- Volume 18 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Development of Patient Effective Dose Calculation Program of Nuclear Medicine Examination
핵의학검사의 환자 유효선량 계산 프로그램 제작에 관한 연구
- Seon, Jong-Ryul (Dept. of Radiology, Daejeon Health Institute of Technology) ;
- Gil, Jong-Won (Dept. of Radiology, Daejeon Sun Medical Center)
- Received : 2016.11.07
- Accepted : 2017.03.10
- Published : 2017.03.31
The aim of this study was to develop and distribute a dedicated program that can easily calculate the effective dose of a patient undergoing nuclear medicine examinations, and assist in the study of dose of nuclear medicine examinations and information disclosure. The program produced a database of the effective dose per unit activity administered (mSv/MBq) of the radiopharmaceuticals listed in ICRP 80, 106 Report and the fourth addendum, was designed through Microsoft Visual Basic (In Excel) to take the effect of 5 different (Area, Clark, Solomon(=Fried), Webster, Young) of pediatric dose calculation methods and 7 different body surface area calculation methods. The program calculates the effective dose (mSv) when the age, radionuclide, substance, and amount injected in the human body is inputted. In pediatric cases, when the age is entered, the pediatric method is activated and the pediatric method to be applied can be selected. When the BSA (Body Surface Area) formula is selected in the pediatric calculation method, a selection window for selecting the body surface area calculation method is activated. When the adult dose is input, the infant dose and the effective dose (mSv) are calculated automatically. The patient effective dose calculation program of the nuclear medicine examinations produced in this study is meaningful as a tool for calculating the internal exposure dose of the human body that is most likely to be obtained in nuclear medicine examinations, even though it is not the actual measurement dose. In the future, to increase the utilization of the program, it will be produced as an application that can be used in mobile devices, so that the public can access it easily.
Supported by : 대전보건대학교
- June-Key Chung, Myung-Chul Lee, "Nuclear Medicine", Korea Medical Book publisher, 2008.
- Gha-Jung Kim, Seok-Hwan Bae, Ki-Jin Kim, Hye-kyong Oh, "Effect of Gamma Energy of Positron Emission Radionuclide on X-Ray CT Image", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 12, No .10, pp. 4418-4424, 2011. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4418 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2011.12.10.4418
- Korean Association for Radiation Application. "Internal Exposure Dose Assessment System Based on WEB Development", Korea Institute of Nuclear Safety, No : KINS/HR-1091, 2011.
- Jin-Lee, Dong-Soo Lee, Seung-Ae Shin, Jae-Min Jeong, June-Key Chung, Myung-Chul Lee, "Dosimetry and Medical Internal Radiation Dose of Re-188-DTPA for Endovascular Balloon Brachytherapy Against Restenosis after Coronary Angioplasty." Korean Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 33, no. 2, pp. 163-171, 1999.
- Stabin, Michael G, "MIRDOSE: Personal Computer Software for Internal Dose Assessment in Nuclear Medicine", Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 37, no. 3, pp. 538-546, 1996.
- Jeifry A. Siegel, Stephen R. Thomas, James B. Stubbs, Michael G. Stabin, Marguerite T. Hays, Kenneth F. Koral, James S. Robertson, Roger W. Howell, Barry W. Wessels, Darrell R. Fisher, David A. Weber and A. Bertrand Brill, "MIRD pamphlet no. 16: techniques for quantitative radiopharmaceutical biodistribution data acquisition and analysis for use in human radiation dose estimates", The Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 40, no. 2 pp. 37S-61S, 1999.
- Il-han Lim, "Image-based dosimetry of radionuclide therapy", Journal of Korean Thyroid Association, vol. 6, no. 1, pp. 26-33, 2013. DOI : https://doi.org/10.11106/jkta.2013.6.1.26 https://doi.org/10.11106/jkta.2013.6.1.26
- United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation, "Sources and effects of ionizing radiation vol. I Sources", UNSCEAR 2008 Report, 2010.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Radiation Dose to Patients from Radiopharmaceuticals (Addendum to ICRP Publication 53)", ICRP Publication 80. Ann, 1998.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Radiation Dose to Patients from Radiopharmaceuticals - Addendum 3 to ICRP Publication 53", ICRP Publication 106. Ann, 2008.
- Yong-Ho Do, Gye-Hwan Kim, Hong-Jae Lee, Jin-Eui Kim, Hyun-Joo Kim, "A Research of Standards for Radiopharmaceutical Doses in Pediatric Nuclear Medicine", The Korean Journal of Nuclear Medicine Technology, vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 47-50, 2009.
