- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of the Concentration of Hotel Employees on Job Performance Mediating effect of self-efficacy
호텔종사자의 전공학습이 직무성과에 미치는 영향 자기 효능감의 매개효과
- Jung, Young Mi (Dept. of Food Service Management & Curinery Art, Korea Gyeong Ju University)
- 정영미 (경주대학교 외식경영학부)
- Received : 2017.02.03
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
The purpose of this study is to conducted on hotel workers. The results of this study are as follows. First, the relationship between self - efficacy and job performance of employees was analyzed. We distributed 300 questionnaires to domestic L hotel employees. A total of 250 questionnaires were retrieved and 233 copies were used for the final analysis, except for 17 unfair questionnaires. The results showed that hotel workers had a positive influence on self - efficacy. Self - efficacy played a role in the relationship between majors' learning and job performance. Based on the results of the research, we develop an industry-university linkage program. Practical majors will increase the workplace adaptability of employees. And the self - efficacy of the employees will be increased to affect the job performance. In the future, I hope that research on the self-efficacy of hotel employees and post-employment job performance will be carried out in the future.
Concentration;Job performance;Self-efficacy;Hotel employees;Mediating effects
- Moon Kang In, "Duties of the employee engaged in hotel-match major impact on the immersive and organizational potential of the regular phone" Department of Food service & Culinary Management Graduate School Kyonggi University, 2013.
- Bandua, A. "A Self efficacy: Toward a unifying theory of behavioral change." Psychological Reviw, Vol.82, No.2, pp.191-215, 1997.
- Watkins, K. E and Marsick, V. J, "Sculpting the learning organization: Lessons in the art and science of systemic changem San Freancisco: Jossey-Bass, 1993.
- Park Bong-Gyu, "Moderating Effects Of Organizational Support And Self-Efficacy On The Relationship Between Emotional Labor And Job Attitudes." Journal of Human Resource Management, Vol.15, No. 1, pp.69-85, 2008.
- Sun-Kyu Lee, Dong-Guk Choi, Doo-yul Kim, Eun-gu Kang, and Sang-min Lee, "A Study on the Influence of Dimensions of Learning Organization to Job Satisfaction : Mediating Effect of Self-Efficacy." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.12, No.7, pp.113-121, 2014.
- Choi Young-Am, Park Gye-Hong, and Moon Jaeseung, "The Impact of Continuous Learning activities on Job Satisfaction and Perceived Service Quality: Moderating Effects of Self-efficacy." The Korean Journal of Human Resource Developement Quarterly, Vol.16, No.1, pp.27-58, 2014. https://doi.org/10.18211/kjhrdq.2014.16.1.002
- Lee, SeiHan, "The Effects of Job Environmental Factors on the Job Satisfaction and Job Performance of Public Social Workers." Department of social Welfare Graduate School Cheongju Universit. 2013.
- Sin, Eun-Gyeong, Cao, Yu, and Kim, Jin-Gang, "Moderation Effects of Positive Psychological Capital in the Effects of Hotel Employees' Self-Efficacy to Job Performance." Tourism Institute of Northeast Asia, Vol.11, No.3, pp.83-108, 2015.
- Cascio, K. F. Managing Human Resources. McGraw-Hill. 1992.
- Kim, Ki-Young and Ko, Mi-Ae, "Effects of education and training of hotel employees on organizational commitment and job performance." Korea Tourism Research Association, vol.27, No.4, pp.347-359, 2013.
- Kim Min-Hwan, "A study on the effects of wine educational training on self-efficacy, job satisfaction and job performance of sommelier, Department of Health science, Catholic University of Daegu, 2011.
- Fiol, C. M and Lyles, M. A, "Organizational learning, Academy of Management Review." Vol.10, No.4, pp.803-813, 1985. https://doi.org/10.5465/amr.1985.4279103
- Knott, M. J and Kayes, C. " Indvidual contribution to a team: The importance of continuous adaptive learning." Organizational Management Journal, Vol.9, No.1, pp.22-23, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1080/15416518.2012.666948
- Yeon Sun Kim and Sung Hyuk Kim, "A Study on Relationship among Self-Leadership, Teamwork, Self-Efficacy, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment and Job Performance of Hotel Staffs." Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Studies, Vol.37, No.-, pp.97-108, 2010.
- Sui Choi, Kyoungho Choi, "Achievement and satisfaction research of the undergraduate orchestra club activities - A convergent aspects of statistical method and opinion mining", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 25-31, 2015.
- Hyo-Kyung Kim, Jae-Young Moon, "A study on the Work Process of Hotels and Residence Hotels effect on the Employee Satisfaction and Customer Satisfaction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 2, pp. 93-99, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.2.093
- Park, Kwon-hong, "An Empirical Study on the Effect of Learning Orientation of Small Business CEOs on Positive Psychological Capital, Business Satisfaction and Business Quit." Intention, Journal of Corporate Education, Vol.15, No.2, pp.205-222, 2011.
- Kim Min-Hwan, Yoo Young-Jin, Song, and Jung-Sun, "The Effect of Wine Training Program on Job Satisfaction, and Job Performance: The Moderating Effect of Self-Efficacy." Journal of Tourism and Leisure Vol.2492, No.-, pp.217-232, 2012.
- Lee Eun-Yong, Hwang Jung-Hyun, and Lee Soo-Bum, "A Study of the Effects of Training Factors on Transfer, Self-Efficacy and Job Performance." Journal of Tourism, Vol.25, No.6, pp. 275-294, 2011.
