- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Effects of Job Characteristics and Empowerment on Job satisfaction of ERP System Users of Small/Medium Businesses
중소기업의 ERP시스템 사용자의 직무특성과 임파워먼트가 직무만족에 미치는 영향
- Received : 2017.02.01
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study analyzed the effects of job characteristics and empowerment on job satisfaction of ERP system users of small/medium manufacturing & service businesses. In the results of analysis, the detailed factors of job characteristics such as efficiency, authority delegation, and complexity were significant influence factors on ERP users' job satisfaction while the factors of empowerment such as task impact, self-determination, and task meaning had positive effects on users' job satisfaction. However, competence did not have positive effects on job satisfaction. The results of this study showed that most of the ERP system users of small/medium businesses were satisfied with their own jobs.
ERP system;Job characteristics;Empowerment;Job satisfaction;Efficiency;Authority Delegation
- Lee, Chang Hee, "The study of prove the impact of factors to introduction on the ERP system: Enterprise mainly on the manufacturing companies to accept the production management module", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School of Seoul National University, 2003.
- Lee, Seung Chang, "Since the introduction of the ERP system, for ERP effective the change management: the view point of the Information capacity", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School of Yeon-Se University, 2004.
- Hodge, B. J., Anthony, W. P. and Gales, L. M., Organization theory: "A strategic approach, Sixth Edition, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Prentice Hall", 2003.
- Oh, Sang Eun, "A Study on Mediating Role of Organizational Cynicism in the Relationship between Job Characteristics and Double Commitment of Airline Employees", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Kyeong-Gi University, 2010.
- Bea, Soung Hyun, "Relationship between Job Characteristics Factors and Job Commitment and Organizational Commitment", Young-Nam University Institute of Industrial Economics, 9, pp. 101-127, 2001.
- Kim, Hak Su, Wown, Sang Soon, "A Study on the Effects of Individual and Job Characteristics on Collaborative Behavior: Mediating Effects of Psychological Empowerment and Personality-Coordination effect of organizational values and collectivist values", Management Research, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp.183-220, 2009.
- Ko, Hyeon Cheol, "A Study on the Dual Commitment of R & D Organization Members: Focusing on Organizational Commitment and Career Commitment", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Yeon-Se University, 2003.
- Soo, Kwong Seop, "An Empirical Analysis on the Commitment of Government Employees", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Jeon-Ju University, 1998.
- Park, Myeong Ho, "The effect of change of job characteristics on the wage level following the introduction of ERP", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Dong-Kuk University, 2007.
- Sims, B. J., "Servant-hood: leadership for the group effectiveness, the Wharton school, the wharton of pennsylvania", 1997.
- Hong, Wyan Ki, "Relationship between Transformational Leadership, Empowerment and Innovation Behavior in SMEs", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Sang-Ji University,, 2015.
- Kim, Young Hak, "Mediation effect of empowerment and superior trust in relationship between servant leadership and organizational commitment", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Young-Nam University, 2010.
- Koo, Hyeong Il, "The Effects of Self-Leadership on the Quality of Service in Medical Institutions: Focusing on Mediating Effects of Psychological Empowerment and Organizational Citizenship Behavior", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Ul-San University, 2011.
- Thomas, K. W. and Velthouse, B. "A., Cognitive elements of empowerment: An Interpretive model of intrinsic task motivation", Academy of management review, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 666-681, 1990.
- Seon Book Ryeon, "The Effect of Principal's Servant Leadership on Teacher's Psychological Empowerment Level and Job Satisfaction", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Cheong-Ju University, 2010.
- Kwan, Kyeong Ja, "Impact of Social Worker's Nursing Facility on Job Satisfaction", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Dea-Ku University, 2011.
- Woo, Seong Keun, Kim, Hyeon Joo, Ryu, Young Hyeon, "A Study on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment according to Employment Type of Hotel Employees", Hotel Resort Casino Research, Vol. 6, No. 1, pp. 55-68, 2007.
- Yu, Hee Ja, Whang Jin Suk, "Relationship between Job Characteristics, Organizational Commitment, and Job Satisfaction of Fashion Industry Employees" Korea Design Forum, 37, pp. 131-142, 2012.
- Kim, Yeon Seon. "Effects of Self-Leadership on Teamwork, Self- Efficacy, Job Satisfaction, Organizational Commitment, and Job Performance", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Se-Jong University, 2008.
- Soon, Tea Won. "Current Status and Tasks of Research on Creativity-Oriented Organizational Behavior", Knowledge Management Research, Vol. 6, No. 2, pp. 1-26, 2000.
- Kim, Seong Kuk, Organizational and human behavior, Seoul: Myeong Kyeong Sa, 2008.
- Barling, J., E. K. Kelloway and D. I. Roderick, "High-quality work, job satisfaction and occupational injuries", Journal of Applied Psychology, 88(2), pp. 276-283, 2003. https://doi.org/10.1037/0021-9010.88.2.276
- Park, Young Bea, Joo, Soo, "Job Characteristics, Control Locations, and the Effect of Their Suitability and Non-conformity on Job Satisfaction", Human Resources Development Research, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 231-259, 1999.
- Lee, Min Young, "A Study on the Effects of Job Characteristics and Organizational Culture on Job Satisfaction", Master Thesis, Graduate School, Han-Seong University, Master Thesis, 2011.
- Lee, Gyu Hong, "A Study on the Effects of Job Characteristics and Organizational Culture on Job Satisfaction", Graduate School, Kyeong-Hee University Master Thesis, 2015.
- Jeong Dea Young, Joo, Cheol Ho, "The Effects of LMX-based Empowerment on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment: Focusing on Elderly Care Facilities in Daegu and Gyeongbuk", The Korean Society of Business Administration, Vol. 23, No. 5, pp. 2353-2375, 2010.
- Spreitzer, G. M., "Psychological Empowerment In The Workplace: Dimensions, measurement and Validation", Academy of management Journal, 38(5), pp. 1442-1465, 1995. https://doi.org/10.2307/256865
- Ryeo, Ho Keun, Park, Kyeong Tea, "The effect of boss's transformational leadership on employee empowerment and organizational commitment in cooking job", Korea Culinary Institute, Vol. 14, No. 4, pp. 427-440, 2008.
- Kwon, Hyeok Gi, Park, Bong Gyu, "The Influence of Transformational Leadership and Self-Efficacy on Job Satisfaction: Mediating Effect of Job Commitment and Organizational Commitment", Human Resource Management Research, Vol. 17, No. 2, pp, 203-219, 2010.
- Byeon, Mi Hee, "A Study on Servant Leadership on Employees' Empowerment and Customer Orientation - Focused on the Moderating Effect of Social Support-", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Kyeong-Gi University, 2014.
- Lee, Mi Young, "The Effect of Supervisor's Leadership and Peer Support on Job Satisfaction of Emotional Workers: Focused on K Company Call Center Counselors", Graduate School, Korea University Master Thesis, 2014.
- Spector, P. E., Cooper, C. L., Sanchez, J. I., O'Driscoll,. "DoNational levels of Individualism and Internal locus of Control Relate to Well-being An Ecological level International Study", Journal of Organizational Behavior, 22(8), pp. 815-832, 2001. https://doi.org/10.1002/job.118
- Jeong, Kyeon Mi. "The Effect of Intermediate Manager Communication Capability on Job Satisfaction and Organizational Commitment", Ph.D. Dissertation, Graduate School, Dea-Ku University, 2012.