- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Review for Effectiveness of Bedrest on Post-Dural Puncture Headache
척추마취 후 두통완화를 위한 침상안정 효과에 대한 융복합적 문헌고찰
- Song, Youngshin (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Chi-Hye (College of Nursing, Chungnam National University) ;
- Kim, Kyoungok (Dept. of Nursing, Chungnam National University Hospital)
- Received : 2016.10.21
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study was to review the study design, participants, intervention and its outcomes of studies for post-dura puncture headache using systematic review. Total 4234 studies were searched from 1980 to 2016 years,15 studies were included in final. Total 5239 patients were participated in studies, and 10 RCTs studies and 5 observational studies were included. The findings showed that experimental studies used the 24hr bedrest intervention as a control group for comparing the prevalence of headache with the early ambulation intervention group. The prevalence of headache in ambulation group was lower than 24hr bedrest group (except 2 studies). The high risk methodological bias should be considered when understandings the research findings. Based on this study, meta-analysis study for investigating the proper period of time for bedrest should be performed in further study.
Supported by : 충남대학교
- Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society. The International Classification of Headache Disorders, 3rd edition (betaversion), Vol. 33. 2013.
- J. A. Amorim, M. V. G., de Barros, M. M. Valenca, "Post-dural (post-lumbar) puncture headache: risk factors and clinical features," Cephalalgia, Vol. 32. No. 12, pp. 916-923, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0333102412453951
- C. H. Jacobus, " Does bed rest prevent post-lumbar puncture headache?" Annals of Emergency Medicine, Vol. 59, pp.139-140, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2011.05.010
- E. A. Thromberry, T. A.Thomas, "Posture and post-spinal headache: A controlled trial in 80 obstetric patients," British Journal of Anaesthesia, Vol. 60, pp.195-197, 1988. https://doi.org/10.1093/bja/60.2.195
- R. Kang, G. A. Seomun, "Aromatherapy nursing intervention for pain relief-A systematic review and meta analysis," Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.271-283, 2016.
- S. Kaukinen, L. Kaukinen, K. Kannisto, M. Kataja, "The prevention of headache following spinal anaesthesia," Annales Chirurgiaeet Gynaecologiae, Vol. 70, pp.107-111, 1981.
- P. T. Cook, M. J. Davies, R. E. Beavis, "Bed rest and postlumbar puncture headache". Anaesthesia, Vol. 44, pp.389-391, 1989. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2044.1989.tb11334.x
- H. Lybecker, J. T. Moller, O. May, H. K. Nielsen. "Incidence and Prediction of Postdural Puncture Headache: A Prospective Study of 1021 Spinal Anesthesia", Anesthesia & Analgesia., Vol. 70, pp. 389-94, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1213/00000539-199002001-00389
- A. Fassoulaki, C. Sarantopoulos, K. Andreopoulou, "Is early mobilization associated with lower incidence of postspinal headache? A controlled trial in 69 urologic patients". Anaesthesiologie und Reanimation, Vol. 16, pp.375-378, 1991.
- M. J. Douglas, M. E. Ward, D. C. Campbell, S. B. Bright, P. M. Merrick. "Factors involved in the incidence of post-dural puncture headache with the 25 guage Whitacre needle for obstetric anesthesia", International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia, Vol. 6, pp.220-223, 1997. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0959-289X(97)80026-X
- J. Vimala, J. V. Peter, L. Jeyaseeian, S Prabhakar, A. M. Cherian. "Post Lumbar Puncture Headache: Is Bed Rest Essential?", Journal-Association of Physocoans of India, Vol. 46, No. 11, pp. 930-932, 1998.
- J. A. Amorim, M. M. Valenca. "Postdural puncture headache is a risk factor for new postdural puncture headache", Cephalagia, Vol. 28, pp. 5-8, 2007.
- J. A. Amorim, M. V. G. de Barros, M. M. Valenca, "Post-dural (post-lumbar) puncture headache: risk factors and clinical features". Cephalalgia, Vol. 32, No. 12, pp.916-923, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0333102412453951
- B. Y Kim, "The effect of the starting time of position change on pain after orthopedic surgery under spinal anesthesia", Journal of Korean clinical nursing research, Vol. 2, pp.201-217, 1996.
- D. H. Lee, K. H. Kim, "The prevalance of the postdural puncture headache and back pain in relation to postoperative 24hr bed rest". Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, Vol. 31, pp.600-605, 1996. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.19220.127.116.110
- Y. M. Hong, "The effect of pain in bed rest time for the operated patients under spinal anesthesia". The Korean Jungang Medical Journal, Vol. 63, pp.886-894., 1998.
- S. H. Kim, I. O. Lee, D. H. Kim, H. Y. Moon, B. H. Koo, "The effect of early ambulation on urinary retention and postdural puncture headache following anal operation: A prospective randomized study". Journal of Korean Society of Coloprotology, Vol. 15, pp.179-185, 1999.
- J. S. Kim, H. S. Koo, M. S. Kim, "The effect of bed rest on postdural puncture headache after spinal anesthesia". Clinical Nursing Research, Vol. 12, pp.169-178, 2006.
- E..S. Oh, "Comparison of the influence of bed rest time variance on the incidence of Post dural Puncture Headache after spinal anesthesia", Master's Thesis, Hallym University, 2011.
- Y. Park., "A meta-analysis of the effects of aromatherapy hand massafe", The Journal of Digital Policy & Management, Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 469-479, 2015.
- I. K. Seo, S. H. Lee, "An efficient hospital service model of hyerachial property information classified bioinformatics information of patients", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5 No. 4, pp. 17-23, 2015.
- S. J. Han, "An effect of personality type on cognitive, behavioral investment disposition" , Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 7, pp.127-133, 2016.
- Y. Song, E, Ahn. "Patients' perspectives on taking insulin in diabetes-Perspectives of convergence", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 12, pp.283-292, 2016.
- Y, Song, E.K., Ahn, H.S., Sim. "Time management behavior, job satisfaction and organizational commitment in nurses", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 5, pp.345-351, 2014.
- J. Lim, C. Oh, "Medical care utilization status and quality of life in diabetes mellitus patients, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 11, No. 10, pp.609-618, 2013.
- D. Park, E. Jang, "Convergence Factors Related to Glycemic Control in Workers with Diabetes Mellitus : using the Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2009-2013", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp.95-103, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.6.095
- M. Hwang, J Park, Lexical and Phrasal Analysis of Online Discourse of Type 2 Diabetes Patients based on Text-Mining, Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 12, No. 6, pp.655-667, 2014. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2014.12.6.655
- Y.Y Lee, The Convergent Development of Nursing Activity Index for postoperative patient using Patient Controlled Analgesia, Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol, 7, No 5, pp.43-49, 2016.