- Volume 15 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Development of Social Services through Analysis of Service Cases for Children and Older Citizens
사회서비스 사례분석 및 발전방안 -아동 및 노인서비스를 중심으로-
- Han, Jeong-Won (Dept. of Aging and Social Work, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Bae, Hwa-Sook (Dept. of Social Welfare and Counselling, Catholic University of Pusan) ;
- Lim, Hong-Tak (Busan Institute of S&T Evaluation and Planning)
- Received : 2016.10.04
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
Since 2000, Korean Society has developed social service program, facing the increasing social needs. With the semi-public goods' factor, social service has shown the original limitation in the private market. This paper analyses social services for children and older citizens in 6 metro cities, exploring the current condition and limitation. Program were collected through research institute and metro city's social service support groups. Analysis shows that most cities have similar programs without reflecting regional specialty. Therefore, the diverse and expanded supply of social services, professional service providers, reflection of regional specialty, easier accessibility of services are suggested. More participation of users in the process of program decision-making process and networking of service providers are also proposed.
Social Services;Service for Older Citizens;Service for Children;Voucher;User-friendly
- J. W. Lee, "Development Process and Revitalization Agenda for Social Service Policy", The Korean Association for Local Government Studies, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp. 333-359, 2012.
- Y. J. Yoon, Social Service Policy. Seoul: Nanum Press, 2011.
- Korea Economy Institute, Economy & Older Life, 2014.
- J. W. Lee, "Social Service Supply System and Subjective Role", Tendency and Vision, Vol. 82, pp.85-112, 2011.
- Y. D. Kim, Condition and Task of the Current Social Services. Korean Development Institute, 2011.
- E. J. Kim, "The Current Situation and Policy", Korean Society and Administration Study, Vol.24, No.1, pp.111-136, 2013.
- W. J. Kim, "Community Service through the Development of Health-Welfare Intermediation", Korean Administration Society, Vol. 26, No. 2, pp.245-260, 2012.
- J. K. Kim, D. H. Park & O. H. Ahn, "The Care Giving Burden of Primary Caregiver based on Nursing Needs of Long-term Care Insurance Grade", Journal of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp.7-16, 2014.
- S. K. Park, Development Strategy of Social Service, Ministry of Health and Welfare, 2013.
- J. E. Seok, "Improvement Way of Long-term care policy from the supply perspective", Health & Welfare Forum, No. 128, pp.34-44. 2010.
- S. Tobin & R. Toseland, "Model of Services for Elderly", Handbook of Gerontological Services, New York: Nostrand Reinhold, 1990.
- C. S. Kim, "Long-term Care Facilities' Condition and Human Capitals", Health and Welfare Forum, pp. 10-15, 2010.
- W. Kim, M. H. Kim, M. Shin & K. Sim, "A Study on the Satisfaction of Health Examination for National Health Insurance Service", Journal of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 5, No. 3, pp. 1-8, 2013.
- J. Y. Park, "Convergence Factors among their Physical State, Function and Activities Influencing on the Cognition of Elderly Residents in a Community", Journal of the Korean Convergence Society, Vol. 6, No. 6, pp. 153-162, 2015.
- J. W. Han, "Development of Daycare Center for Senior Users as Community-cohesive Facility", KoreanVision", Welfare Tendency, 2011.
- Y. J. Kim, "Issue, Supply Path, Improvement of Korean Social Services", Health and Social Welfare Review, Vol. 32, No. 2, pp.41-76, 2012. https://doi.org/10.15709/hswr.2012.32.2.41
- H. T. Lim, "Creativity of People and User-friendly Innovation", Technology Innovation, Vol. 22, No.3, pp. 135-166. 2013.