- Volume 23 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Development of a Scrubber Wastewater Cleaning System to Improve Odor Removal Efficiency
악취저감 향상을 위한 스크러버 세정수 처리 시스템 개발연구
- Received : 2016.12.05
- Accepted : 2016.12.24
- Published : 2017.03.31
The scrubber wastewater should be replaced frequently to maintain efficiency. Most chemical companies consign scrubber wastewater, because there are no wastewater treatment facilities. So scrubber wastewater is not frequently replaced because of high treatment cost. For this reason, the most scrubber exhaust gas exceeds the odor emission limit or has a phenomenon that the odor intensity of exhaust gas becomes higher. Therefore we have developed a scrubber wastewater cleaning system consisting of filtration and adsorption processes. The scrubber wastewater cleaning system was applied two chemical companies. We evaluated the water quality and odor reduction effect before and after system application. As a result, scrubber wastewater quality improved by 50% or more, odor reduction efficiency of scrubber exhaust gas improved by 20% or more. And the total operating costs of the scrubber could be reduced by 40% or more.
Adsorption;Activated carbon;Filtration;Diatomite;Odor;Scrubber wastewater
- Kim, J. S., and Kim, M. C., Recent Air Pollution Control Technology., Shin Kwang Mun Hwa Publishing Co. Seoul, (2000).
- Han, S. D., Park, G. I., and Lee, Y. W., "The Evaluation of Effective Management Plan and Appropriate Replacement Cycle of Activated Carbon Beds and Wet Scrubber in Shiwha/ Banwal Industrial Complex," Spring Conference of the Korean Soc. Odor Res. Eng., 109-113 (2009).
- Korea Water Resources Corporation (Kwater), "Total Survey of Industries Emitted Air Pollution (Odor) in Sihwa-Banwol Industrial Complex in 2013," Report (2014).
- Keith, B., Precoat Filtration, Filtration & Separation, 37(3), 32-33 (2000).
- Rees, R. H., and Cain, C. W., "Let Diatomite Dnhance your Filtration," Chem. Eng., 97(8), 72-74 (1990).
- National Institute of Environmental Research, Study on Improvement of the Standard for Activated Carbon using in Drinking Water Treatment, 1-8 (2008).
- Ministry of Environment (ME), Development of Concentrate Continuous Withdrawal Filtration System using Flexible Fiber Filter Module and Advanced Technology for Treating Wastewater Applying CoCo, 111-112 (2004).
- Ministry of Environment(ME), A Study on the Improvent of Odor Sources Management, 181 (2001).
- Ko, B. C., Park, Y. H., Kim, D. I., Lee, M. H., and Kam, S. K., "Odor Removal Characteristics of Biofilters in Domestic Sewage Treatment Facilities Analyzing Composite Odor and Odor Quotient," J. Environ. Sci., 22(1), 109-117 (2013).
- Environmental Engineers' Handbook, CRC Net BASE, 8.1-8.7, CRC Pres LLC (1999).
- Choi, I. W., Kim, J. H., Im, J. K., Park, T. J., Kim, S. Y., Son, D. H., Huh, I. A., Rhew, D. H., and Yu, S. J., "Application of TOC standards for Managing Refractory Organic Compounds in Industrial Wastewater," J. Korean Soc. Water Environ., 31(1), 29-34 (2015). https://doi.org/10.15681/KSWE.2015.31.1.29
- Frank, N. Kemmer, The NALCO Water Handbook Second Edition, Nalco Chmical Company (1988).
Supported by : 시흥녹색환경지원센터