- Volume 18 Issue 2
DOI QR Code
A pilot study on SOC information system for SOC report card writing support
국내 SOC 리포트카드 작성 지원을 위한 SOC 정보시스템 시범 구축 연구
- Jang, Youn-Mi (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology) ;
- Hong, Chang-Hee (Korea Institute of Civil Engineering and Building Technology)
- Received : 2016.11.23
- Accepted : 2017.02.03
- Published : 2017.02.28
Along with economic growth in the 1970s, the nation's economy, railroads, and airports have soared, but the facilities have been aging for 30 years. The aging SOC lowers the national competitiveness and threatens the safety of the people. SOC is a key asset of the national life and economic activity, and is a key factor for evaluating the national competitiveness. Therefore, it is necessary to systematically manage and operate the SOC related to people's lives. In the USA, the SOC report card is issued regularly. Those reports are used as a basis for securing budgets. In Korea, facilities management institutions are different. Therefore, there is no integrated SOC monitoring system. Hence, this study developed a 'SOC information system' that can collect reports scattered throughout the country and support report cards. The demonstration system was implemented through the web and the feasibility of implementing the evaluation support system was confirmed. The collection distributed SOC data should be supported by national policy. Although it takes a long time, it is necessary to improve national competitiveness and public safety.
Grant : SOC리포트카드 및 안전시스템 전략개발(2/2)-ICT
Supported by : 한국건설기술연구원
- Newspim, SOC is older but budget remains intact, http://www.newspim.com/news/view/20160913000349?c ategory_cd=0101, Sep. 2016.
- Washington DC USA, ASCE, 2013 Report Card for America's Infrastructure. American Society of Civil Engineers, 2013.
- Kim jin man, ICT-based disaster response SOC facility management, Journal of Korea Water Resources Association, Vol. 49, No. 2, pp. 29-34, Feb. 2016 https://doi.org/10.3741/JKWRA.2016.49.1.29