- Michael J. Gelfand, Marguerite T. Parisi, and S. Ted Treves, "Pediatric Radiopharmaceutical Administered Doses:2010 North American Consensus Guidelines", Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 318-322, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.110.084327 https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.110.084327
- Accorsi, Roberto, Joel S. Karp, and Suleman Surti. "Improved dose regimen in pediatric PET" Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 293-300, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.109.066332 https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.109.066332
- Veitch, Tonya A. "Pediatric nuclear medicine, Part II: Common procedures and considerations" Journal of nuclear medicine technology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 69-75, 2000.
- Woo-Ran Kim, Choon-Sik Lee, Jai-Ki Lee,"Assessment of Effective Dose from Diagnostic X-ray Examinations of Adult", Journal of Radiation Protection, vol. 27, no. 3, pp. 155-164, 2002.
- Jeong-Wan Kwon, Je-Ho Jeong, Ki-Won Jang, Jai-Ki Lee,"Medical Exposure of Korean by Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine Examinations", Journal of Radiation Protection and Research, vol. 30, No .4, pp. 185-196, 2005.
- Yoo-Hyun Kim, Jong-Hak Choi, Sung-Soo Kim. "Patient exposure doses from medical x-ray examinations in korea" Korean society of radiological science, vol. 28, no. 3, 2005.
- Seung-Y Lee, Hyun-S Lim, Jun-ho Lee, Hyung-S Kim, "Evaluation of diagnostic medical exposure in Republic of Korea." Radiation protection dosimetry, ncv349, pp. 1-8, 2015.
- Jong-Won Gil,"Estimated Effective Dose from Diagnostic Medical Radiation in Korean and Factors that Affect the High-Level Dose", Chungbuk National University, Doctor's Degree Thesis, 2015.
- Chang-Seon Lim, Se-Heon Kim,"A Study on the Radiation Dose Managements in the Nuclear Medicine Department", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 10, No .7, pp. 1760-1765, 2009. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.7.1760 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2009.10.7.1760
- Bo-Sun Kang, Chang-Seon Lim,"A study on the environmental radiation dose measurement in the nuclear medicine department", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 11, no. 6, pp. 2118-2123, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2118 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2010.11.6.2118
- Seok-Gun Park,"Suggestion of A Practical Simple Calculation Method for Safe Transportation Time after Radioactive Iodine Treatment in Patients with Thyroid Cancer", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, vol. 16, no. 6, pp. 3919-3925, 2015. DOI: https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.3919 https://doi.org/10.5762/KAIS.2015.16.6.3919
- Do-hyung Lee, Yun-jung Ji, Su-ji Kim, Se-bin Park, Yeong-hak Joe, Yong-gwon Kim, Seok-hwan Bae, "Evaluation of a shielding Apron using Radioactive isotope", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Academic Conference, no. 2, pp. 661-663, 2015.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Radiation Dose to Patients from Radiopharmaceuticals(A forth addendum to ICRP Publication 53)", ICRP Publication, 2014.
- Veitch, Tonya A,"Pediatric nuclear medicine, Part II: Common procedures and considerations" Journal of nuclear medicine technology, vol. 28, no. 2, pp. 69-75, 2000.
- Accorsi, Roberto, Joel S. Karp, Suleman Surti,"Improved dose regimen in pediatric PET" Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 51, no. 2, pp. 293-300, 2010. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.109.066332 https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.109.066332
- Gelfand, Michael J., Marguerite T. Parisi, S. Ted Treves,"Pediatric radiopharmaceutical administered doses: 2010 North American consensus guidelines" Journal of Nuclear Medicine, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 318-322, 2011. DOI: https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.110.084327 https://doi.org/10.2967/jnumed.110.084327
- Young-Mee Ahn,"Development of Equation for Body Surface Area Using Weight in Neonates", Journal of the Korean society of living environmental system, vol. 17, no. 1, pp. 62-70, 2010.
- In-Soo Hong,"Radiopharmaceuticals and Mechanisms Used in Nuclear Medicine Examinations", Radioisotope journal, vol. 18, no. 2, pp. 39-42, 2003.
- International Commission on Radiological Protection, "Age-dependent Doses to the Members of the Public from Intake of Radionuclides - Part 5 Compilation of Ingestion and Inhalation Coeffiicients", ICRP Publication 72. Ann, 1995.