- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of the effect on Newborn Care Education Program
신생아 돌봄 교육 프로그램의 효과 -체계적 문헌고찰 및 메타분석-
- Kang, Jiwon (Korea University, College of nursing) ;
- Seomun, GyeongAe (Korea University, College of nursing)
- Received : 2016.12.12
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study aimed to validate the effect of newborn care education program to parenting confidence, knowledge and self-efficacy using systematic review and meta-analysis. Literature search was used, Library of Congress, KERIS, KISS, domestic Journal, and until 2016, a total of 11 articles were used for meta-analysis to convergence this kind of results. As the result of the meta-analysis, there was no statistically significant difference in the overall effect of parenting confidence on the neonatal care education program, but there was a statistically significant difference in the sub-group analysis. The overall effect of knowledge and self-efficacy was statistically significant. Based on the results of this study, it will be helpful to understand the newborn care education program and the basis for the effect of education. The research that measures the related variables should be repeated and generalization should be planned in the future research.
Newborn care education program;Parenting confidence;Self-efficacy;Systematic review;Meta-analysis;convergence
- M. K. Lee, "A study on the effects of Education in Self-confidence with Newborn Caregiving.", Master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 1990.
- H. S. Shin, S. H. Kim & S. H. Kwon, "The Effects of Education on Primiparas' Postpartal care.", Korean journal of women health nursing, Vol. 6, No. 1, PP. 34-45, 2000.
- N. S. Kim, "A Study of first-time Fathers on Their Knowledge and confidence in Newborn.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, PP. 537-545, 2016.
- J. Y. Kim. "Effects of a Massage Program on Growth of Premature Infants and on Confidence and Satisfaction in the Mothering Role.", Child Health Nursing Research, Vol. 11, No. 4, PP. 381-389, 2005.
- B. H. LEE, "Self-efficacy promotion program for continuation of breast feeding for preterm.", Master's thesis, Seoul National University, 2015.
- H. Y. Min, "The Effects of Hybrid Application Breast feeding Promotion Program for Premature Infants." Doctor's dissertation, Ewha Womans University, 2016.
- E. H. Kim, E. J. Lee, M. J. Kim, D. Y. Park & S. H. Lee, "Effects of an Educational Program of Pregnancy and Delivery on Pregnancy related Knowledge, Newborn Care Knowledge, and Postpartum Care Self-efficacy of Marriage Immigrant Women.", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 40, No. 1, PP. 78-87, 2010. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2010.40.1.78
- Y. S. Jang, "Effects of Workbook Program for Mothers of Premature Infants on Perceived Stress Level, Maternal Role Confidence and Breast Feeding Practice.", Doctor's dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2004.
- J. S. Lee, "(The) Effect of Postpartum Video Education on the Knowledge and Self-efficacy of Postpartum Care in Primiparas.", Master's thesis, Kosin University, 2003.
- D. A. Ryu, "Effect of a Newborn Care Education Program on Maternal Role Confidence and Self Esteem for Unmarried Mother.", Master's thesis, Kyungpook National University, 2014.
- Y. M. Seo, "The Effect of Education Program on Primiparas' Knowledge, Confidence and Accuracy of Behavior in Newborn Care.", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 28, No. 4, PP. 1060-1074, 1998. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.19126.96.36.1990
- K. J. Cho, K. J. Lee & O. J. Lee, " The Effect of the Educational Program on Caring-Confidence and Rearing Attitude in Mothers with Newborns.", Korean Academy of Child Health Nursing, Vol. 5, No. 1, PP. 84-96, 1999.
- H. K. Kim & I. S. Jung, " Effects of a Newborn Care Education Program on Newborn Care Confidence and Behavioral Accuracy of Primiparas in a Postpartum Care Center.", Journal of Korean Academy of Nursing, Vol. 37, No. 1, PP. 125-134, 2007. https://doi.org/10.4040/jkan.2007.37.1.125
- M. H. Park, "(The) effect of newborn care education on the self confidence and educational satisfaction of primipara.", Master's thesis, HanYang University, 2009.
