- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
An Analysis of the Relationship between Public Opinion on Social Bigdata and Results after Implementation of Public Policies: A Case Study in 'Welfare' Policy
소셜 빅데이터 기반 공공정책 국민의견 수렴과 정책 시행 이후 결과 관계 분석: '복지' 정책 사례를 중심으로
- Kim, Tae-Young (Graduate School of Archives and Records Management, Chonbuk National Universtity) ;
- Kim, Yong (Department of Information Science, Chonbuk National Universtity) ;
- Oh, Hyo-Jung (Graduate School of Archives and Records Management, Chonbuk National Universtity)
- Received : 2017.01.02
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
Horizon scanning that one of the methods for future prediction is adaptable way of establishing the policy strategy based on big data. This study aims to understand the social problems scientifically utilized horizon scanning technique, and contribute to public policy formulation based on scanning analysis. In this paper, we proposed a public opinion framework for public policy based on social bigdata, and then confirmed the feasibility this framework by analysis of the relationship between public opinion and results after implementation of public policy. Consequently, based on the analysis, we also drew implications of policy formulation about 'free childcare for under 5-years of age' as an object of study. The method that collects public opinion is very important to effective policy establishment and make contribution to constructing national response systems for social development.
Social Bigdata;Horizon Scanning;Welfare Policy;Free Childcare Policy;Digital Convergence
Supported by : 한국연구재단
- National Information Society Agency, "Planning Scientific Policy of Data Evidence-Based. Seoul: National Information Society Agency", 2015.
- H. J. Han and J. Y. Lee, "Identifying Emerging Issues in the Water Resource Management: Using Horizon Scanning. Sejong: Korea Environment Institute", 2015.
- Y. S. Jeong, "Business Process Model for Efficient SMB using Big Data", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp.11-16, 2015.
- Y. B. Cho, S. H. Lee, and S. H. Woo, "In Snall and Medium Business the Government 3.0-based Big Data Utilization Policy", Journal of Convergence Society for SMB, Vol. 3, No. 1, pp.15-22, 2013.
- K. H. Kim, "A Study on the Analysis of Consumer Convergence Preferences for Healthcare Information Service in Social Media", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 5, pp. 181-188, 2016.
- Y. S. Ching, R. K. Park, and J. M Kim, "Study on predictive modeling of Incidence of Traffic Accidents caused by Weather Conditions", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp. 9-15, 2014.
- M. S. Lee, C. H. Lee and J. Y. Kim, "Big Data Analysis on Demands for Environmental Policies. Seoul: Korea Environment Institute", 2014.
- T. M. Song et. al., "Forecasting of Low Fertility Policies Based on Social Big Data. Sejong: Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs", 2015.
- M. H. Jang and Y. I. Yoon, "Research into Changes in Government Policies and Public Perceptions on Camping via Analyses of Big Data from Social Media." Korean Journal of Tourism Research, Vol. 31, No. 1, pp. 91-112, 2016.
- J. H. Yang, "A Study on the Effect of Contextual Factors on Entrepreneurial Intention of Korean University Students." Management Education Review, Vol. 30, No. 1, pp. 25-45, 2015.
- C. H. Lee, et. al., "Social WISDOM: A Issue Detection/Monitoring System." Proc. the 38th Conference of the Korea Information Processing, Vol. 19, No. 2, pp. 431-434, 2012.
- T. I. Kim, "The Relationship between Welfare Spending and National Debt : Analysis of OECD Countries and its Implications for Korea." Critical Social Policy, No. 35, pp. 7-46, 2012.
- M. H. Lee et. al, "A Study on the Direction of Childcare Policy after Implementation of Free Childcare Policy. Seoul: Korea Institute of Child Care and Education", 2014.
- N. G. Choi, "Free Childcare, What is Problem?", http://www.domin.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=978124 (October 04, 2016)