- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Establishment of Analytical Method for Pencycuron in Representative Agricultural Commodities by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
대표 농산물 중 살균제 Pencycuron의 HPLC 정밀 잔류분석법 개발
- Lee, Hyeri (Geum River Environment Research Center, National Institute of Environmental Research) ;
- Choi, Hoon (Department of Bio-Environmental Chemistry, Wonkwang University) ;
- Kim, Byung-Joon (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Eunhye (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Kim, Su-Hee (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Jin-Beom (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University) ;
- Lee, Young Deuk (Division of Life and Environmental Science, Daegu University) ;
- Kim, Jeong-Han (Department of Agricultural Biotechnology, Seoul National University)
- 이혜리 (국립환경과학원 금강물환경연구소) ;
- 최훈 (원광대학교 생물환경화학과) ;
- 김병준 (서울대학교 농생명공학부) ;
- 김은혜 (서울대학교 농생명공학부) ;
- 김수희 (서울대학교 농생명공학부) ;
- 이진범 (서울대학교 농생명공학부) ;
- 이영득 (대구대학교 생명환경학부) ;
- 김정한 (서울대학교 농생명공학부)
- Received : 2017.03.07
- Accepted : 2017.03.21
- Published : 2017.03.31
The single residue analytical method was developed for determining fungicide pencycuron residues in various agricultural commodities with high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). Pencycuron residue was extracted with acetone from representative crops such as Korean cabbage, apple, brown rice and green pepper. After ethyl acetate/n-hexane partition and subsequent clean-up with silica gel chromatography, pencycuron residue was quantified by reversed phase HPLC with UV detection at 240 nm. The suspected residue of pencycuron was confirmed using selected-ion monitoring (SIM) LC/mass spectrometry (MS). Instrumental limit of quantitation (ILOQ) and method LOQ (MLOQ) were set at 2 ng and 0.02 mg/kg, respectively. Overall recoveries of pencycuron from different crop samples fortified at three levels (MLOQ, 10MLOQ, 100MLOQ) were 72~108%. This proposed method could be useful as official analytical method for quantification of pencycuron residues in agricultural commodities.
Supported by : 식품의약품안전처
- Choi, J. C., Y. J. Lee, S. H. Kim, S. Y. Choi, H. J. Choi, S. W. Jeong, H. J. Park and W. S. Kim (2005) Multiresidue analytical method of pesticides in rice by HPLC. J. Environ. Sci. 14(4):445-449.
- Fong, W. G, H. A. Moye, J. N. Seiber and J. P. Toth (1999) Pesticide Residues in food: Methods, Technologies, and Regulations. Wiley Interscience. Canada, pp. 3-4, 40-44.
- KCPA (Korea Crop Protection Association) (2016) Guideline Crop Protection Agents. Korea Crop Protection Association, Seoul, Korea, pp. 320-322, 1270, 1291.
- Kwon, C. H., Y. D. Lee and M. H. Im (2011) Simultaneous determination of orysastrobin and its isomers in rice using HPLC-UV and LC-MS/MS. J. Agri. Food Chem. 59: 10826-10830. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf202228p
- Lee, H., M. Riu, H. Park, Y. Na, H. Song, Y. S. Keum, Y. Zhu and J. H. Kim (2009) Establishment of analytical method for fenhexamid residue in korean cabbage, apple, mandarin and green pepper. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 13(4):223-231.
- Lee, Y. D., J. H. Oh and S. W. Jang (2011) High-performance liquid chromatographic determination of phenothrin and silafuofen residues in crops with mass spectrometric confirmation. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 15(4):389-400.
- Lee, H., H. Choi, E. Kim, Y. D. Lee and J. H. Kim (2015) Establishment of analytical method for carpropamid in agricultural commodities using HPLC-DAD/MS. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 19(3):185-194. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2015.19.3.185
- MFDS (Ministry of Food and Drug Safety) (2013) Practical manual for analysis of pesticide residue in food (4th). Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Cheongju, Korea, pp. 70-71.
- MFDS (Ministry of Food and Drug Safety) (2016a) Food code. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Cheongju, Korea, pp. 360-362.
- MFDS (Ministry of Food and Drug Safety) (2016b) Attached table 3, Pesticides MRLs in Food. In: Food Code. Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, Cheongju, Korea, pp. 69-70.
- Miller, J. M. (2005) Chromatography : concepts and contrasts (2nd), Wiley Intersciense, USA, pp. 286-287.
- Rolle, S. D. and Cormis, L (1989) High-performance liquid chromatography for the determination of pencycuron residues in several vegetables. J. Agric. Food Chem. 37:975-978. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf00088a033
- Rood, D. (2007) The Troubleshooting and Maintenance Guide for Gas Chromatographyers. Wiley-VCH, USA, pp. 16-17, 22.
- Turner, J. A (2015) The Pesticide Manual (17th). British Crop Protection Council, Hampshire, UK, pp. 847-848.