- Volume 30 Issue 3
DOI QR Code
The Optimal Design of Field Ring for Reliability and Realization of 3.3 kV Power Devices
3.3 kV 이상의 전력반도체 소자 구현 및 신뢰성 향상을 위한 필드링 최적 설계에 관한 연구
- Kang, Ey Goo (Department of Photovoltaic Engineering, Far East University)
- 강이구 (극동대학교 태양광공학과)
- Received : 2017.01.12
- Accepted : 2017.02.09
- Published : 2017.03.01
This research concerns field rings for 3.3kV planar gate power insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs). We design an optimal field ring for a 3.3kV power IGBT and analyze its electrical characteristics according to field ring parameters. Based on this background, we obtained 3.3kV high breakdown voltage and a 2.9V on state voltage drop. To obtain high breakdown voltage, we confirmed that the field ring count was 23, and we obtained optimal parameters. The gap distance between field rings
- E. G. Kang and M. Y. Sung, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 15, 758 (2002). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2002.15.9.758]
- T. J. Nam, H. S. Chung, and E. G. Kang, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 24, 713 (2011). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2011.24.9.713]
- A. Malvino and D. J. Bates, Electronic Principles (McGraw-Hill College, New York, 2006).
- E. Gates, Introduction to Electronics, 4th ed. (Cengage Learning, Delmar, 2001).
- S. S. Kyoung, J. H. Seo, Y. H. Kim, J. S. Lee, E. G. Kang, and M. Y. Sung, J. Korean Inst. Electr. Electron. Mater. Eng., 22, 12 (2009). [DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.4313/JKEM.2009.22.1.12]
- H. S. Lee, E. G. Kang, A. R. Shin, H. H. Shin, and M. Y. Sung, KIEE, 7 (2006).
- W. H. Hayt, Jr., Eng Ineer Ingelect Romagnetics-7/E (Mc Graw-Hill, New York, 2005)