- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Development and Implementation of Ward Monitoring Service Using Bluetooth Low Energy Scanners for Infectious Disease Response
감염병 대응 비콘 스캐너 기반의 병실 모니터링 서비스 개발
- Lee, Kyu-Man (College of Interdisciplinary and Creative Studies, Konyang University) ;
- Park, Ju-young (College of Nursing, Konyang University)
- Received : 2017.01.31
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study attempted to develop a beacon scanner based ward monitoring service in order to respond to the new paradigm of medical environment which is trying to introduce ICT technology as medical service to track and manage the spread path of large infectious diseases such as MERS. The study also included beacon hardware development, firmware development for the beacon low-power bluetooth 4.0, and server and web-based dashboard UI development. Using these, we have developed a customized monitoring system that provides functions such as locating patients by location based service and monitoring based on web UI. It is possible to maximize the efficiency of offline hospital services and to value active infection control and patient safety by integrating online technology into the area where online technologies such as beacons are not properly integrated.
Internet of Things;Bluetooth Low Energy;Location-Based Service;Beacon;Patient Monitoring
Supported by : (주)케이벨
- Gartner. 2015. "Top 10 strategic technologies". http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2867917, November 8, 2016.
- National Information Society Agency, "Big data analytics based on promising technology and services". Daegu. 2013.
- Joint Goverment Agencies. "Spread strategy of internet of things to be the global leading nation". Seoul. 2015.
- Digitaldaily, Seoul. 2016. "Information technology companies find food in the hospital". http://www.ddaily.co.kr/news/article.html?no=142174, April 8, 2016.
- National Research Council of Science & Technology. "Press release-convergence technology with information & communication technology is stop infectious disease". Seoul. 2015.
- Electronics and Telecommunications Research Institute. "Location-based service technology and market trend analysis". Daejeon. 2015.
- K. M. Kim, 2015. "Beacon Technology and Applications". http://beacontech.blogspot.kr/2015/08/ap.html, October 10, 2016.
- Medtech Boston, MedTech profiles: IntelligentM, 2013.
- IOT Journal, Seoul, 2012. "22% Reduction in hospital infection accident via RFID based hygiene management system". http://www.industrysolutions.co.kr/rfid%EA%B8%B0%EB%B0%98-%EC%86%8C%EB%8F%85%EA%B4%80%EB%A6%AC-%EC%8B%9C%EC%8A%A4%ED%85%9C%EC%9C%BC%EB%A1%9C-%EB%B3%91%EC%9B%90-%EA%B0%90%EC%97%BC%EC%82%AC%EA%B3%A0-22-%EC%A4%84%EC%97%AC/, January 9, 2017.
- G. R. Park, "Suggesting an infection causes monitoring system based on wireless sensor network for hospital infection control". Master's thesis, Information and Communications University. Daejeon, 2009.
- Joint Goverment Agencies, "The secondary strategies of developing technology for national infection diseases". Seoul. 2016.
- Estimote, Newyork. 2012. "Part 3: Ranging beacons". http://developer.estimote.com/ibeacon/tutorial/part-3-ranging-beacons/, November 8, 2016.
- Bluflux, Louisville. 2016. "Bluetooth Antenna Design Guide Step 1". http://bluflux.com/bluetoothantenna-design-guide-step-1/, April 10, 2016.
- Espresslf, Shanghai. 2016. "High level of integration". https://espressif.com/en/products/hardware/esp8266ex/overview, November 8, 2016.
- Sensirion, Switzerland. 2016. "Digital humidity sensor SHT3x". https://www.sensirion.com/en/products/humidity-sensors/digital-humidity-sensors-for-various-applications/, April 8, 2016.
- Texas Instruments, Texas. 2016. "OPT3001 digital ambient light sensor with high precision human eye response". http://www.ti.com/product/opt3001?keyMatch= OPT3001 Ambient Light Sensor&tisearch=Search-EN-Everything, April 8, 2016.
- T. H. Moon⋅T. Kim.H. Ahn, "A study on prioritizing the application areas for business development of IoT(Internet of Things)". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 11, pp. 183-195, 2014. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.183 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.11.183
- Y. Jeon, "An efficient IoT healthcare service management model of location tracking sensor". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 3, 261-267, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.261 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.3.261
- Y. Lee, K. Youn, "Searching role of government for promoting IoT industry -Utilizing importance of individual sub-policies using AHP". Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, 47-55, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.47 https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2016.14.5.47