- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Benefit Analysis of Internet Personal Broadcasting
인터넷 개인 방송의 수익 분석
- Jung, Keun-Woong (Graduate School, Sungkyunkwan University) ;
- Park, Seong-Taek (MIS, Chungbuk National University) ;
- Kim, Jong Uk (SKK Business School, Sungkyunkwan University)
- Received : 2017.02.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study is aimed at investigating the factors that influence the profits of Internet personal broadcasting to improve unstable benefit structure. 50 viewers of game broadcasting that includes most of internet personal broadcasting's personalities are surveyed, who are watching the broadcasting everyday more than an hour and backing to a broadcast conductor. For investigating Benefit Structure Analysis of Internet Personal Broadcasting, independent variables are composed of Social viewing experience, Parasocial relationship, and Information seeking motive and mediator is composed of viewing satisfaction that influences dependent variable, purchase intention. As a result the study founds that only two independent variables(Parasocial relationship, Information seeking motive) affect to mediator and viewing satisfaction affected to dependent variable.
Internet Personal Broadcasting;Social Media;Viewing Satisfaction;Social Viewing Experience;Parasocial Relationship
- Yoo, J. H. & Kim, Y. M., "Trend of Online Personal Broadcasting Platform", Monthly SW-centered society, Vol. 2, no. 11, pp. 42-46, 2015.
- Dept. of Communications Planning, Communications Promotion Bureau, KCA, "Online Personal Broadcasting Service Usage Behavior Survey", Trends and Prospects: Broadcasting, Communication, and Radio Civil Rights, Vol. 76, pp. 92-103, 2014.
- Yoo, J. H., "Personal broadcasting, revenue source", Journal of The Korean Institute of Communication Sciences, Vol. 33, no. 4, pp. 71-78, 2016.
- Harboe, G., Metcalf, C. J., Bentley, F., Tullio, J., Massey, N. & Romano, G., "Ambient social TV Drawing people into a shared experience", Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems - Proceedings, pp. 1-10, 2008.
- Choi, Y. J. & Kweon, S. H., "Television Social Viewing Experience Focused on TV Viewing Satisfaction through Social Presence", Korean Association for Broarding & Telecommunication, Vol. 29, no. 5, pp. 242-276, 2015.
- Chorianopoulos, K., "Content-enriched communication-supporting the socialuses of TV", Journal-Communications Network, Vol. 6, no. 1, p. 23, 2007.
- Short, J., Williams, E., & Christie, B., "The Social Psychology of Telecommunications. London John Wiley & Sons, Ltd", Wiley, pp.1-195, 1976.
- Lee, D. Y. & Lee, S. Y., "Media Experience in Live Streaming Video Service Comparative Study on Parasocial Interaction and Social Presence among Live Sports Streaming Video Service Users", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 58, no. 1, pp.148-177, 2014.
- Kim, Y. R. & Park, J. Y., "A Study on Theories and Practices of Reality Programs", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 20, no. 3, pp. 7-48, 2006.
- Jo, J. S. & Eun, H. C., "A study of Korean Reality TV Shows on the focus of parasocial interaction factors, flow and viewing satisfaction", Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 556-590, 2013.
- Horton, D. & Wohl, R., "Mass communication and parasocial interaction Observations on intimacy at a distance", Psychiatry, Vol. 19, no. 3, pp. 215-229, 1956. https://doi.org/10.1080/00332747.1956.11023049
- Lee, H. S., "Korean Local Characteristics of Real Variety and Pleasure of Reception", Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 11, no. 3 pp. 207-237, 2011.
- Kwan, S. H.& Jo, E. J., "A Study of the Dimension of Parasocial Interaction in TV Genre Program", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 51-101, 2009.
- Sood & Rogers, "Dimensions of parasocial interaction by letter writers to a popular entertainment-education soap opera in india", Journal of broadcasting an electronic media, Vol. 4, no. 3, pp. 386-414, 2000.
- Kim, T. Y., "Perceiver Properties Influencing the Likelihood of Experiencing Telepresence", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 17, no. 2, pp. 111-142, 2003.
- Rubin, A. M., "Ritualized and instrumental television viewing", Journal of Communication, Vol. 34 no. 3, pp. 67-77, 1984. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1460-2466.1984.tb02174.x
- Hwang, H. S. & Park, S. B., "Rethinking of TV viewing Satisfaction Relationships among TV viewing Motivation, Para-social Interaction, and Presence", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 21, no. 5, pp.339-379, 2007.
- Kim, J., & Rubin, A. M., "The variable influence of audience activity on media effects", Communication Research, Vol. 24, no. 2, pp. 107-135, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365097024002001
- Park, W. G & Song, J. K., "A Study on the Emotional Identification in TV Drama Viewing - Relationships among Homophily, Viewing Motives, and Viewing Satisfaction", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 233-275, 2009.
- Jin, C. Z., "Articles International Management ; The Effects of Product Attributes, Brand and Corporate's Images on Consumer's Purchasing Intension -Focusing on Chinese Cellular Phone Markets in 9 Areas-", International Area Studies Review, Vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 367-391, 2008.
- Ajzen, I., "The theory of planned behavior", Organizational Behaviour and Human Decision Processes, Vol 50, no. 2, pp. 179-211, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1016/0749-5978(91)90020-T
- Engel J, F, Blackwell, R. D., & Miniard, P. W., "Consumer behavior(8th edition)", Chiago : the Dryden Press, 1995.
