- Volume 26 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Detection of Escherichia coli Using Flow Cytometry
유세포 분석기를 이용한 대장균 검출에 관한 연구
- Kim, Ji-Hye (Department of Environmental Science Keimyung University) ;
- Park, Sang-Won (Center for Green & Fusion Technologies, Keimyung University) ;
- Cho, Young Sik (College of Pharmacy, Keimyung University)
- Received : 2016.04.22
- Accepted : 2016.01.02
- Published : 2017.01.31
In this study, bacterial growth was assessed by flow cytometry analysis of fluorescent probes-stained bacteria. Flow cytometry has many advantages of rapid analytical time, a low standard deviation, and highly sensitive detection of live and Dead E.coli over colony forming assay. When untreated bacteria were stained by using Thiazole Orange (TO) and Propidium Iodide (PI), double staining had a short analytical time as compared with that of single staining while its error rate was similar to that of single staining. Through double staining experiments, it was determined that optimal concentrations for TO and PI staining were 420 nM and
Flow cytometry;Escherichia coli;Thiazole orange;Propidium iodide
- Brian, P., 2000, Bacterial cell culture measurement using biowave II(and CO8000), England: Biochrom Ltd.
- Jan, N., Nicke, S., Mikael, K., 1998, The interactions between the fluorescent dye thiazole orange and DNA, Biopolymers, 46, 39-51. https://doi.org/10.1002/(SICI)1097-0282(199807)46:1<39::AID-BIP4>3.0.CO;2-Z
- Rana, A., William, G., 2002, Bacterial detection and live/dead discrimination by flow cytometry, San Jose: BD Biosciences.