- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on the Influencing Factors on Life Satisfaction of Students with Disabilities-Focused on Household, School and Disability Related Characteristics
장애 학생의 삶의 만족도에 영향을 미치는 요인에 관한 연구-가정, 학교 및 장애 특성을 중심으로
- Received : 2016.09.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study intend to provide basic evidence needed to improve the life satisfaction of disabled children and youth by analyzing factors to influence on their life satisfaction. To accomplish this study's goal, raw data of Survey of Disabled People in 2014 conducted by the Ministry of Health and Welfare was utilized for multiple regression analysis to identify determining factors among family relation satisfaction, domestic violence, type of household, economical conditions, family relationship satisfaction, subjective health status, severity of disability, experience of discrimination, satisfaction on number of friends and school adjustment on 197 disabled children's life satisfaction. Results of the analysis are as follows. Domestic violence, family relationship satisfaction, subjective health status, and satisfaction on number of friends are influencing factors on life satisfaction of disabled children's and youth students. This results shows that strengthening family structure and function, expanding all family members participating program, implementing sociability improvement program and promoting health condition are needed to heighten the life satisfaction of students with disabilities.
Disabled children's and youth;Life satisfaction;domestic violence;Type of household;family relationship satisfaction;Economical conditions;Severity of disability;Experience of discrimination;Subjective health status;Satisfaction on number of friends;School adjustment;Life satisfaction
- DOI: http://www.ystv.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=43481
- Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, 2014 Comprehensive Youth Survey.
- Y. S. Park, U. C. Kim, "Factors influencing happiness among Korean adolescents: With specific focus on the influence of Psychological, relational and financial resources and academic achievement", Korean Journal of psychological and social issues, Vol. 15, No. 3, pp. 399-429, 2009.
- R. Sun, D. Shek, "Life satisfaction, positive youth development, and problem behaviour among Chinese adolescents in Hong Kong. Social Indicators Research, Vol. 95, No. 3, pp. 455-474, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11205-009-9531-9
- Suldo, S. M., & Huebner, E. S. "The role of life satisfaction in the relationship between authoritative parenting dimensions and adolescent problem behavior", Social Indicators Research, Vol. 66, No. 1-2, pp. 165-195, 2004b. https://doi.org/10.1023/B:SOCI.0000007498.62080.1e
- McKnight, C. G., Huebner, E. S., & Suldo, S. M. "Relationships among stressful life events, temperament, problem behavior, and global life satisfaction in adolescents", Psychology in the Schools, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp. 677-687, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1002/pits.10062
- Suldo, S. M., & Huebner, E. S. "Does life satisfaction moderate the effects of stressful life events on psychopathological behavior during adolescence?" School Psychology Quarterly, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 93-105, 2004a https://doi.org/10.1521/scpq.184.108.40.206313
- B. Y. Kim, S. H, Park, "Effects of Instructional Adaptations on the Problem Behaviors and Task Engagement Behaviors of Students with Disabilities in Elementary Inclusive Classrooms", The Korean society of Special Education, Vol. 42, No. 1, pp. 19-49, 2008.
- S. R. Lee, S, H, Park, "Teachers' and Peers' Perception of the Priority Social Skills Required for Students with Intellectual Disabilities in Inclusive Middle Schools", Journal of Emotional & Behavioral Disabilities Research, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 233-263. 2007.
- S. B. Park, "Focusing on the critical capability of expanding the concept of an exemplary configuration of -Sen query conceptual and policy framework indicators of life ", Korean Public Administration Quarterly, Vol. 11, No, 4, pp. 835-856, 1999.
- J. H. Chang, A study of the influence of the Elderly's satisfaction at life domains on the satisfaction of life. Ph.D. Dissertation of Daegu University, 2010.
- M. S. Suk, Y. G. Ku, "The Effects of Family Factors on Life Satisfaction of the Adolescent: The Mediating Effects of Self-esteem , Journal of Youth Welfare, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 55-71. 2015.
- Y. R. Hong, " A Structural Model for Health promotion on 6th Grade Elementary School Students in Korea", Journal of Academy of Community Health Nursing, Vol. 17, No. 1, pp. 102-111, 2006.
- H. C. Lee, S. B. Choi, "The Longitudinal Study on Life Satisfaction of Korean Youth : Focusing on 2003-2007, Institute of Social Science, Vol. 51, No. 2, pp. 159-187, 2012.
- S. K. Kim, M. K. Park, J. S. An, "The Influence of School Adjustment on Life Satisfaction of Middle School Students: The Moderating Effects of Perceived Parental Behavior", Journal of Youth Welfare, Vol. 16 No. 2, pp. 163-182, 2014.
- H. E. Lee, Y. J. Kwak, "A Study on Factors Affecting Life satisfaction and School Life satisfaction in the early youth", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol. 18, No. 7, pp. 59-83, 2011.
- Y. S. Choi, E. Y. Son,"Relationships with Other People, Academic Achievement and Life Satisfaction in Youth -The Comparison about the Gender and Grade", Korea Journal of Counseling, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 233-247, 2015.
- J. H. Park, "The Effects of Perceived Parenting Attitudes and Emotional Problems on Life Satisfaction among Adolescents in Single Parent Families, Korean Family Resource Management Association, Vol. 20, No. 1, pp.1-22, 2016.
- B. Y. Sohn, S. J. Kim, J. A. Park, Y. H. Kim, "The Effects of Desirable Parenting Attitudes upon Life Satisfaction in Early Adolescence : The Mediating Effects of School Adjustment and Ego-resilience and Multiple Group Analysis across Gender", Studies on Korean Youth, Vol. 23, No. 1, pp. 149-173, 2012.
