- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Diagnosis of Organizational Culture: Focused on Public Institutions
조직문화에 대한 진단: 공공기관을 중심으로
- Lee, Hyangsoo (Dept. of Public Administration, Konkuk University) ;
- Lee, Seong-Hoon (Dept. of Economics, Korea University)
- Received : 2016.12.03
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
Organizational culture provides organizational members with identity, homogeneity and behavioral guidance, and promotes organizational commitment and enhances the stability of social systems. What organizational culture positively influences organizational performance? In this study, we tried to categorize organizational culture as creativity, change, cooperation, trust and knowledge sharing for specific public institutions and to diagnose the organizational culture by examining the level of recognition of the organizational members. The purpose of this study is to investigate the effect of organizational culture on organizational culture. The result of this study shows that the degree of future - oriented and cooperative culture of the public institutions that are the subject of research is not so high. In order to improve the performance of the organization, it is necessary to create a futuristic and cooperative culture. In order to create such a culture, various efforts must be made to continuously communicate and build trust among the members of the organization. In particular, leadership efforts to distribute, transfer, and trust authority to subordinates are a priority. In other words, it is very difficult to build a future-oriented, collaborative culture successfully without the efforts of managers.
Organizational Culture;Creativity;Change;Cooperation;Trust;Knowledge Sharing
Supported by : Konkuk University
- A. M. Pettigrew, "On studying organizational cultures", Administrative Science Quarterly, Vol. 24, No. 4, 570-581, 1979. https://doi.org/10.2307/2392363
- T. A. Deal, & A. A. Kennedy, "Corporate culture", MA: Addison-Wesley. 1982.
- H. J. Lee, "Establishment requirements of desirable organizational culture", https://www.haygroup.com/kr/press/details.aspx?id=27721
- Y. K. Shin, "Report - Establishing the current status and direction of corporate culture in Korea", Petroleum Association of Korea, 1993.
- E. H. Schein, "Organizational Culture and Leadership", Jossey-Bass A Wiley Imprint, 2004
- M. S. Park, "A Study on the Effect of Corporate Culture Development Activities on Organizational Performance", Human Resource Management, Vol. 13, No. 2: 69-86, 2006.
- W.W. Park & J. Y. Seong, "A Review of the Studies on the Relationship between Organizational Culture and Organizational Performance", Labor Relations Research, Vol. 18, 2008.
- G. G. Gordon & N. DiTomaso, "Redicting Corporate Performance from Organizational Culture", Journal of Management Studies, Vol. 29: 783-798, 1992. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1467-6486.1992.tb00689.x
- D. R. Denison.& A. K. Mishra, "Toward a Theory of Orgazational Culture and Effectiveness, Organization Science", Vol. 6: 204-233, 1995. https://doi.org/10.1287/orsc.6.2.204
- P. N. Khandwalla, "The design of organizations", New York: Harcourt Brace, 1977.
- J. S. Ko, "An Effect of Person-Organization Fit and Self Esteem to Organizational Performance", Management Education Research, Vol.80 No, 2013
- D. R. Denison, "Bringing Corporate Culture to the Bottom Line", Organizational Dynamics, Vol. 13, No. 2: 5-22, 1984.
- M. J. Hatch, & M. Schultzl, "The Dynamics of Organizational Identity", Human Relations, Vol. 55: 989-1018, 2002. https://doi.org/10.1177/0018726702055008181
- S. Beugelsdijk, C. I. Koen, N. G. Noorderhaven "Organizational Culture and Relationship Skills" , Organization Studies(June 1; 833-854), Vol. 27, No. 6, 2006 https://doi.org/10.1177/0170840606064099
- S. K. Lee, D. J. Lee & S. H. Jang, "A Study on influence of R&D Organizational Culture to Organizational Performance: mediating effects of Trust", Journal of Digital Convergence , Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.145-163 , 2011.
- Y. J. Kim, H. J. Joo & K. K. Park, "A Study on the Component Factors of Innovation Brand to build Organizational Culture of Government Ministries", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 6, No. 4, pp.25-34, 2008.
- H. S. Lee & S. H. Lee, "Impact on Internalization of Management Strategy in Public Organization", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 14, No. 5, 2016.
- L. Prusak, "Knowledge in Organizations", Butterworth-Heinemann. 1997.
- S. K. Lee, D. J. Lee & S. H. Jang, "A Study on influence of R&D Organizational Culture to Organizational Performance: mediating effects of Trust", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 9, No. 3, pp.145-163 , 2011.
- S. K. Lee & Y. H. Lee, "A Study on the relationship between leadership styles and job attitude : Oranizational support as a Mediator", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol. 5, No. 1, pp.17-25, 2007.
- S. Choi and D. Kim, "Analysis of the impact relationship between business culture's type and creating performance of convergence corporate", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.13, no.8, pp.169-176, 2015.
- H. Yoon, Y. Lee, K. S. Park, "Management Performance and Announcement Effect of Seasoned Equity Offering", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.11, no.2, pp.101-114, 2013. https://doi.org/10.14400/JDPM.2013.11.12.101
- J. Park, H. Lee, C. Cho, and J. Lee, "Client Relationship Proneness, Trust, Commitment and Reuse Intention in IT Services", Journal of Digital Convergence, Vol.10, no.9, pp.137-149, 2012.
- Sang-Hyun Lee, "A Study on the Effect of Reverse Logistics Capability on Profits and Collaboration Satisfaction", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 4, No. 4, pp. 1-5, 2013.
- Soon-Duck Cho, Seong-Eun Heo, Deog Hwan Moon, "A Convergence Study on the Hospital Nurse's Perception of Patient Safety Culture and Safety Nursing Activity", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7 No. 1, pp. 125-136, 2016.