- Volume 45 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
A Study on Operational Status of the Six Sigma Action in Manufacturing Industry
제조부문의 6시그마 활동 운영 실태에 관한 연구
- Received : 2017.02.16
- Accepted : 2017.03.24
- Published : 2017.03.31
Purpose: Most enterprises adopt six sigma acts to maximize the business performance with raising the executiveness for the project improvements in each parts. But there are little studies about six sigma actual operations in manufacturing whether the six sigma improvements that have injected a lot of budget, efforts, labours and time are run properly. Methods: This study select 31 interviewees who have MBB or BB from 5 large enterprises running six sigma over 10 years and 5 SMEs running six sigma over 5 years to understand and review the operational status of six sigma actions in manufacturing industry and to secure representativeness. This study identify the operational status of six sigma actions and key factors enhancing or impeding execution of six sigma projects through face-to-face interviews and online surveys by e-mail. Results: This study figured out the operational status of six sigma actions and key factors enhancing or impeding execution of six sigma projects. We used SPSS 16.0 for the reliability and the validity of survey data. Conclusion: There can be a lot of different factors that affect six sigma project improvements besides the key factors from this study. More study need to think of the organization characteristics and the basic conditions and to remedy the unreasonable points and defects rather than following foreign companies and enterprises.
- Dong-Ho Lee. 2010. "A Study on the Six Sigma's Tools Application and Improvement Direction of Six Sigma on Quality Circle." Master's Thesis, Department of Quality Management, Graduate School of Construction Industry, Kyonggi University.
- Dong-Sul Shin, Young-Jin Ahn. 2003. "An empirical study on the major factors of implementing six sigma successfully through black belts." Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management 31(4):81-94.
- Han-Joo Yoo, Gwang-Suk Song. 2006. "A Study on Evaluation of Service Quality in Retail Industry using the 6 sigma." Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management 34(4):110-124.
- Je-Ok Mun. 2012. "A Study on Executability Enhancement of the Six Sigma Projects in Public Sectors." PhD Thesis, Department of Industrial Engineering, Graduate School, Ajou University.
- Je-Ok Mun, Sung-Hak Jin. 2009. "Six Sigma Hand Book - The Problem Solving Process and Instructions for Tools." POD World.
- Je-Ok Mun, Joong-Soon Jang. 2010. "The Six Sigma DMAIC Implementation Procedure Instances for Field Workers." Journal of the Korean Institute of Plant Engineering 15(3):51-60.
- Je-Ok Mun, Sung-Pil Yoon. 2016. "Literature Review of Key Success Factors of Management Innovation Actions in Domestic - Focused on Six Sigma, TQM, Lean Six Sigma, ERP, TPM, BPR, Project Management, System Engineering." Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management 44(3):639-648. https://doi.org/10.7469/JKSQM.2016.44.3.639
- Ji-Hyun Cho, Joong-Soon Jang. 2006. "Selection of Six Sigma Key Ingredients." Journal of the Korean Society for Quality Management 34(4):22-32.
- Joung-Hoe Yang, et al. 2004. "A Study on the 6Sigma Tools Application of the Manufacturing." Journal of Industrial Management System 27(1,):9-14.