- Joo, J. H., Choi, M. I, & Kim, B. C, "Effect of TV Home-shopping Attributes on the Viewing Intention and Purchase Intention Focused on Perceived Usefulness, Perceived Ease of Use, and Perceived Risk", he Korean ournal Of Advertising, Vol. 19, no. 1, pp. 39-53, 2008.
- Ban, O. S. & Park, J. Y. "A Study on Structural Relationships of Internet Personal Broadcasting Continuous Use: TAM 2", Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 16, no. 1, pp. 59-37 , 2016. https://doi.org/10.14696/jcs.2016.03.16.1.59
- Grant, A. E., Guthrie, K. K., & Ball-Rokach, S. J., "Television shopping: A media system dependency perspective", Communication Research, Vol. 18, no. 6, pp. 773-798, 1991. https://doi.org/10.1177/009365091018006004
- Talarzyk, W. W., "In-home shopping: Impact of television shopping program", Columbus: College of Business, Ohio State University, Working Paper Series, no. 74, 1987.
- Choi, H. J., Park, J. H., & Nah, K., "New Value Creation in the TV Home Shopping Industry : Focused on Offline Shopping and Home Shopping, TV User Experience", Journal of Digital Design, Vol. 13, no. 1, pp. 353-362, 2013. https://doi.org/10.17280/jdd.2013.13.1.035
- Park, J. R., "Effectiveness of TV Home shopping Channel Image on Channel Loyalty, Viewing Satisfaction and Purchase Intention", The Korean Journal of Advertising, Vol. 25, no. 6, pp. 251-268, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14377/KJA.2014.8.31.251
- Lee, D. Y. & Lee, S. Y., "Media Experience in Live Streaming Video Service: Comparative Study on Parasocial Interaction and Social Presence among Live Sports Streaming Video Service Users", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies, Vol. 58, no. 1, pp. 148-177, 2014.
- Kim, T. & Eom, M. Y., "An Exploratory Study for Investigating Loyalty in On-line Games : Focus on Interactivity and the Sense of Presence", Korean Operations Research And Management Society, Vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 200-218, 2004.
- Lee, K. M., & Nass, C., "Social-psychological origins of feelings of presence: Creating social presence with machine-generated voices", Media Psychology, Vol. 7, no. 1, pp.31-45, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1207/S1532785XMEP0701_2
Kim, S. J., "The Cultural Politics of Self-Government in Global Reality Game Shows In the case of
- Hwang, H. S., "Development of Social Presence Measurement of Mediated Social Interaction: A Case Study of Instant Messaging", Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 7, no. 2, pp. 529-561, 2007.
- Kang, M. S., "The Webcasting as A Functional Alternative to Television", Korean Journal of Journalism & Communication Studies", Vol. 46, no. 1 pp. 9-38, 2001.
- Lee, J. S., Lee, M. Y., Yeon, B. Y., & Kim, K. M., "The Mediating Role of Flow Experience in Survival Audition Program Viewing", Korean Journal of Broadcasting and Telecommunication Studies, Vol. 26, no. 2, pp. 167-204, 2012.
- Lee, J. K. & Kim, H. E., "A Study on the effects of Television Viewing on Purchase Intention for Women of Environmentally Friendly Cosmetic Products : focusing on the viewing hours of TV program genres, perception of concern about skin health, and the variables of the theory of planned behavior", Journal of Communication Science, Vol. 10, no. 4, pp. 463-497, 2010.
- Wold, H., "Soft modeling: The Basic Design and Some Extensions", in System Under Indirect Observations: Part 2, K. G. Joreskog and H. Wold, (Ed), Amsterdam, North-Holland, pp. 1-54, 1982.
- Chin, W. W., Frequently Asked Questions-Patial Least Squares & PLS-Graph, http://disc-nt.cba.uh.edu/chin/plsfaq.htm, 2000.
- Hair, J. F., Jr., Anderson, R. E., Tatham, R.L. & Black, W. C, "Multivariate Data Analysis. 5th ed", Prentice-Hall, Upper Saddle River, NJ, pp. 1-587, 1998.
- Fornell, C. & Larcker, D. F., "Evaluating Structural Equation Models with Unobservable Variables and Measurement Error", Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 39-50, 1981. https://doi.org/10.2307/3151312
- Igbaria, M. & Chakrabarti, A., "Computer Anxiety and Attitudes Towards Microcomputer Use", Behaviour and Information Technology, Vol. 9, no. 3, pp.229-241, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1080/01449299008924239
- Weisz, J. D., Kiesler, S., Zhang, H., Ren, Y., Kraut, R. E., & Konstan, J. A., "Watching together: Integrating text chat with video", In Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, CHI 2007, pp.877-886, 2007.
- Cho, S. W., Jang, W. J., & Lee, H. W., "Development of User Oriented Vulnerability Analysis Application on Smart Phone", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 7-12, 2012.
- Lee, S. Y. & Kim, S. I., "Evaluation for User Experience about Interface Design of Video-Sharing Website -Mainly with Analysis on 'YouTube' and 'Vimeo'-", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, no. 8, pp. 423-429, 2016.
- Lee, S. H. & Shin M., "Management Plan for Mobile Contents Bypassing In App Billing Application", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 21-26, 2015.
- Kim, K. B. & Yun, J. Y., "Comparison and Analysis on Mobile Payment in terms of Security : Survey", Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, no. 3, pp. 15-20, 2015.