- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Hydrophilic Protection Block Development for Reduction of coastal disaster
연안재해 저감을 위한 친수형 호안 블록개발에 관한 연구
- Kim, Jong-Gil (Dept. of Civil Engineering)
- 김종길 (청운대학교 토목환경공학과)
- Received : 2017.02.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
Among government projects for reduction of coastal disaster, coastal maintenance project stage 1(2000~2009) and stage 2(2010~2019) to reduce coastal erosion and sedimentation are currently under process. In performing the coastal maintenance projects, it is necessary to install artificial concrete armor units for coastal protection. Presently in Korea, products manufactured in Japan are applied to the site, or blocks self-developed by the construction firms are installed. However, there is a lack of technical reviews such as verification of hydraulic characteristics, securing the stability and design techniques. This study is intended to develop waterfront shore protection blocks with good accessibility of people and excellent coastal disaster reduction and protection capability. Through this study, hydraulic characteristics and stability coefficients of shore protection blocks could be drawn.
Coastal disaster;Prevention of erosion;Shore protection;Hydraulic model experiment;Block
Supported by : 청운대학교
- Han, J.M, "Development of Wave Dissipation Block for Nature Friendly Structures." Korean Society of Civil Engineers Conference Proceedings, pp. 610-613, 2006.
- Kim, N.H., Mun, J.W, "The Erosion Analysis of the Coastal Beach by the Artificial Reef" Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Korea Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 27, No. 4B, pp. 455-460, 2007.
- Hur, D.S., Lee, W.D, "On the Effects of Oblique Incident Wave on 3-D Flow around the Permeable Submerged Breakwaters." Vol. 17, pp.128-131, 2007.
- Kim, K.H., Yoo, H.S, "Analysis of Sediment Transports on Eroding Beach by Field Investigation " Journal of the Korean Society of Civil Engineers, Korea Society of Civil Engineers, Vol. 23, No. 2B, pp. 115-121, 2003.
- Han, J.M, "Development of Water Affinity Shore Protection Block for Coastline Erosion Prevention" master's thesis , Hanbat National University, 2009.
- Hur, D.S., Oh, Y.M, "Hydraulic Characteristics of water affinity sea-wall block" Korean Society of Coastal and Ocean Engineers Vol.19 No. 2, pp. 179-182, 2007.
- Korea Agency for Infrastructure Technology Advancement (2012) East Coast coastal erosion mitigation technology development planning research
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (2005a). Coastal erosion protection technology Research Service Report.
- Transport and Maritime Affairs (2009) Second coast 10 years maintenance planning research report
- Ministry of Oceans and Fisheries (2013) 2013 Coastal maintenance business practices handbook
- Mitsuyasu, H. etal,"Observation of the directional spectrum of ocean waves using a cloverleaf buoy." J. Physical Oceanogr 5(4), pp. 750-760, 1975. https://doi.org/10.1175/1520-0485(1975)005<0750:OOTDSO>2.0.CO;2
- Naafs B.D.A, Hefter J, Stein R, "Millennial-scale ice rafting events and Hudson Strait Heinrich(-like) Events during the late Pliocene and Pleistocene: a review." Quaternary Science Reviews Vol. 80 pp. 1-28, 2013. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.quascirev.2013.08.014
- Balas, C.E., and Ergin, A. "Reliability-Based Risk Assessment in Coastal Projets: Case Study in Turkey." J. Wtrwy. Port Coast. and Ocn. Engrg., ASCE, Vol. 128, No. 2, pp. 52-61, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(2002)128:2(52)
- Ding, Y., Wang, S.S.Y., and Jia, Y. "Development and Validation of a Quasi-Three- Dimensional Coastal Area Morphological Model." J. Wtrwy. Port Coast. and Ocn. Engrg., ASCE , Vol. 132, No. 6, pp. 462-476, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733-950X(2006)132:6(462)
- Goda, Y. and Suzuki, Y. "Estimation of Incident and Reflected Waves in Random Wave Experiments" Proc. of 15th Coastal Eng. Conf., Chapter 48, pp.828-845, 1976.