- Volume 21 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Survey of Planting System and Pesticide Spray Method on Apple Orchards in Korea
국내 사과원의 재배형태 및 농약 살포방법 조사
- Kwon, Hyeyoung (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Hong, Su-Myeong (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Sang-Su (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Paik, Min Kyoung (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Lee, Hyo Sub (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Kim, Dan-Bi (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration) ;
- Moon, Byeong-Chul (Department of Agro-food Safety and Crop Protection, National Institute of Agricultural Sciences, Rural Development Administration)
- 권혜영 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 홍수명 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 김상수 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 백민경 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 이효섭 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 김단비 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부) ;
- 문병철 (농촌진흥청 국립농업과학원 농산물안전성부)
- Received : 2016.11.07
- Accepted : 2017.02.13
- Published : 2017.03.31
A survey was conducted to research on planting system and pesticide spray methods including spray volume, sprayer types, and spray nozzles used in apple orchards. The survey was deployed to 395 farmers in 17 cities and towns including 7 regions which are major producers of apple via interview. Major apple varieties were Fuji (79.2%) and Hongro (50.9%) and high density planting system was mainly used in apple orchards (distance between rows: 4.0-4.5 m (73.1%); planting distance: 1.5-3.5 m (88.6%); canopy height: 3.0-4.5 m (88.2%)). The percentages of sprayer types were 77.6% and 22.1% for speed sprayer (airblast sprayer) and power sprayer, respectively. Spray volumes per 10a were 250-300 L in April, the month of spraying the lowest volume, and 300-400 L in June-August, the months of spraying the highest volume. Significant difference in spray volumes were not observed between conventional planting and high density planting, but regional spray volume showed significant difference. The main nozzles used by apple farmers using power sprayers were super jet nozzle (45%), super wide nozzle (26%), and 2-3 vertical head nozzle (25%). The results will helpful to establish practical agrochemicals management policy including suggestion of pesticide spray volume and evaluation of pesticide residue data and efficacy data.
Supported by : 국립농업과학원
- Costa, G., E. Beltrame, P. Eccher, and A. Pianezzola (1997) High density planted apple orchards: Effects on yield, performance and fruit quality. Acta Hort.. 451:505-511
- Craig, I. P., A. Hewitt and H. Terry (2014) Rotary atomiser design requirements for optimum pesticide application efficiency, Crop Protection 66:34-39. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2014.08.012
- Eccher, T. and G. Granelli (2006) Fruit quality and yield of different apple cultivars as affected by tree density. Acta Hort. 712:535-540.
- Extension Service Bureau RDA (2012) Topfruit production manual of high quality apple, Rural Development Administration, Republic of Korea.
- FrieBleben, R., H. J. RoBlenbroich and A. Elbert (2007) Dose expression in plant protection product field testing in high crops: need for harmonization. Pflanzenschutz nachrichten-Bayer-English edition 60(1):85-96.
- Ha, H. Y., D. S. Ra, W. C. Shin, G. J. Im and J. E. Park (2012) Survey of Pesticide use in Fruit Vegetables, Fruits, and Rice Cultivation Areas in Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 16:395-400. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2012.16.4.395
- Ihm, Y. B., K. S. Kim, K. S. Kyung, N. S. Kim, H. Y. Ha, H. D. Lee, K. S. Oh, J. W. Kim and G. H. Rye (2003) Survey of pesticide usage on fruits in Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 7(4):258-263.
- Jang, I, H. M. Kim, S. W. Lee, K. H. Choi and S. J. Suh (2015) Analysis of Pesticide Applications on Apple Orchards in Geochang. Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 19:93-100. https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2015.19.2.93
- Jeong, H. W., J. Y. Lee, Y. S. Choi, S. M. Lee, J. K. Park and H. H. Han (2014) Establishment of tree formating management for apple varieties. Korea National College of Agriculture and Fisheries. Republic of Korea.
- Jensen, P. K., L. N. Jorgensen and E. Kirknel (2001) Biological efficacy of herbicides and fungicides applied with low-drift and twin-fluid nozzles. Crop Protection 20:57-64. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-2194(00)00055-7
- Kang, H. S., D. S. Park, Y. K. Hwang and S. M Kim (2007) Survey on pesticide use by Ginseng growers at Gangwon farmland in Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 11(3):210-215.
