- Volume 8 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
Convergence Study about Relationship between Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude, and Confidence to Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
간호대학생의 영아심폐소생술에 대한 지식, 태도, 수행자신감 관계에 대한 융합연구
- Received : 2017.01.31
- Accepted : 2017.03.20
- Published : 2017.03.28
This cross-sectional descriptive study about convergence study was conducted to identify nursing students' level of knowledge, attitude, and confidence and their relationship with infant cardiopulmonary resuscitation. To measure nursing students' level of knowledge, attitude, and confidence in infant CPR, a structured questionnaire survey was used. The number of participants was 151 nursing students from 3 universities in Korea. To analyse the data, t-test, ANOVA and Peason's correlation coefficients were applied on SPSS 21.0. This research results showed a positive correlation between Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude, and Confidence to Infant Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation. Therefore, it is suggested to develop a regular and repetitive education program for nursing students' infant CPR.
Convergence;Infant Cardiopulmonary resuscitation(Infant CPR);Knowledge;Attitude;Confidence
- Korean Association of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitations, Life-rescuing cardiopulmonary resuscitations (2nd ed.). Seoul: Koonja. 2011a, March.
- J. S. Lee, "The Research For The Application Status of Basic CPR and AED by The Hospital Nurse". Unpublished master dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul. 2006.
- C. B, Park, S. D, Shin, G. J, Suh, K. O. Ahn, W. C. Cha, K. J. Song, et al. "Pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest in Korea: A nationwide population-based study". Resuscitation, vol. 81, pp. 512-517, 2010. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2009.11.022
- J. Y. Joung, Emergency and first position. Seoul: Koonjapub. 2007.
- J. Y. Kim, W. S. An, J. D. Park, J. H. Park, Y. J. Im, B. M. Ham, "The Current Status of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation in Korean University Hospitals". Education. Korean Journal of Anesthesiology, vol. 47, No 4, pp. 553-558. 2004. https://doi.org/10.4097/kjae.2004.47.4.553
- J. Y. Kim, S. S. Jun, D. H. Kim, S. S. Choi, "Knowledge and Attitude Toward BLS and Provided CPR Education among Nurses at General Wards in Pusan". The Journal of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 15, No 2. pp. 143-152, 2008.
- C. W. Park, T. G. Ok, J. H. ,Cho, S. W. Cheon, S. Y. Lee, S. E. Kim, K. H. Choi, J. H. Bae, J. Y. Seo, H. C. Ahn, M. E. Ahn, "A Study of the effectiveness of CPR training to the personnel of nursing department in the hospital". Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, vol. 15, No 4, pp. 474-480. 2005. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2009.11.022 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2009.11.022
- Marzooq H, Lyneham J, "Cardiopulmonary resuscitation knowledge among nurses working in Bahrain". International Journal of Nursing Practice, vol. 15, pp. 294-302, 2009. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1440-172X.2009.01752.x
- Lopez-Herce J, Garcia, C, Dominguez P, Rodriguez-Nunez A, Carrillo A., Calvo C., et al, "Outcome of out-of-hospital cardiorespiratory arrest in children". Pediatric Emergency Care, vol 21, No12. pp. 807-815, 2005. https://doi.org/10.1097/01.pec.0000190230.43104.a8
- S. H. Yun, K. M. Lee, J. H. Kim, J. S. Kim, J. H. Paik,, H, Kim, et al, "Outcome of pediatric out-of-hospital cardiac arrest". Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, vol. 18, No. 3, pp. 202-210, 2007.
- Y. J, Yang, I. S. Kwon, "Nursery Teachers' Knowledge, Attitude and Performance Ability in Cardio- pulmonary Resuscitation", Korean Academy of Chind Health Nursing, 20, No. 4, pp. 304-313, 2014.
- The National Institute of The Korean Language, Standard korean dictionary. Seoul: The National Institute of The Korean Language, 2008.
- Nagashima K,, Takahata O,, Fujimoto K, Suzuk A, Iwasaki H, "Ivestigation on nurses' knowledge of and experience in cardiojpulmonary resuscitation and on Nurses' knowledge of the guidelines for cardiopulmonary resusciation and emergency cardiovascular care established in 2000: Results of a survey at Asahikawa Medical College Hospital". Masui, vol. 52, No 4, pp. 427-430. 2003.
- Makinen M, Aune S, Niemi-Murola L, Herlitz J, Varpula T, Nurmi J, Axelsson A. B, Thoren A. B, Castren M, "Assessment of CPR-D skills of nurses in Goteborg, Sweden and Espoo, Finland: Teaching laedership makes a difference". Resuscitation, vol. 72, No 2, pp. 264-26, 2007. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.resuscitation.2006.06.032
- S. Y. Yoo, J. A. Yu, "A Study on Knowledge, Compe-tence, and Actual Performance of Nursing Officersin Performing Cardiopulmonary Resuscita-tion". Gunjin Nursing Research, vol. 29, No. 1, pp. 65-80. 2011.
- H. Y. Cho, "Analysis of Nurses' Attitude toward Basic Life Support and Influencing Factors". Unpublished master dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul, 2008.
- H. S. Kim, M. S. Kim, H. M. Park, "Analysis of Nursing Students' Knowledge, Attitude and Ability to Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation". Journal of Korean Academy of Fundamentals of Nursing, vol. 16, No 4, pp. 430-437. 2009.
- J. H. Park, J. H. Ha, "The effect of infant-child CPR education for early childhood education students' CPR knowledge, attitude and self-efficacy". Journal of the Korean Society of Emergency Medicine, vol. 215, No 5,, pp. 520-528, 2014.
- Korean Association of Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitations, Korean association of cardiopulmonary resuscitations 2011 guidelines for CPR. Seoul: Author. 2011b, May.
- J. W. Oh, "Knowledge of The Infant CPR at Pediatric Wards". forthcoming. 2016.
- H. O. Choi, "A study on knowledge and competence of nursesin performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation". Unpublished master dissertation, Yonsei University, Seoul. 2006
- S. H. Oh, J. J. Sun, S. H. Kim, "The Effect of CPR Clinical Training in Nursing Students's Knowledge and Practical Ability". Journal of Korean Academy of Public Health Nursing, vol. 23, No 2, pp. 153-161, 2009.
- Madden C, "Undergraduate nursing students' acquisition and retention of CPR knowledge and skills". Nurse Education Today, vol. 26, pp. 218-227, 2006. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nedt.2005.10.003
- A. Y. Seung, "Convergence Analysis of Factors Influencing the End-of-life Care Attitude in Undergraduate Nursing Students'. Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 141-154, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.141 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.141
- J. H. Park, "The Effects of Clinical Convergence Self-directedness Practice Learning Program on Self-directedness and Competency in Fundamental Nursing Skills in Undergraduate Nursing Students",Journal of the Korea Convergence Society Vol. 7. No. 4, pp. 51-58, 2016. http://dx.doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.051 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.051
- S. E. Heo, "Convergence Study on Major Satisfaction and Academic Achievement Depending on the Characteristics of Community Service Experience in University Students", Journal of the Korea Convergence Society, Vol. 7, No. 4, pp. 85-96, 2016. DOI: https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.085 https://doi.org/10.15207/JKCS.2016.7.4.085
- Dwyer, T, "Psychological factors inhibit family member's confidence to initiate CPR". Prehospital Emergency Care, vol. 12, pp.157-161, 2008. https://doi.org/10.1080/10903120801907216
- J. A. Park, K. J. Park, L. H. Jin, "The Meaning of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Experienced By Nurses". Qualitative Research, 11, No. 2, pp. 134-145, 2010.