- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Self-care adherence in kidney transplant recipients: Convergence factors and elapsed time analysis
신장이식환자의 자가간호이행 영향 요인 및 경과기간별 이행정도
- Bae, Su-Jung (Dept. of Nursing, Kemyung University Dongsan Medical Center) ;
- Kim, Min-Young (Dept. of Nursing, Ulsan University)
- Received : 2017.01.31
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study was to survey the effects of convergence factors and time elapsed after kidney transplantation on self-care adherence. The study included 235 patients; the data was collected from September, to October, 2014. Old age, female gender and duration of transplantation were identified as factors significantly affecting self-care adherence. Self-care adherence also showed significant differences depending on the elapsed time, and the decrease in self-care compliance was most evident between 1 and 5 years after kidney transplantation. Therefore, development of a nursing strategy that would provide education and self-care improvement programs is needed to improve self-care based on convergence factors and elapsed time.
Kidney transplantation;Recipient;Self-care adherence;Convergence factors;Elapsed time
- M. Suthanthiran, T. B. Strom, "Renal Transplantation. " New England Journal of Medicine, Vol. 331, No. 6, pp. 365-376, 1994. https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJM199408113310606
- Korean Network for Organ Sharing. "Current status of kidney transplantation", Retrieved from http://www.konos.go.kr/konosis (March 12, 2014)
- C. D. Kim,. "Kidney Transplantation." Korean Journal of Medicine, Vol. 86, No. 2, pp. 142-151, 2014. https://doi.org/10.3904/kjm.2014.86.2.142
- K. Denhaerynck, F. Dobbels, L. Cleemput, A. Desmyttere, P. Schafer-Keller, S. Schaub, S. DeGees, "Prevalence, consequences, and determinants of nonadherence in adult renal transplant patients: a literature review." Transplant International, Vol. 18, No. 10, pp. 1121-1133, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1432-2277.2005.00176.x
- S. Y. Lin, S. J. Fetzer, P. C. Lee, C. H. Chen, " Predicting adherence to health care recommendations using health promotion behaviours in kidney transplant recipients within 1-5 years post-transplant." Journal of Clinical Nursing, Vol. 20, No. 23-24, pp. 3313-3321, 2011. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2702.2011.03757.x
- M. H. Shabany, J. M. Aliha, "Relationship between immunosuppressive medications adherence and quality of life and some patient factors in renal transplant patients in Iran." Global Journal of Health Science, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 205-212, 2014.
- W. Y. Son, S. J. Hyun, N. M. Kim, O. J. Eum, C. G. Kim, D. J. Kim, S. G. Park, J. H. Lee, J. S. Kim, S. Lee, "The Effect of Compliance, Family Support and Graft Function on Quality of Life in Kidney Transplant Recipients." Journal of the Korean Society for Transplantation, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 254-261, 2008.
- Y. H. Hwang, M. A. Choe, "Study on the Compliance of Kidney Transplantation Recipients."Journal of Korean Critical Care Nursing, Vol. 4, No. 2, pp. 15-25, 2011.
- M. Y. Kim, E. J. Lee, E. A. Park, "Convergence for adherence: Subjectivity of immunosuppressive medication adherence after kidney transplantation patient."Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 6, pp. 235-246, 2015.
- E. K. Massey, M. Tielen, M. Laging, D. K. Beck, R. Khemai, T. Gelder, W. Weimar, "The role of goal cognitions, illness perceptions and treatment beliefs in self-reported adherence after kidney transplantation: a cohort study."Journal of Psychosomatic Research, Vol. 75, No. 3, pp. 229-234. 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jpsychores.2013.07.006
- J. H. Ryu, M. H. Kim, K. I. Soon, "A study on the Compliance and Educational Demand of Renal Transplantation Patient."The Korean Journal of Rehabilitation Nursing, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 226-238, 2003.
- J. Y. Kim., D. J. Han, H. Y. Shin, W. G. Shin, J. M. Oh, "Risk Factors Affecting the Graft and Patient Survival in Kidney Transplant Patients." Korean Journal of Clinical Pharmacy, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp. 14-22, 2006.
- K. H. Oh, "A study of the relationship between renal transplant patient's health beliefs and their compliance with follow-up care."Ph. D. dissertation, Yonsei University, 1987.
- M. Rambod, M. Shabani, N. Shokrpour, F. Rafii, J. Mohammadalliha, "Quality of life of hemodialysis and renal transplantation patients." Health Care Manager, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 23-28. 2011. https://doi.org/10.1097/HCM.0b013e3182078ab6
- H. W. Kim, "Dependence of Elderly Peritoneal Dialysis Patients and Burden on Family Caregivers." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 9, pp. 429-434, 2012.
- S. I. Kim, Y. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, E. C. Park, K. O. Jeon, S. Y. Son, M. L. Hahm, H. Y. Lee, "A Renal Transplantation and Hemodialysis Cost-Utility Analysis in Patients with End-Stage Renal Disease." Journal of the Korean Society for Transplantation, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 173-181, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4285/jkstn.2010.24.3.173
- K. J. Min, "Malignancy in Renal Transplant Recipients." Journal of the Korean Society for Transplantation, Vol. 23, No. 2, pp.130-134, 2009. https://doi.org/10.4285/jkstn.2009.23.2.130
- J. Hur, "The Development of Hemodiafiltration Treatment Compliance Indicators and Discriminant Standards, Development of Hemodiafiltration Treatment Compliance Measurement-Convergent Form(HDFTCM-CF)." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp. 269-282, 2015.
- O. A. Gheith, S. A. El-Saadany, S. A. Abuo Donia, Y. M. Salem, "Compliance with recommended life style behaviors in kidney transplant recipients: does it matter in living donor kidney transplant?" Iranian Journal of Kidney Diseases, Vol. 2, No. 4, pp. 218-226, 2008.
- G. O. Bae, Y. W. Lee,, W. S. Kim, J. Y. Im, "A Study on Stress, Hardiness, and Self-care in Kidney Transplant Patients." Journal of Korean Academic Society of Adult Nursing, Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 136-145, 2006.
- Y. H. Hwang, M. S. Yi, "Evaluation of an Individualized Education before Discharge and Follow-up Telephone Consultation on Self-efficacy for Kidney Transplant Patients." Journal of Korean Biological Nursing Science, Vol. 17, No. 4, pp. 331-340, 2015. https://doi.org/10.7586/jkbns.2015.17.4.331
- D. Mazzoni, E. Cicognani, G. .Mosconi, V. Totti, G. S. Roi, M. Trerotola, A. Nanni Costa, " Sport activity and health-related quality of life after kidney transplantation." Transplantation Proceedings, Vol. 46, No. 7, pp. 2231-2234, 2014. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.transproceed.2014.07.049
- A. J. Hyun, "The Effect of the Self Efficacy Promotion and Exercise Training Program of Kidney Transplant Recipients." Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 30, No. 5, pp. 1181-1194, 2000. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2000.30.5.1181
- H. W. Kim, "Fatigue and Fatigue-regulation Behavior in Hemodialysis Patients." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 10, No. 5, pp. 301-305, 2012.