- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effect of Commercialization Activities by using Basic Science and Technology on Technology and Business Performance of Enterprise : Case study on Mediating Effect of Technology Performance
기초·원천기술의 사업화 활동이 기업의 기술성과 및 경영성과에 미치는 영향 : 기술성과의 매개효과를 중심으로
- Jeong, Myoung-Sun (Department of Intellectual Property, Mokwon University)
- 정명선 (목원대학교 지식재산학과)
- Received : 2017.02.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study intends to analyze the impact of technology commercialization activities in the area of basic research on the technology utilization performances and the corporate business performances. The technology commercialization activities are divided into the experiences of promoting technology commercialization, the department dedicated to technology commercialization, and the technology commercialization consulting. Additionally, this study has used the tracked information of the companies that adopted the basic research-related technologies. Therefore, we conducted the analysis on the mediating effects under the assumption that it can be extended to the business performance of companies in addition to technology utilization performance. To do this, we developed the empirical model through previous studies and developed various research models by subdividing the types of technology commercialization. As the result, it was analyzed that all the variables of activities involved in the technology commercialization utilizing basic research results had positive effects on the technology utilization performance and business performances, and there were also mediating effects on the technology-related performance.
Technology performance;Management performance;Technology commercialization activity;Basic research;Commercialization performance
- "Industrial Technology Innovation Promotion Act", No. 13736, 1.6.2016.
- Y. K. Park, "Study of successful technology transfer & commercialization methods", SungKyunKwan Univ. MD.dissertation, 2010.
- I. K. Jeon, "Study on the Influencing Factors on Performance of Technology Transfer and Commercialization in the Aerospace Field", ChungNam Univ. MD.dissertation, 2014.
- Nationa Science Foundation, "Federal Funds for Researchand Development: Fiscalyears 1996, 1997, and 1998, Detailed Statistical Tables", Science Resource Studies Division, 1998.
- OECD, "Frascati Manual, OECD Directorate for Science, Technology and Industry", 2002.
- National Science & Technology Commission, "Concept of source technology research and estimation of weight, National Science & Technology Commission", 2009.
- D. H. No, Y. K. Jung, H. Y. Park, "An Analysis on the Relative Importance Evaluation of SMEs.Venture Technology Commercialization Problems Using AHP", Journal of Business Venturing and Entrepreneurship, Vol.11, No.1, pp.1-12, 2016.
- "Technology Transfer and Commercialization Promotion Act", No. 11232, 26.1.2012.
- Y. D. Lee, "Technology Business", Dunam, 2010
- T. M. Nevens, "Commercializing technology: what the best companies do", Planning review, Vol.18, No.6, pp.20-24, 1990.
- Y. K. Kwon, "New paradigm of technology transfer commercialization from the perspective of industrial technology ecosystem", Korea Institute for Advancement of Technology, 2011.
- J. B. Powers, "Commercializing academic research: Resource effects on performance of university technology transfer", The Journal of Higher Education, Vol.74, No.1, pp.26-50, 2013.
- J. Y. Ok, B. K. Kim, "Measuring the Performance of Technology Transfer Activities of the Public Research", Journal of Technology Innovation, Vol.17, No.2, pp.131-158, 2009.
- H. Y. Jeon, "Study of the impact factors strengthening the university-industry research collaboration in open Innovation", SungKyunKwan Univ. MD.dissertation, 2010.
- H. J. Jo, "A Study on the Performance Factors of Technology Commercialization of Universities in Korea in Terms of the Resources-based View", The Journal of Intellectual Property, Vol.7, No.3, pp.217-245, 2012.
- W. J. Son, "The Empirical Study on Interrelationship between Strategy, MCS, Corporate's Performance and Role of Controller", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 303-314, 2015. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2015.6.5.303
- T. S. Jeong, "A Studies on the Effect of the Mediating Variable Affecting the Business Performance in the TPM Activity", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 1, pp. 197-203, 2016. https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.1.197
- I. O. Jeon, "Convergence Held technology commercialization Effects on Performance", Journal of Digital Convergenc. Vol.13, No.8, pp.101-112, 2015.
- M. Y. Kang, I. O. Jeon, "Effect of Small and Medium-sized Enterprises' Technological Competitiveness and Technology Marketing on Commercialization Performance", Journal of Digital Convergenc. Vol.11, No.12, pp.213-227, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.213
- J. W. Eo, S. J. Jeong, H. Han, Y. J. Choi, The Information Support Strategy for Global Technology Commercialization of SME by Analysis of the Global Technology Commercialization Programs, Journal of IT Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 2, No. 2, pp.27-34, 2012.
- Science and Technology Policy Institute, "Analysis and comparision of research and development system in Germany and Ksorea", STEPI Insight, 166, Science and Technology Policy Institute, 2015
- Science and Technology Policy Institute, "Promotion of technology commercialization of university and research institute", STEPI Insight, 123, Science and Technology Policy Institute, 2013.
- J. B. Park, Y. N. Cho, S. K. Lee, Y. Y. Sung, Y. K. Kwon, "Promoting Technology Commercialization in the Korean", 2011.
- Y. H. Kim, H. K. Park, "The secret of success on the Steinweiss Foundation that is technology transfer leader in Germany", POSCO Research Institute, 2014.
- M. W. Lin, B. Bozeman, "Researchers' industry experience and productivity in university-industry research centers: A "scientific and technical human capital" explanation", The Journal of Technology Transfer, Vol.31, No.2, pp.269-290, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10961-005-6111-2
- R.Van Dierdonck, K. Debackere, B. Engelen, "University-industry relationships: How does the Belgian academic community feel about it?". Research Policy, Vol.19, No.6, pp.551-566, 1990. https://doi.org/10.1016/0048-7333(90)90012-U
- P. D'Este, P. Patel, "University-industry linkages in the UK: What are the factors underlying the variety of interactions with industry?", Research Policy, Vol.36, No.9, pp.1295-1313, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.respol.2007.05.002
- K. S. Kim, "Causal Links from Innovative Activities to Financial Performance in Korean Manufacturing Firms: Mediating Effects of Innovative and Operational Performance", Journal of Technology Innovation, Vol.17, No.1, pp.146-173, 2014.
- A. Agresti, "Logit models for multinomial responses", Categorical Data Analysis, Second Edition, pp.267-313, 2003.
- C. A. Mertler, A. Vannatta. Rachel, "Advanced and multivariate statistical methods", Routledge, 2001.
- G. H. Dunteman, M. H. R. Ho, "An introduction to generalized linear models", Chapman and Hall, 2006.
- D. N. Gujarati, D. Porter, "Basic Econometrics", Mc Graw-Hill International Edition, 2009.
- P. Jong, G. Z. Heller, " Generalized linear models for insurance data (Vol. 136)", Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2008.
- R. M. Baron, D. A. Kenny, "The moderator-mediator variable distinction in social psychological research: Conceptual, strategic, and statistical considerations", Journal of personality and social psychology, Vol.51, No.6, p.1173, 1986. https://doi.org/10.1037/0022-35188.8.131.523
- L. Van Dyne, J. W. Graham, R. M. Dienesch, "Organizational citizenship behavior: Construct redefinition, measurement, and validation", Academy of management Journal, Vol.37, No.4, pp.765-802, 1994. https://doi.org/10.2307/256600