- Kim, K. S., K. H. Kim, N. S. Kim, Y. B. Ihm, H. D. Lee, H. G. Kim, O. J. You, B. Y. Oh, G. J. Im and G. H. Rye (2006) Survey on compliance of pesicide registration standard and pesticide usage of paddy rice and leaf vegetables in Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 10(3):183-188.
- Kim, S. M., H. J. Choi, H. Y. Kim, D. Y. Lee, T. H. Kim and M. S. Ahn (2002) Survey on peticie use by Chinese cabbage growers in Gangwon alpine farmland. The Korean Journal of Pesticide Science, 42(1):85-89.
- Korea Crop Protection Association (2015) Agrochemicals Use Guide Book, Korea Crop Protection Association; Samjeong; Seoul, Korea.
- Korean Statistical Information Service (2014) Crop production survey. http://kosis.kr/statisticsList/statisticsList_01List.jsp?vwcd=MT_ZTITLE&parentId=F. Accessed 15 January 2014.
- Kwon, O. K., S. M. Hong, D. S. Choi, C. W. Park, B. H. Song, G. H. Rye and B. Y. Oh (2001) Survey on pesticide usage in fruit crops for the development of pesticide use indicator. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 5(4):40-44.
- Lee, M. G., J. M. Hwang and S. R. Lee (2005) The usage status of pesticides for vegetables under greenhouse cultivation in the southern area of Korea. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 9(4):391-400.
- Lee, S. W., D. H. Lee, K. H. Choi and D. A. Kim (2007) A report on current management of major apple pests based on census data from farmers. Korean J. Hortic. Sci. 25(3):196-203.
- Meyer, G. (1997) Die Wahl der Pflanzendichte unter Berucksichtigunganbautechnischer Kriterien. Mitteilungen des Obstbauversuchsringges des Alten Landes 52:203-214.
- Oh, K. S., Y. B. Ihm, H. K. Oh, B. M. Lee, K. S. Kyung, N. S. Kim, B. Y. Kim, J. W. Kim and G. H. Rye (2003) Survey on pesticide usage for the development of pesticide use indicator in fruit vegetables. Korean J. Pestic. Sci. 7(1):66-73.
- Poulsen, M. E., M. Wenneker, J. Withagen and H. B. Christensen (2012) Pesticide residues in individual versus composite samples of apples after fine or coarse spray quality application. Crop Protection 35:5-14. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2011.12.013
- Rural Development Administration (2013) Apple cultivation (Agricultural Technical Guide), Rural Development Administration, Republic of Korea.
- Ruegg, J., W. Siegfried, U. Raisig, O. Viret, R. Steffek, H. Reisenzein and U. Persen (2001) Registration of plant protection products in EPPO countries: current status and possible approaches to harmonization. EPPO Bulletin 31(2):143-152. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2338.2001.tb00983.x
- United States Environmental Protection Agency (2015) Pesticide Product Label System. http://ofmpub.epa.gov/apex/pesticides/f?p=PPLS:1. Accessed 3 September 2015.
- Wertheim, S. J. (2005) Planting system and tree shape, In Fundamentals of temperate zone tree fruit production; Tromp, J., A. D. Webster and S. J. Wertheim; Backhuys: Leiden, Netherlands, pp. 190-203.
- Yoon, T. M. (2004) Development of high density apple growing in Europe and Korea. In Proceedings of the symposium on 380 Kor. J. Hort. Sci. Technol. 28(3), June 2010 recent high density apple growing techniques and prospects. National Horticultural Research Institute, p. 79-97.
- ZEN-NOH Fertilizers & Pesticides Dept. (2015) Union pesticide overview, National Rural Education Association, Japan.
- Zhao, H., C. Xie, F. Liu, X. He, J. Zhang and J. Song (2014) Effects of sprayers and nozzles on spray drift and terminal residues of imidacloprid on wheat. Crop Protection 60:78-82. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.cropro.2014.02.009
- Study of Water Volume Standard for Pesticide Application with LWA (Leaf Wall Area) Model in Apple Orchard vol.21, pp.2, 2017, https://doi.org/10.7585/kjps.2017.21.2.114