- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study of a New Direction of Internet Addiction Convergence Policy through the New Institutionalism's Point of View
신제도론의 관점에서 본 인터넷 중독 융합정책의 새로운 방향에 대한 연구
- Koh, Young-Sam (Dept. of Digital Culture, National Information Society Agency)
- 고영삼 (한국정보화진흥원 디지털문화본부)
- Received : 2017.01.22
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This study investigates the problems resulting from the Internet addiction policy management in South Korea and discusses a direction for rational policies by developing a system that facilitates interactive discussions among interest individuals and groups. The Korean society has experienced conflicts of interests among the government, the private sector and civil society in the policy. In addition, heightened competition among government ministries has led the Internet addiction policy management to be susceptible to how citizens respond to the claims of interested parties, thereby having the rationality of the policy management less count. To address these issues, this study investigates the current Internet addiction policy and explores the potential of new governance from a perspective of new institutionalism. This study suggests that the system of the Internet addiction policy should be restructured to transfer control over the policy from the central to local government and develop governance centered on the consensus of the government, the private sector, and civil society.
Internet Addiction;Internet over-Dependency;Governance;Convergence;ICT Policy;new Institutionalism
- Y. S. Koh, "A Reflective Study of the Dilemmas in the Digital Addiction Policy of Korea. NY: Nova Science Publishers, Inc", pp. 71-91, 2016.
- M.S. Yoon, "The Current Situation and Developmental Direction of Korean Addiction Service Delivery System." Mental Health & Social Work, Vol. 35, pp. 234-266, 2010.
- Y. S. Koh, "The issue of Internet Addiction counseling and policy, Seoul : Sigma Press", pp. 229-250, 2015.
- B. R. Bae, "Integrated model of Institutional Theory." Conference Paper of The Korean Assocition For Public Administration, 1998.12, pp. 237-252, 1998.
- Meyer, John W. & Brian Rowan, "Institutionalized Organizations: Formal Structure as Myth and Ceremony." American Journal of Sociology, Vol. 83, pp. 340-363, 1977. https://doi.org/10.1086/226550
- J. S. Kim, "The Administrative Significance of New Institutionalism: Focused on Historical New Institutionalism." Journal of Science, Vol. 13, pp. 59-82, 2002
- B. R. Bae, "The Theory of Organization Environment and New Institutionalism. In Y. D. Jang etc. (Eds.), New Institutionalism Research, Seoul: Daeyoung Pub", 1999.
- C. H. Choi, "The Theory of Organization Sociology and New Institutionalism. In Y. D. Jang etc. (Eds.), New Institutionalism Research, Seoul: Daeyoung Pub", 1999.
- C. E. Perrow, "Complex Organization: A Critical Essay, 3rd ed., NY: Random House", 1986.
- P. Dimaggio, and W. W. Powell, "The Iron Cage Revisited: Institutional Isomorphism and Collective Rationality in Organizational Fields." American Sociological Review, Vol. 48, pp. 147-160, 1983. https://doi.org/10.2307/2095101
- J, S, Kim & Y, S, Kim, "New-Institutional Approach on the Relation of NGO and Government." KOREAN SOCIETY AND PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION, 14(1), pp. 21-45, 2003.
- Young-Sam, Koh. "The Korean National Policy for Internet Addiction. In M. Reuter, C. Montag (Eds.), Internet Addiction: Neuroscientific Approaches, Springer Pub", pp. 219-233, 2014.
- Ministry of Science, ICT and Future Planning and National Information Society Agency, "A survey on internet addiction." NIAV-RER-14112, http://www.iapc.or.kr, 2016.
- J. M. Cho, "A Study of the Government's Regulation Policy and Role on the Internet Addiction of Adolescents, Digital Addiction Research Society, In Digital Addiction Research Forum (Eds.), Internet Addiction Counseling and Policy Issues, Seoul: Sigma Press", pp. 253-272, 2015.
- S. O. Jang, H. S. Jeon, "A Stuy on the Condition of Prevention System and Convergence Policy for Smart Media Addiction." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No. 8, pp. 33-41, 2015.
- DOI : http://cafe.daum.net/cleanmedia
- J. S. Kim, T. Y. Lee, T. G. Kim, H. W. Jung, "Studies on the development scheme and the current state of Korea Game Industry." Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 13, No 1, pp. 439-447, 2015.
- M. J. Yeon, K. Y. Kim, M. S. Lee, J. Y. Hong, S. H. Bae, H. J. Hwang, "A Comparison Study on the Internet Addiction and Health Problems of Middle School Students between Urban and Rural Area." Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 1, No. 1, pp. 41-47, 2010.