "An empirical investigation on factors affecting the acceptance of CASE by systems developers," Information and Management archive (30:6).
- Chiu, C. M., M. H. Hsu, and T. G. W. Eric. 2006. "Understanding knowledge sharing in virtual communities: An integration of social capital and social cognitive theories," Decision Support Systems, pp. 1872-1888.
- Choi, S. Y., H. Lee and Y. Yoo. 2010. "The impact of information technology and transactive memory systems on knowledge sharing, application, and team performance: a field study," MIS Quarterly (34:4), pp. 855-870. https://doi.org/10.2307/25750708
- Constant, D., S. Kiesler and L. Sproull. 1994. "What's Mine Is Our or Is It? A Study of Attitudes about Information Sharing," Information Systems Research (5:4), pp.400-421. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.5.4.400
- Constant, D., L. Sproull, and S. Kiesler. 1996. "The Kindness of Strangers: The Usefulness of Electronic Weak Ties for Technical Advice," Organization Science (7:2), pp. 119-135. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.7.2.119
- Dittmar, H. 1992. The social psychology of material possessions: To have is to be. New York: St. Martin Press.
- Eisenberger, R., L. Rhoades, and J. Cameron. 1999. "Does pay for performance increase or decrease self-determination and intrinsic motivation?," Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, pp. 1026-1040.
- Frohlich, N., J. Godard, J. A. Oppenheimer and F. A. Starke. 1988. "Employee versus conventionally-owned and controlled firms: an experimental analysis," Managerial and decision economics, pp. 311-326.
- Gefen, D., Stuab, D. W., and M. C. Boudreau. 2000. "Structural Equation Modeling and Regression: Guidelines for Research Practice," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (4:7), pp.1-76.
- Gefen, D., E. Karahanna, and D. W. Straub. 2003. "Trust and TAM in Online Shopping: An Integrated Model," MIS Quarterly (27:1), pp. 51-90. https://doi.org/10.2307/30036519
- Han, T. S., H. H. Chiang, and A. Chang. 2010. "Employee participation in decision making, psychological ownership and knowledge sharing: mediating role of organizational commitment in Taiwanese high-tech organizations," The International Journal of Human Resource Management (21:12), pp. 2218-2233. https://doi.org/10.1080/09585192.2010.509625
- Hooff, V. D. and F. L. Weenen 2004. "Committed to Share: Commitment and CMC Use as Antecedents of Knowledge Sharing," Knowledge and Process Management (11:1), pp. 13-24. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.187
- Jarvenpaa, S. L. and D. S. Staples. 2001. "Exploring Perceptions of Organizational Ownership of Information and Expertise," Journal of Management Information Systems (18:1), pp. 151-184. https://doi.org/10.1080/07421222.2001.11045673
- Joreskog, K. G. and D. Sorbom. 1993. "Equation Modeling with the SIMPLIS Command Language," Chicago: Scientific Software International Inc.
- Kathryn M. B. and A. Srivastava. 2002. "Encouraging Knowledge Sharing: The Role of Organizational Reward Systems," Journal of Leadership and Organization Studies (9:1), pp.64-76 https://doi.org/10.1177/107179190200900105
- Kotlarsky, J. and I. Oshri. 2005. "Social Ties, Knowledge Sharing and Successful Collaboration in Globally Distributed System Development Projects," European Journal of Information Systems (14:1), pp. 37-48. https://doi.org/10.1057/palgrave.ejis.3000520
- Lin, H. 2007. "Effects of extrinsic and intrinsic motivation on employee knowledge sharing intentions", Journal of Information Science archive (33:2).
- McAfee, A. P. 2006. "Enterprise 2.0: The Dawn of Emergent Collaboration," MIT Sloan management Review (47:3).
- Nonaka, I. and H. Takeuchi. 1995. "The K nowledge-Creat ing Company: How Japanese Companies Create the Dynamics of Innovation," Oxford University Press, New York, USA.
- Osterloh, M. and B. S. Frey. 2000. "Motivation, Knowledge Transfer, and Organizational Forms," Organization science (11:5), pp. 538-550. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.11.5.538.15204
- Pierce, J. L., Stephen A. Rubenfeld and S. Morgan. 1991. "Employee of ownership: A conceptual model of process and effects," Academy of Management Review (16:1), pp. 121-144. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1991.4279000
- Pierce, J. L., T. Kostova and K. T. Dirks. 2002. "The State of psychological ownership: Integrating and extending a century of research," Review of General Psychology (7:1), pp. 84-107. https://doi.org/10.1037/1089-2622.214.171.124
- Russell W. B. 1988. "Possessions and the Extended Self," Journal of consumer research (15:2), pp.139-168 https://doi.org/10.1086/209154
- Saetang, S. and Theodoulidis, B. 2011. "Knowledge Management Case Study: 'Knowledge Ownership' in the Private and Public Sectors in Thailand," Available at SSRN 1910905
- Styhre, A. 2002. "The Knowledge-intensive Company and the Economy of Sharing: Rethinking Utility and Knowledge Management," Knowledge and Process Management (9:4), pp. 228-236. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.155
- Taylor, S. and P. A. Todd. 1995. "Understanding Information Technology Usage: A Test of Competing Models," Information Systems Research (6:2), pp.144-176. https://doi.org/10.1287/isre.6.2.144
- Thibaut, J. W., and H. H. Kelly. 1959. "The Social Psychology of Group,"
- Thorn, B. K., and T. Connolly. 1987. "Discretionary Data Bases. A Theory and some Experimental Findings," Communication Research (14:5), pp.512-528. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365087014005004
- Uzzi, B. 1997. "Social structure and competition in interfirm networks: The paradox of embeddeddness," Administrative Science Quarterly (42), pp.35-67. https://doi.org/10.2307/2393808
- Van den Hooff, B. and F. D. L. Van Weenen. 2004. "Commitment and CMC Use as A ntecedents of K nowledge Sharing," Knowledge and Process Management (11:1), pp. 13-24. https://doi.org/10.1002/kpm.187
- Van Dyne, L., and J. L. Pierce. 2004. "psychological ownership and feelings of possession: three field studies predicting, employee attitudes and organizational citizenship behavior," Journal of Organizational Behavior (25), pp. 439-459. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.249
- Wasko, M. M. and S. Faraj 2005. "Why should Is hare? Examining social capital and knowledge contribution in electronic networks of practice," MIS Quarterly (29:1), pp. 35-58. https://doi.org/10.2307/25148667
- Wu, J. BB., P. W. Hom, L. E. Tetrick, L. M. Shore, L. Jia, C. Li, and L. J. Song. 2006. "The Norm of Reciprocity: Scale Development and Validation in the Chinese Context," Management and Organization Review (2:3), pp. 377-402. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1740-8784.2006.00047.x