- So Lyoung Moon and Chan Bok Woo, "The Effect of Self-directed Learning of Foodservice Employees on and Job Performance : Self The Mediating Efficacy of Self-Efficacy." Tourism Research, Vol.39, No.2, pp.237-260, 2014.
- Gae Geun Cho, "Research Articles : The Effect of Hotel Employees' Communication Satisfaction on Job Engagement: Focused on the Mediating Effects of Self-Efficac." Journal of Food service Management, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 367-389, 2016.
- Choi Hae-soo "The effect of job characteristics to Empoloyee's Self-Efficacy in the hotel Company-focused on the Moderation effect of Contextual Performance-." Korea Academic Society of Tourism Management, Vol.29, No.4, pp.189-211, 2014.
- Nunnally, J. C., and Bernstain, I. H, Psychometric Theory(3rd), McGraw-Hill Inc. 1994.
- Yu Jong Pil "Structural Equation Model Concept and Understanding." Hannarea Publishing co. Seoul. 2015.
- Hair, J. F., Black, W. C., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., and Tatham, R. L. "Multivariate date Analysis (6th ed.), Upper saddle River, NJ: Pearson Prentice Hall, 2006.
- Yeob-Myeong Son, Byeong-Soo Jung, "Convergence Development of Video and E-learning System for Education Disabled Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp. 113-119, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.4.113
- Seung-Ju Kang, Eun-Ju Kim, Hae-Jin Shin, "Convergence Study about Problem-based Learing and Self-directed Learning Ability, Problem Solving Skills, Academic Self-efficacy, Motivation toward Learning of Nursing Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 2, pp. 33-41, 2016.
- Kyoung-A Chung, Ji-Hyun Cho, "Differences between Major Satisfaction, University Life Adjustment, Self-Esteem and Career Identity according to the Time of Department Selection of Students in the Department of Occupational Therapy at One University", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 143-155, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.143
- Eun-Sook Shin, "Job Satisfaction and Relating Factors of Medical Record Technicians Working in General Hospitals", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 337-346, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.337
- In-Ho Jung, Byung-Chul Lim, "Students of factors affecting career decision level and career preparation behavior-Centering on students studying Dental Technology Daegu.Gyeongbuk area-", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 3, No. 3, pp. 13-19, 2012.
- Kim gi hyun, "Study on the Relationship among Organizational Communication Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, and Turnover Intention" Chungnam national university graduate school. 2013.
- Cha, Sung-Hyun and Chu, Hui-jung, "The Effect of Education and Skill Mismatch on Wage, Job Satisfaction, and Intention to Leave." The Journal of economics and finance of education, Vol.19, No.3, pp.177-215, 2010.
- Lim, Jung Youn and Lee young Min, "Analyzing the Effects of Education and Skill match as well as Job Characteristics on Voluntarily Turnover Intention of Early Careers in Small and Midium-sized Corporations, Through the Mediating Effects of Workplace Environment, Workers." Journal of Corporate Education, vol.15, No.2, pp.155-181, 2013.
- Kim. Myeong-Hui, Lee Young-Hwan, and Jeon Hea-June, "Empirical Study on the Level of Training Transfer and Job Satisfaction in Public Service Agency." Korea Journal of Business Administration, vol.23, No.5, pp.2523-2541, 2010.
- Department of Education (2016, www.moe.go.kr
- Cho, Jung Joo,"The Effects of the Motivation for Life-long Education and Self-directedLearning on the Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment of Hotel Employees." Department of Food service Culinary & Management Graduate School of Kyonggi University, 2011.
- Klassen, R. M, and Chiu, M. M. "Effects on teachers' self-efficacy and job satisfaction: Teacher gender, years of experience, and job stress." Journal of Educational Psychology, Vol.102. No.3, pp.741-756, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0019237
- Kim Sung-Hwan, "Influence which Hotel Employee's Self-efficacy and Self-realization has on Job Satisfaction : Focusing on the Moderating Effect of Job Engagement" Dept of Hotel Management Gradute school Honam University, Gwang-ju Korea. 2015.
- Seo Hwa Joung and Kim Byoung Joo, "Effect of Educational Satisfaction, Degree of Educational Achievement and Participation on Programs for Getting Employment, and Job Match on Job Satisfaction of College Graduated Employees." The Journal of economics and finance of education, Vol. 23, No.4, pp.185-205, 2014.
- Jin Hee Kim, "The Career Decision Making Experience Appeared in Career Stories of College Students Whose Majors Mismatch Their Desired Job." Korean Journal Of Counseling And Psychotherapy, Vol.26, No.4, pp.993-1021, 2012.
- Korea Research Institute for Vocational Education & Training, www.caeaedu.or.kr/main.html, 2012.
- Education statistics employment data, www.kedi.re.kr, 2013.
- Hyo-jung Kim and Seon-hwa Kwag, "The Effects of Job Mismatches on Wages and Job Satisfaction." Survey research, Vol.17, No.2, pp. 85-117, 2016.
- Myung-Hee Yoon and You, Hyung-Sook, "Comparative Study of Correspondence for Expected Occupation- ajor and Job Preparation Behaviors between Korean and Japanese Tourism Related Students." The Journal of Korean Association of Modern Japanology, Vol. 27,No-, pp.203-216, 2010.