- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Convergent Influence of Ego-Resilience, Psycho-Social Maturity on Stress Coping Styles of University Students
대학생의 자아탄력성, 심리사회적 성숙도가 스트레스 대처방식에 미치는 융복합적 영향
- Kim, Geum-sun (Dept. of Nursing, MunKyung College) ;
- Kim, Bo-Mi (Dept. of Nursing, Kyungbuk College)
- Received : 2017.01.26
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study is to identify the relationships among Ego-Resilience and Psycho-Social Maturity, Stress Coping Styles, and influencing factors on Stress Coping Styles of university students. Data were collected from 200 male university students in A city from June 1 to 30, 2016. Data were analyzed using descriptive statistics, t-test, ANOVA, Pearson's correlation coefficients, and stepwise multiple regression. Significant correlations were found among Ego-Resilience and Psycho-Social Maturity, Stress Coping Styles. Meaningful variables that influenced Stress Coping Styles were Ego-Resilience and Psycho-Social Maturity, grade, and the total explanation power was 38%. In conclusion, development of Stress Coping Styles program to decrease the stress of university students based on the convergent influencing factors is needed, and further development of scale for Stress Coping Styles for the university students in Korea based on the related factors is also needed.
Ego-Resilience;Psycho-Social Maturity;Stress Coping Styles;University Students;Convergent Influence
- D. H. Jang, "The effect of stress coping on life stress it's related anxiety and depression in university students", The Journal of Research in Education , Vol.3, No.33, pp. 221-244,
- Y. J. Jang, "The effects of adult attachments on University students' ego-identities and adaptations to the campus lives", master's thesis, Sookmyung Women's University, 2007.
- E. S. Kim, "The impact of strss on drinking behavior and drinking problemsbamong university students", master's thesis, Chunbuk University, 2002.
- O. S. Kim, "The Impacts on Elementary School Students' Satisfaction with School Life of Family strengths perceived by them and their Ego Resiliency", master's thesis, Kyunghee University, 2005.
- E. H. Lee, "Life stress and depressive symptoms among college students: Testing for moderating effects of coping style with structual equations", The Korea Journal of Health Psychology, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 25-52, 2004.
- A. J. Park, K. E. Lee, "Influence of Ego-resilience and Stress oping Styles on College Adaptation n Nursing Students", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing Administration, Vol.17, No.3, pp. 267-276, 2011. https://doi.org/10.11111/jkana.2011.17.3.267
- H, J, Park, "Perceived stress, coping process and depression to ego-resilience".master's thesis, Korea University of Korea, 1996.
- Folkman, S., & Lazarus, R. "If it changes it must be aprocess: study of emotion and coping during three stages of a college examination", Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, Vol.47, pp.150-170, 1985.
- Wong, D. F. K., Leung, S. S. K., & So, C. K, "Differential impacts of coping strategies on then mental health of chinese nurses in hospitals in Hong Kong", International Journal of Nursing Practice, Vol.7, No. 3, pp.188-198, 2011.
- Munakata, T, Behavioral science in health and illness. Tokyo: Mejikarufurendosha, 1996.
- Y. K. Joo, "A Study on I-Consciousness-We-Consciousness-Relationships between I-Consciousness- We-Consciousness and Individuality-Relatedness, Psychosocial Maturity, and Interpersonal Problems", The Korean Journal of Counseling and Psychotherapy, Vol. 15, No. 1, pp. 91-109, 2003
- Eastwood Atwater. "Psychology of adjustment", Korea Counseling center, 1982.
- J. H. Yeo, M. Y. Hyun, E. J. Lee, E. O. Park, J. H. Kim & H. J. Song "Psychosocial Maturity, Depression and Self-esteemin Undergraduate Students", .J Korean Acad Psych Mental Health Nurs Vol.14 No.1, pp. 73-81, 2005.
- K. H. Moon. "The Effect of Participating in University Sports Clubs on a Student's Stress Management and Adjustment to University Life", master's thesis Chung-Ang University, 2014.
- G. M. Jang, "The relations of ego-resiliency, stress coping style, and psychological growth environment", Korean Journal of Youth Studies Vol.10, No.4, pp. 43-161. 2003.
- Faul F, Erdfelder E, Buchner A, Lang AG., "Statistical power analyses using G*Power 3.1: tests for correlation and regression analyses", Behavior Research Methods, Vol.41, No.4, pp.1149-1160, 2009. https://doi.org/10.3758/BRM.41.4.1149
- Block, J, Kremen, A. M. "IQ and ego-resiliency: Conceptual and connections separateness", Journal of Personality and Social psychology, Vol.70, pp.349-361, 1996. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35220.127.116.119
- S. K. Yoo, H. W, Shin, "Psychological Protective Factors in Resilient Adolescents in Korea", The Korean Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.16 No.4, pp.189-206, 2002.
- K. Y. Noh, "Development and validation of psychosocial maturity inventory for Korean adults", doctoral dissertation, Catholic, 2003.
- Lazarus R. S, Folkman, S. "Stress, appraisal, and coping. New York : Springer. (1984).
- J. Y. Park, "study on the relationship among character type A & B ego-identity and stress coping" master's thesis Sook myung Women's University, 1995.
- E. J. Jo, K. M. Lim, "Influence of Clinical practice stress and Communication skills on Ego-resilience of Nursing students", Journal of the Korea Academia-Industrial cooperation Society, Vol.17, No.6, pp.618-628, 2016.
- J. H. Wee. "A Study on Relationship between Psychosocial Maturity Variables and Sexual Attitude, the awareness on sexual harassment and assaults", master's thesis, Su Won University, 2014.
- J. S. Park, B. M. Kim, Y. E. Gwan. "Influence of Psycho-Social Maturity and Self-efficacy for Contraceptive on Sexual Assertiveness of Male University Students", The Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.14, No.9. pp.461-470. 2016
- M. G. Jang. "The relations of ego-resiliency, stress coping style, and psychological growth environment", Korean Journal of Youth Studies, Vol.10, No.4. pp.143-161, 2003.
- J. H. Wee. "A Study on Relationship between Psychosocial Maturity Variables and Sexual Attitude, the awareness on sexual harassment and assaults" master's thesis, Su Won University, 2014.
- K. W. Kang, "Vibration Fatigue Analysis of Spot Welded Component considering Change of Stiffness due to Fatigue Damage", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 1-8, 2014.
- C. S. Lee, J. H. Kim, S. H. Bang, "Relation of Eating Speed and Metabolic syndrome in Fire fighters", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2014. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2014.5.4.113