- K. H. Jeon, "A comparative Study of the Self-confidence in Newborn Baby Care giving according to the Education Presence of Primiparas' Caring.", Master's thesis, Chungnam National university, 1994.
- J. H. Lee. "Effects of the maternal education program for immigrant women on their maternal role confidence and parenting stress and on their neonatal growth.", Doctor's dissertation, Chonnam National University, 2009.
- H. S. Park, "(The) Effects of a Nursing Intervention Program utilizing NCASA(Nursing Child Assessment Sleep/Activity) on Primipara.", Doctor's dissertation, Kosin University, 2005.
- J. R. Shrestha, D. S. Manandhar, S. R. Manandhar, D. Adhikari, C. Rai, H. Rana & A. Pradhan, "Maternal and Neonatal Health Knowledge, Service Quality and Utilization: Findings from a Community Based Quasi-experimental Trial in Arghakhanchi District of Nepal.", Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, Vol. 13, No. 29, PP. 78-83, 2015.
- J. E. Davidson, R. A. Aslakson, A. C. Long, K. A. Puntillo, E. K. Kross, J. Hart & J. R. Curtis, "Guidelines for Family-Centered Care in the Neonatal, Pediatric, and Adult ICU.", Critcal Care Medicine, Vol. 45, No. 1, PP. 103-128, 2017. https://doi.org/10.1097/CCM.0000000000002169
- K. S. Kha, R.Kunz, J. Kleijnen & G. Antes, "Five steps to conducting a systematic review", Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine, Vol. 96, No.3, PP. 118-121. 2003. https://doi.org/10.1177/014107680309600304
- M. Borenstein, L. V. Hedges, J. Higgins & H. R. Rothstein, "Front matter: Wiley Online Library.", 2009.
- D. Moher, A. Liberati, J. Tetzlaff & D. G. Altman, "Preferred reporting items for systematic reviews and meta-analyses: The PRISMA statement.", Annals of Internal Medicine, Vol. 151, No. 4, PP. 264-269, 2009. https://doi.org/10.7326/0003-4819-151-4-200908180-00135
- B. J. Becker, "Synthesizing standardized meanchange measures.", British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Vol. 41, No. 2, PP. 257-278, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.2044-8317.1988.tb00901.x
- S. B. Morris & R. P. DeShon, "Combining effect size estimates in meta-analysis with repeated measures and independent-groups designs.", Psychological methods, Vol. 7 No. 1, PP. 105-125, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1037/1082-989X.7.1.105
- Y. Netz, M. J. Wu, B. J. Becker & G. Tenenbaum, "Physical activity and psychological well-being in advanced age: a meta-analysis of intervention studies.", Psychology and aging, Vol. 20 No. 2, PP. 272-284, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1037/0882-79188.8.131.522
- J. Deeks, J. Higgins, D. Altman & S. Green, "Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions version 5.1. 0 [updated March 2011]; The Cochrane Collaboration", 2011.
- R. DerSimonian & N. Laird, "Meta-analysis in clinical trials.", Controlled Clinical Trials, Vol. 7, No.3, PP. 177-188, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1016/0197-2456(86)90046-2
- C. Begg, M. Cho, S. Eastwood, R. Horton, D. Moher, I. Olkin, R. Pitkin, D. Rennie, K. F. Schulz, D. Simel & D. F. Stroup, "Improving the quality of reporting of randomized controlled trials: the CONSORT statement.", JAMA, Vol. 276, No. 8, PP. 637-9. 1966.
- K. H. Kim, "Meta-Analysis on the Effect of School Violence Intervention Program.", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 10, PP. 33-43, 2016.
- K. S. Bang, J. S. Park, J. Y. Kim, J. Y. Park, H. S. An & B. H. Yun, "Literature Review on Nursing Intervention for Premature Infants in Korea.", Journal of Korean Society of Maternal and Child Health, Vol. 17, No. 1, PP. 49-61, 2013.
- J. E. Song & J. A. Ahn, "Effect of Intervention Programs for Improving Maternal Adaptation in Korea: Systematic Review.", Korean journal of women health nursing, Vol. 19, No. 3, PP. 129-141, 2013. https://doi.org/10.4069/kjwhn.2013.19.3.129