- Volume 23 Issue 5
DOI QR Code
Vibration analysis of functionally graded nanocomposite plate moving in two directions
- Arani, Ali Ghorbanpour (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, University of Kashan) ;
- Haghparast, Elham (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, University of Kashan) ;
- Zarei, Hassan BabaAkbar (Faculty of Mechanical Engineering, Institute of Nanoscience & Nanotechnology, University of Kashan)
- Received : 2016.10.17
- Accepted : 2017.01.26
- Published : 2017.04.10
In the present study, vibration analysis of functionally graded carbon nanotube reinforced composite (FGCNTRC) plate moving in two directions is investigated. Various types of shear deformation theories are utilized to obtain more accurate and simplest theory. Single-walled carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) are selected as a reinforcement of composite face sheets inside Poly methyl methacrylate (PMMA) matrix. Moreover, different kinds of distributions of CNTs are considered. Based on extended rule of mixture, the structural properties of composite face sheets are considered. Motion equations are obtained by Hamilton's principle and solved analytically. Influences of various parameters such as moving speed in x and y directions, volume fraction and distribution of CNTs, orthotropic viscoelastic surrounding medium, thickness and aspect ratio of composite plate on the vibration characteristics of moving system are discussed in details. The results indicated that thenatural frequency or stability of FGCNTRC plate is strongly dependent on axially moving speed. Moreover, a better configuration of the nanotube embedded in plate can be used to increase the critical speed, as a result, the stability is improved. The results of this investigation can be used in design and manufacturing of marine vessels and aircrafts.
Supported by : University of Kashan
- An, C. and Su, J. (2014), "Dynamic analysis of axially moving orthotropic plates: Integral transforms solution", Appl. Math. Comput., 228, 489-507.
- Banichuk, N., Jeronen, J., Neittaanmaki, P. and Tuovinen, T. (2010), "On the instability of an axially moving elastic plate", Int. J. Solids Struct., 47(1), 91-99. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2009.09.020
- Banichuk, N., Jeronen, J., Kurki, M., Neittaanmaki, P., Saksa, T. and Tuovinen, T. (2011), "On the limit velocity and buckling phenomena of axially moving orthotropic membranes and plates", Int. J. Solids Struct., 48(13), 2015-2025. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijsolstr.2011.03.010
- Ghayesh, M.H., Amabili, M. and Païdoussis, M.P. (2013), "Nonlinear dynamics of axially moving plates", J. Sound Vib., 332(2), 391-406. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2012.08.013
- Ghorbanpour Arani, A. and Haghparast, E. (2016), "Sizedependent vibration of axially moving viscoelastic microplates based on sinusoidal shear deformation theory", Int. J. Appl. Mech.
- Ghorbanpour Arani, A., Haghparast, E. and Baba Akbar Zarei, H. (2016), "Vibration of axially moving 3-phase CNTFPC plate resting on orthotropic foundation", Struct. Eng. Mech., Int. J., 57(1), 105-126. https://doi.org/10.12989/sem.2016.57.1.105
- Gibson, R.F. (1994), Principles of Composite Material Mechanics, McGraw-Hill, Inc, New York, USA.
- Hatami, S., Azhari, M. and Saadatpour, M.M. (2007), "Free vibration of moving laminated composite plates", Compos. Struct., 80(4), 609-620. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2006.07.009
- Hatami, S., Ronagh, H.R. and Azhari, M. (2008), "Exact free vibration analysis of axially moving viscoelastic plates", Comput. Struct., 86(17), 1738-1746. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruc.2008.02.002
- Kim, J., Cho, J., Lee, U. and Park, S. (2003), "Modal spectral element formulation for axially moving plates subjected to inplane axial tension", Comput. Struct., 81(20), 2011-2020. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(03)00229-3
- Lin, C.C. (1997), "Stability and vibration characteristics of axially moving plates", Int. J. Solids Struct., 34(24), 3179-3190. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0020-7683(96)00181-3
- Marynowski, K. (2010), "Free vibration analysis of the axially moving Levy-type viscoelastic plate", Eur. J. Mech. A Solids, 29(5), 879-886. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.euromechsol.2010.03.010
- Marynowski, K. and Grabski, J. (2013), "Dynamic analysis of an axially moving plate subjected to thermal loading", Mech. Res. Commun., 51, 67-71. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.mechrescom.2013.05.004
- Mohammadimehr, M., Rousta Navi, B. and Ghorbanpour Arani, A. (2015), "Free vibration of viscoelastic double-bonded polymeric nanocomposite plates reinforced by FG-SWCNTs using MSGT, sinusoidal shear deformation theory and meshless method", Compos. Struct., 131, 654-671. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2015.05.077
- Tang, Y.Q. and Chen, L.Q. (2011), "Nonlinear free transverse vibrations of in-plane moving plates: Without and with internal resonances", J. Sound Vib., 330(1), 110-126. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2010.07.005
- Tang, Y.Q. and Chen, L.Q. (2012), "Primary resonance in forced vibrations of in-plane translating viscoelastic plates with 3:1 internal resonance", Nonlinear Dyn., 69(1), 159-172. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-011-0253-6
- Wang, X. (1999), "Numerical analysis of moving orthotropic thin plates", Comput. Struct., 70(4), 467-486. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0045-7949(98)00161-8
- Wang, Z.X. and Shen, H.S. (2012), "Nonlinear vibration and bending of sandwich plates with nanotube-reinforced composite face sheets", Composites Part B, 43(2), 411-421. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compositesb.2011.04.040
- Wang, C.M., Reddy, J.N. and Lee, K.H. (2000), Shear Deformable Beams and Plates, Elsevier.
- Yang, T. and Fang, B. (2013), "Asymptotic analysis of an axially viscoelastic string constituted by a fractional differentiation law", Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., 49, 170-174. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2012.10.001
- Yang, T., Fang, B., Chen, Y. and Zhen, Y. (2009), "Approximate solutions of axially moving viscoelastic beams subject to multifrequency excitations", Int. J. Non-Linear Mech., 44(2), 230-238 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijnonlinmec.2008.11.013
- Yang, X.D., Chen, L.Q. and Zu, J.W. (2011), "Vibrations and stability of an axially moving rectangular composite plate", J. Appl. Mech., 78(1), 11018-11028. https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4002002
- Yang, X.D., Zhang, W., Chen, L.Q. and Yao, M.H. (2012), "Dynamical analysis of axially moving plate by finite difference method", Nonlinear Dyn., 67(2), 997-1006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11071-011-0042-2
- Yang, T., Fang, B., Yang, X.D. and Li, Y. (2013), "Closed-form approximate solution for natural frequency of axially moving beams", Int. J. Mech. Sci., 74, 154-160. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijmecsci.2013.05.010
- Zho, Y. and Wang, Z. (2008), "Vibrations of axially moving viscoelastic plate with parabolically varying thickness", J. Sound Vib., 316(1), 198-210. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jsv.2008.02.040
- Zhu, P., Lei, Z.X. and Liew, K.M. (2012), "Static and free vibration analyses of carbon nanotube-reinforced compo-site plates using finite element method with first order shear deformation plate theory", Compos. Struct., 94(4), 1450-1460. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.compstruct.2011.11.010
- Nonlinear free and forced vibration analysis of FG-CNTRC annular sector plates pp.02728397, 2018, https://doi.org/10.1002/pc.24998
- Vibration analysis of functionally graded rectangular plates partially resting on elastic supports using the first-order shear deformation theory and differential quadrature element method vol.41, pp.2, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1007/s40430-019-1600-7