- C. O. Jang, "A Study on Convergence Family Function and parameter validation fusion of youth protection factor", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 121-126, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.121
- M. S. Oh, "A study on the Effects of Parenting Attitudes on School Adjustment in Middle School Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.197-203, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.197
- J. A. Beak. "The Effects of Parenting Attitudes on Adolescents' Fandom Activities in the Times of Convergence: Focusing on the Mediating Effects of Psychological Factors and Life Satisfaction", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 9, pp.453-461, 2015.
- K. J. Kwak, Y. S. Park, U. C. Kim, "Factors Influencing Stress and Life-satisfaction Level of Korean Adolescents : Comparison of Urban and Rural Students" Korean journal of health psychology, Vol. 3 No. 1, pp.79-101, 1998.
- E. Ju. Park, M. O. Choi, " The Relation of Abusive parenting to Delinquency behaviors and Victimization experience among Adolescents: Focusing on Mediating Effects of Depression and Aggression, Journal of family relations, Vol. 18, No. 4, pp. 219-238, 2014.
- I. S. Lee, J. H. Choi, "Adolescents and their experience of victimization at home and at school", Studies on Korean Youth, Vol.25, No. 3, pp. 259-281, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14816/sky.2014.25.3.259
- M. K. Jeong, "The Mediating Effects of Perceived Social Support and Social Competence on the Relationship between Emotional Regulation in Adolescents and Life Satisfaction", Korean journal of youth studies, Vol. 21, No. 12, pp. 49-72, 2014.
- G. H. Park, J. M. Lee, "The Effect of Parenting Behavior on Adolescents' Life Satisfaction: The Mediating Effect of Ego-Identity and School Adjustment", Korean Journal of Family Welfare, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp. 997-1013, 2014. https://doi.org/10.13049/kfwa.2014.19.4.997
- J. H. Park, M. S. Lee, "The Effects of Adolescents' School Adjustment on Depression in Their Transitional Period : The Moderating Effects of Parental Support, Parental Monitoring, and Peer Support", Journal of Korean Home Management Association, Vol. 32, No. 3,pp.45-63, 2014. https://doi.org/10.7466/JKHMA.2014.32.3.45
- Y. M. Kim, Y. S. Lim, "Structural analysis of parental over-involvement, ego-resilience, School adjustment, life satisfaction". Journal of Adolescent Welfare, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 343-366, 2013.
- M. J. Kwak, Y. M. Kim, "A Study of Influence on Adolescent Psychological Well-Being - Focusing on Strengths of Family Life and Satisfaction with School Life in the IT-based Society", Vol. 11, No. 3, pp.49-57, 2013.
- "The effect of positive parenting style, self-efficacy, stress, and depression on school adjustment of adolescents" Vol. 11, No. 9, pp.239-246, 2012.
- S. J. Park, "The Effects of Self-Resilience and Social Support on School Adjustment of Dormitory High School Students Adaptation in Convergence Age", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.287-293, 2016.
- H. S. Park, H. T. Yang, "The influence on the life satisfaction of elderly with disability of discrimination experiences - centered on the effect parameters of the disability acceptance", Disability & Employment, Vol. 23, No. 3, pp. 153-174, 2013. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2013.23.3.007
- E. R. Kim J. K. Park, L. E. Park "Effects of Recognition on Discrimination on the Life-satisfaction of Individuals with Physical Disabilities : Focused on the Mediating effect of Self-Esteem, Disability & Employment, Vol. 25, No.1, pp. 27-54, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15707/disem.2015.25.1.002
- J. H. Lee, "A study on the determinants that affect life satisfaction of the disabled", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No.1, pp. 503-514, 2015.
- Ministry of Health and Welfare, Korea Centers for Disease, 2014 Survey of Disability
- Y. K. Hwang, The environmental factors of youth house, schools and community Impact on the satisfaction of life, Gyeongnam National University of Science and Technology Master's Thesis, 2016.
- Eunsoo Kim, ByungJun Song, Jong Yun Lee, "AHS tariff classification service based on a knowledge convergence performance system supporting decision elements and field terms", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 49-55, 2015.
- Y. S. Han, Studies on Youth life satisfaction by Environment: Focusing on the family environment and school environment factors, Ewha Women University Graduate School of Social Welfare Master's Thesis, 1996.
- Y. N. Joung, Analysis on the variables affecting perceived happiness of elementary school students, Ph.D. Dissertation of Ewha Women University, 2015.
- J. S. Gwon, S. J. Kim, "Study on the Influence Factors of Older Disabled Women's Life Satisfaction", The Journal of the Korean Association on Developmental Disabilities, Vol. 16, No. 2, pp. 23-45, 2012.
- D. Jung, J. S. Lee, "Adolescent"s Self-Esteem, Environmental Characteristics and Life Satisfaction : Interaction of Positive Self-Evaluation and Negative Self-Evaluation", The Korea Contents Society, Vol. 15, No.9, pp. 273-284, 2015.
- J. M. Cho, J. H. Kang, B. K. Lee, "Articles : Effects of Family Structure and Friendship Network on Korean Adolescents' Life Satisfaction", Social Science Review, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 47-71, 2012.
- S. Y. Bae, N. J. Cho, S. J. Park,, "The Effects of Family Resilience on the positive attitudes toward a Children with Disabilities and Non-Disabled Siblings", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 9, pp.239-246, 2013.