- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Moderating Effect of the Sports Activity Satisfaction in the relationship between Adolescents' Communication Skills and Positive Self-concept within Peer Group
청소년 또래집단 내 커뮤니케이션 능력과 긍정적 자아개념과의 관계에서 스포츠활동 만족도의 조절효과
- Received : 2017.01.26
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This research aims to verify the moderating effect of sports activity satisfaction in the relationship between adolescents' communication skills and positive self-concept within peer group. To achieve this purpose, this study extracted 250 samples from five boys high schools in Gyeonggi-do, and used survey of 232 students for actual analysis excluding the surveys with unfaithful answer or double entry. Questionnaire was used as a tool for collecting data and conducted frequency analysis, correlation analysis and moderator regression analysis to analyze the collected data. This study drew the following results. It was identified that sub-factors of sports activity satisfaction as social, physical, environmental and educational satisfaction have the moderating effect in the relationship between adolescents' communication skills and social self-concept with peer group. In other words, communication skills within adolescents' peer group play an important role in improving positive self-concept, but when sports activity satisfaction put as a moderating variable, adolescents' positive self-concept would be more improved.
- C. H. Lee, "The effects of positive self-concept on communication skills according to satisfaction with joining in a youth soccer club." Graduate school of Kyung Hee University, 2015.
- B. H. Spitzberg, W. R. Cupach, " Handbook of interpersonal competence." Human Communication Research, Vol. 10, pp. 575-599, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1468-2958.1984.tb00033.x
- S-Y. Kim, "The Effects of Abuse Experience, Conflict Resolution Strategies and Communicative Ability on the Quality of Peer Relationships." Graduate school of Myoungji University, 2010.
- H-S. Jang, "The Effects of Interactants Perceived Conflict Management Strategies and Communication Competence on Relational Outcomes." Graduate school of Kyung Hee University, 2003.
- Y-S. Hwang, J-H. Kim, "The Effects of Interpersonal Communication Competence on Mobile Phone Uses and Relational Maintenance Behaviors." Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp. 687-719, 2009.
- C-M. Koo, "A study of the relationship between peer relation and sport participation of youth." Journal of Korean Sociology of Sport, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 25-36, 2000.
- L. A. Donovan, P. D. MacIntyre, " Age and sex differences in willingness to commnicate, communication apprehension, and self-perceived competence." Communication Research Reports, Vol. 21, No. 4, pp. 420-427, 2004. https://doi.org/10.1080/08824090409360006
- D. J. Canary, M. J. Cody, V. Manusov, "Interpersonal communication: A goals-based approach." NY: Bedford/St. Martin's Press, 2000.
- M-H. Kwon, "Relationships between Sport Participation and Communication Competence in Children." The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education, Vol 17, No. 4, pp. 89-99, 2012.
- M-Y. Oh, "Communication." Seoul: Communication Books, 2013.
- C-H. Lee, "The effects of positive self-concept on communication skills according to satisfaction with joining in a youth soccer club." Graduate school of Kyung Hee University, 2015.
- K-H. Min, Y-G. Park, "Influence of body image on the physical self-concept according to dance sports participation of elementary school children." The Korean Journal of Elementary Physical Education, Vol 16, No. 1, pp. 177-189, 2010.
- H-J. Choi, "(The) effect of peer-counseling program on middle school student's self-esteem and interpersonal relations.". Graduate school of Yeungnam University, 2003.
- J-S. Lim, C-H. Yang, "Relationship between Sports Confidence and Class Satisfaction according to Adolescents' Participation in Marine Sports", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 169-176, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.169
- C-O. Jang, "A Study on Convergence Family Function and parameter validation fusion of youth protection factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 121-126, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.121
- R. Kwon, "A study on the effect of sports activities of primary school pupils after school in the formation of the positive self-concept." Graduate school of Korea National Sport University, 2007.
- E. S. Yi, E. Y. Kang, "The Influence of Leisure Activities with Family Members of Elementary School Students on Family Resilience and Communication between Family Members." Journal of Sport and Leisure Studies, Vol. 36, No. 2, pp. 887-897, 2009
- K. W. Kim, " Effects of physical exercise on physical self-concept." Korean Journal of Sport Psychology, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 1-12, 2003.
- K-S. Yoo, "Effect of sport participation on communication competence and conflict-resolving strategies of adolescence." Graduate school of Dankook University, 2013.
- D-H. Woo, "A study on causal relationships among participation motivation, peer-relation, self-concept and social behaviors of youth soccer player." Graduate school of Kookmin University, 2009.
- J-P. Choi, "Effects of children's relationship on the participation satisfaction in youth soccer club activity." Graduate school of Dankook University, 2009.
- K.S. Roh, "Thesis statistical analysis: SPSS & AMOS 21." Seoul: Hanbit Academy, 2014.
- R. B. Kline. "Principles and Practice of Structural Equation Modeling (2nd ed.)." New York: Guilford, 2005.
- N-S. Kim, Y. Min, " The impact of digital media uses, interpersonal communication, and sport-related activities upon early adolescents' anti-social behavior." Studies on Korean Youth, Vo. 20, No. 4, pp. 159-187, 2009.
- H. W. Marsh, M. Bar-Eli, S. Zach, G. Richards, "Construct validation of Hebrew versions of three physical self-concept measures: An extended multitrait-multimethod analysis." Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology, Vol. 28, No. 3, pp. 310-343, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1123/jsep.28.3.310
- A. I. Nathanson, "Parents versus peers: Exploring the significance of peer mediation of antisocial television." Communication Research, Vol. 28 No. 3, pp. z251-274, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365001028003001
- D. W. Kim, "A satisfaction of women's leisure sport activity." Graduate school of Daegu University, 2003.
- J. Chang, "Convergence of Education and Information & Communication Technology : A Study on the Communication Characteristics of SNS Affecting Relationship Development between Professor and Student", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 213-219, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.213
- S. Kim, "Convergence study on the influence of dental hygiene students' stress in their major satisfaction and career-decision attitude", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol 6, NO, 4, p. p115-122.
- I. Kim, S, Kim, "Converged relationship between oral health education and dental health behavior of high school students", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol 6, NO, 4, pp. 107-114.