- Volume 66 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
A Study on Electrical Properties of Insulating Materials for Eco-friendly Distribution Power Cables (I)
친환경 배전급 전력케이블용 절연재료의 전기적 특성에 관한 연구 (I)
- Lee, June-Ho (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Hoseo Univ.) ;
- Kim, Chul-Ho (Dept. of Electrical Eng., Hoseo Univ.) ;
- Cho, Young-Chul (KEPRI, KEPCO) ;
- Lee, Moon-Seok (Huinnovation Co. Ltd.)
- Received : 2017.01.17
- Accepted : 2017.02.07
- Published : 2017.03.01
The cross-linked polyethylene(XLPE) has been most widely used for the power cable insulating layer because of its outstanding properties such as electrical and mechanical properties. However, XLPE is unrecyclable when disposed after replacement and demolishing because it becomes thermosetting through cross-linked process. Recently, because of growing social awareness of recycling and eco-friendly, there is growing need for the development of recyclable insulating materials that can replace XLPE. Therefore, the purpose of this study is to compare the electrical properties of XLPE and recyclable thermoplastic insulating materials. To this end, we compared and analyzed the electrical properties of XLPE and group N2 through AC breakdown test, accelerated water treeing test and accelerated life test(ALT).
Supported by : 한국전력공사
- J. H. Lee, "Water Tree Retardation Phenomena in XLPE by EVA Blending", Ph. D. Thesis, Seoul National Univ., 1992.
- S. M. Cho, "Effect of Water Tree Growth on Electrical Characteristics of XLPE", Master Thesis, Hoseo Univ., 1997.
- K. H. Kwon, "A Study on Reliability Improvement of Life Assessment of Polymeric Insulators for Eco-friendly Power Cable", Master Thesis, Hoseo Uinv., 2012.
- S. J. Kim, "A Study on Electrical Properties of Polymeric Insulating Materials for Eco-friendly Power Cable", Master Thesis, Hoseo Univ., 2012
- J. H. Lee, et al, "AC Breakdown Characteristics and Space Charge Distribution of Water Tree Degraded XLPE" Trans. KIEE. Vol 47, No. 5, pp. 673-678, 1998.
- J. H. Lee, et al, "A Study on Electric Properties and Accelerated Water Tree Degradation of Environmental - friendly Non-crosslinked Polyethylene", Trans. KIEE. Vol. 61, No. 6, pp. 827-832, 2012.
- Y. C. Cho, et al, "A Study on Accelerated Life Test of Insulators for Eco-friendly Power Cable using McKeown Electrode System", KIEE, Prod. of Summer Conf, DHO-10, pp. 76, 2014.
- Y. C. Cho, et al., "The Characteristics of Water Treeing and ALT on Non-crosslinked Insulators for Eco-friendly Power Cable", KIEE, Society of Electrophysics & Applications, Proc. of Fall Conf., pp 50-51, 2014.
- Y. C. Cho, et al., "The Electrical Properties of Noncrosslinked Polymeric Insulators for Developing Ecofriendly Power Cable" IEEJ 2-074, pp. 90, 2015.