- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Study on Ways to Improve Military Logistics Systems Based on IPA Analysis
IPA 분석을 활용한 군 물류체계 개선방안에 대한 연구
- Bae, Kuk-Hwan (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Gong, Jeong-Min (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University) ;
- Yeo, Gi-Tae (Graduate school of Logistics, Incheon National University)
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study endeavors to propose factors that should be intensively managed by using an IPA model to analyze the strengths of military logistics. Based on the improvement measures, we constructed a questionnaire with 5 points of Likert scale and analyzed the importance and satisfaction through SPSS 23. Examination of several evaluation factors revealed 'expansion of and modernization storage facilities' as the most important factor, 'merger and abolition of regional logistics work' (3.56) had the highest satisfaction level. Factors involving the expansion and modernization of the storage facilities showed the largest difference between importance level and satisfaction level, at 2.01. This indicates the necessity for an overall review of the expansion and modernization of storage facilities related to military logistics. This study aims to identify the areas that should be improved firstly in military logistics and concentrate on management to create more effective results. Thus it suggests that this study has a concentration on management for the streamlining of military logistics.
IPA analysis;Military logistics;Paired t-test;Importance factors;Factors for improvement
- S. B. Sim, S. H. Jang, H. S. Jung, B. J. Jeong, "Military Logistics Consolidation Center Location Problem : Modeling and Analysis", Journal of the Korean Institute of Industrial Engineers, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp.587-598, 2013. https://doi.org/10.7232/JKIIE.2013.39.6.587
- K. S. Cho, "The Direction of Rebuilding an Integrated Logistics System for the Defense Reform", Korea research institute for strategy, Vol. 51, pp.68-94. 2011.
- J. H. Kim, S. C. Choi, "A Study on the Application of SCOR model for Integrated Defense Logistics System", Journal of the Military Operations Research Society of Korea, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp.73-92, 2005.
- S. C. Choi, D. J. Sin, "The Development Strategy of Defense Logistics System via Study of the Iraq War: Focused on the Korean Army Logistics System", The Korean Journal of Security Affairs, Vol. 48, No. 2, pp.185-209, 2005.
- J. W. Park, S. J. Kang, "A Study on the Cost Estimation Model in the military logistics-Focus on the military clothing", Journal of the Military Operations Research Society of Korea, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.1-20, 2006.
- K. T. Park, D. J. Park, "A Study on the Improvement of Military Logistics System using SCOR Model and Service Blueprint:-Focused on the Business Process", Korea Business Review, Vol. 37, No. 2, pp.321-354, 2008.
- E. S. Hwang, I. S. Um, H. C. Lee, "The Evaluation Method for the Military Logistics System using Simulation and ANP", Journal of the Korea management engineers society, Vol. 16, No. 1, pp.127-146, 2011.
- K. D. Jang, "Military logistics and industrial engineering as the core of the creation of military power", Industrial engineering magazine, Vol. 19, No. 4, pp.36-42, 2012.
- Y. D. Park, "The Future Development Direction of Logistical Support System - Focusing on ground", Military Development Research, Vol. 8, No. 1, pp.115-141, 2014.
- H. S. Bang, S. C. Kim, "A Study on the Shipping Company Attraction Strategies of Gwangyang Port - Focusing on the Port Revitalization Alternatives using IPA analysis ", KOREA Logistics review Vol. 16, No. 4, pp.159-179, 2006.
- T. H. Lee, G. S. Jo, H. J. Jung, G. T. Yeo, "Kyoungin Port's customers' needs analysis using Importance-Performance Analysis", Marine Logistics Research, Vol. 79, pp.741-763, 2013.
- S. W. Lee, B. L. Son, H. W. Lee, "A study on the evaluation of the competitiveness of Ulsan port related to the Northern Logistics Market", Marine Logistics Research, Vol. 87, pp.621-642, pp.2015.
- Y. D. Cha, Y. W. Kang, H. G. Lee, "An Analysis of the Logistics Information Service of Incheon Port", Marine Logistics Research, Vol. 89, pp.69-90, 2016.
- D. Y. Kim, C. H. Yang, Y. J. Kim, "The Study of Customer Satisfaction with the Port Authority System-Focus on Container Terminal in Busan Port", Journal of Korea Port Economic Association, Vol. 25, No. 4, pp.229-254, 2009.
- H. G. Lee, "A Study on the Evaluation of Port Logistics Information Service Using Importance-Performance Analysis", Marine business, No. 22, pp.89-109, 2012.
- S. G. Kim, Y. S. Choi, D. H. Yun, "A Study on the Productivity Improvement of Container Terminal using AHP/IPA", Marine Logistics Research, Vol. 77, pp.289-305, 2013.
- S. H. Min, H. D. Choi, E. Y. Yun, D. W. Kang, Y. S. Kim, "A Study on the Operation of Ship Supply Common Logistics in Utilizing the Busan Port International Ship Supply Center", Journal of Korean Navigation and Port Reserch, Vol. 39, No. 6, pp.553-559, 2015. https://doi.org/10.5394/KINPR.2015.39.6.553
- J. H. Lee, J. S. Choi, "A Study on the Working Conditions in the Aviation Logistics at Incheon International Airport Using the IPA", Journal of the Korean Society fo Supply Chain Management, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.25-35, 2009.
- J. S. Kim, E. Hong, "An Empirical Assessment of Competency Requirements for Logistics Managers of Freight Forwarding Companies", Journal of International Commerce and Information, Vol. 14, No. 2, pp.147-172, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15798/kaici.14.2.201206.147
- S. D. Kim, Y. K. Lee, "Importance-Performance Analysis of Selection Attributes of University Ski Lecture Environment", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 6, pp.489-498, 2016.
- C. H. Lee, "The Study on Factors for Successful Urban Regeneration - Compared the Relative Importance between External and Internal Factors -", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 8, pp.195-201, 2016.
- J. Y. Han, E. M. Choi, K. Y. Ji, "An Analysis of the Importance-Satisfaction of Convergent Medical Tourism Service Quality", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 7, pp.403-412, 2015. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDC.2015.13.7.403
- Y. J. Kim, K. H. Park, W. S. Kwak, "The Brand Management Strategy focused on Importance-Performance Analysis on Innovation Brand of Government Ministries", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 7, No. 2, pp.1-12, 2009.
- Martilla, J. A., & James, J. C. "Importance-performance analysis" The journal of marketing, Vol. 41, No. 1, pp.77-79, 1977. https://doi.org/10.2307/1250495
- Eun-Young Park, Dong-Gi Kwag, "The Study on the Market Competitiveness Reinforcement for Convergence Industry", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 99-106, 2015.
- Woo-Jin Son, "The Empirical Study on Interrelationship between Strategy, MCS, Corporate's Performance and Role of Controller", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 303-314, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.303
- J. C. Shin, K. I. Kim, "A study on the success factors in the Enterprise Information Systems introduced", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.1-8, 2016.
- B. W. Min, "Design and Implementation of Smart Library System for Multi-tenant Environment Using Software on-demand", Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.131-136, 2016. https://doi.org/10.22156/CS4SMB.2016.6.4.131