- Volume 16 Issue 1
In this paper, we consider a typical health care system via the help of Wireless Sensor Network (WSN) for wireless patient tracking. The wireless patient tracking module of this system performs localization out of samples of Received Signal Strength (RSS) variations and tracking through a Particle Filter (PF) for WSN assisted by multiple transmit-power information. We propose a modified PF, Kullback-Leibler Distance (KLD)-resampling PF, to ameliorate the effect of RSS variations by generating a sample set near the high-likelihood region for improving the wireless patient tracking. The key idea of this method is to approximate a discrete distribution with an upper bound error on the KLD for reducing both location error and the number of particles used. To determine this bound error, an optimal algorithm is proposed based on the maximum gap error between the proposal and Sampling Important Resampling (SIR) algorithms. By setting up these values, a number of simulations using the health care system's data sets which contains the real RSSI measurements to evaluate the location error in term of various power levels and density nodes for all methods. Finally, we point out the effect of different power levels vs. different density nodes for the wireless patient tracking.
SIR;KLD-Resampling;RSS;Health Care Systems
- ANT, L. (2015), LAURA-Localization and Ubiquitous Monitoring of Patients for Health Care Support, vailable from: http://laura.como.polimi.it/.Accessed: Aug. 30.
- Arulampalam, M. S., Maskell, S., Gordon N., and Clapp, T. (2002), A tutorial on particle filters for online nonlinear/non-gaussian bayesian tracking, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, 50(2), 174-188. https://doi.org/10.1109/78.978374
- Barsocchi, P., Lenzi, S., Chessa, S., and Giunta, G. (2009), Virtual calibration for rssi-based indoor localization, with ieee 802.15.4, IEEE International Conference on Communications, 1-5.
- Evennou, F. and Marx, F. (2006), Advanced integration of wifi and inertial navigation systems for indoor mobile positioning, EURASIP Journal on Applied Signal Processing, 164-164.
- Farid, Z., Nordin, R., and Ismail, M. (2013), Recent advances in wireless indoor localization techniques and system, Journal of Computer Networks and Communications, 1-12.
- Fox, D. (2003), Adapting the sample size in particle filters through KLD-sampling, The International Journal of Robotics Research, 22(12), 985-1003. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364903022012001
- Hongliang, R. and Max, Q.-H. (2009), Power adaptive localization algorithm for wireless sensor networks using particle filter, IEEE Trans. Vehicular Technology, 58(5), 2498-2508. https://doi.org/10.1109/TVT.2008.2008189
- Johnson, N., Kotz, S., and Balakrishnan, N. (1994), Continuous Unvariate Distribution, John Wiley & Sons, New York Publisers.
- Ko, J., Gao, T., Rothman, R., and Terzis A. (2010), Wireless sensing systems in clinical environments: Improving the efficiency of the patient monitoring process, Engineering in Medicine and Biology Magazine, 29(2), 103-109. https://doi.org/10.1109/MEMB.2009.935713
- Li, T. (2015), Resampling methods for particle filtering: classification, implementation, and strategies, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 32(2), 70-86.
- Li, T., Sun, S., and Sattar, T. P. (2013), Adapting sample size in particle filters through KLD-resampling, Electronics Letters, 49(12), 1-2.
- Lim, H., Kung, L.-C., Hou, J. C., and Luo, H. (2010), Zero-configuration indoor localization over ieee 802.11 wireless infrastructure, Wireless Networks, 16(2), 405-420. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11276-008-0140-3
- Ly-Tu, N., Le-Tien, T., Tran-Hoang-Thi, Oanh., Huynh-Kha, Tu, and Mai, L. (2014), Performance of sampling/ resampling-based particle filters applied to non-linear problems, REV Journal on Electronics and Communications, 4(2-4), 75-84.
- Ly-Tu, N., Le-Tien, Thuong, and Mai, L. (2015), Kullback-leibler distance resampling based particle filter applied to health care system, in Proceedings on the 16th ASIA Pacific Industrial Engineering and Management Systems Conference, APIEMS, 301-307.
- Mann, W. (2004), The aging population and its needs, Pervasive Computing, 3(2), 12-14.
- Nguyen, T. D., Trinh, H. T., Nguyen, N. T., Nguyen, T. T., and Koichiro, W. (2013), A new evaluation of particle filter algorithm and apply it to the wireless sensor network, in International Conference on Computing Management and Telecommunicaions, 169-174.
- Patwari, N., Ash, J. N., Kyperountas, S., Hero, A. O., Moses, R. L., and Correal, N. S. (2005), Locating the nodes: Cooperative localization in wireless sensor networks, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, 22(4), 54-69. https://doi.org/10.1109/MSP.2005.1458287
- Redondi, A., Chirico, M., Borsani, L., Cesana, M., and Tagliasacchhi, M. (2013), An integrated system based on wireless sensor networks monitoring, location and tracking, Ad Hoc Networks, Elsevier, 11(1), 39-53. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.adhoc.2012.04.006
- Redondi, A., Tagliasacchi, M., Cesana, M., Borsani, L., Tarrio, P., and Salice, F. (2010), LAURA-Loca Alization and ubiquitous monitoring of pAtients for health care support, Symposium on Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications Workshops, 218-222.
- Ren, Y., Pazzi, R., and Boukerche, A. (2010), Monitoring patients via a secure and mobile health care system, Wireless Communications, 17(1), 59-65. https://doi.org/10.1109/MWC.2010.5416351
- Schon, T. B. (2010), Solving nonlinear state estimation problems using particle filters-an engineering perspective, Technical Report, Automatic Control at Linkopings Universitet.
- Relative Similarity Based Online Multiple In-stance Learning Algorithm in Object Track-ing vol.09, pp.02, 2019, https://doi.org/10.12677/CSA.2019.92044
Supported by : Vietnam National University HoChiMinh City (VNU-HCM)