- Volume 37 Issue 1
Physicochemical properties of pork patties formulated with black rice powder were investigated. Moisture contents of samples containing black rice powder were significantly higher than that of the control (p<0.05). Protein, fat, and ash contents increased with increasing black rice powder content. Uncooked and cooked pH values of samples increased with increasing black rice powder content. Lightness and yellowness of samples decreased with increasing concentration of black rice powder. Redness of cooked samples containing black rice powder was significantly lower than that of the control (p<0.05). Water holding capacity and cooking yield of samples increased with increasing black rice powder concentration. Diameter and thickness reduction ratio of samples decreased with increasing black rice powder content. Sensory evaluation of samples showed no significant difference between samples. Thus, black rice powder improved the quality of pork patties.
black rice;pork patties;meat product
- Serdaroglu, M. and Pegirmencioglu, O. (2004) Effects of fat level (5%, 10%, 20%) and corn flour (0%, 2%, 4%) on some properties of Turkish type meatballs (koefte). Meat Sci. 68, 291-296. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2004.03.010
- Serdaroglu, M., Yildiz-Turp, G., and Abrodimar, K. (2005) Quality of low-fat meatballs containing legume flours as extenders. Meat Sci. 70, 99-105 https://doi.org/10.1016/j.meatsci.2004.12.015
- Zhu, L. G. and Brewer, M. S. (1998) Discoloration of fresh pork as related to muscle and display conditions. J. Food Sci. 63, 763-767. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1998.tb17895.x
- Park, Y. S., Kim, S. J., and Chang, H. I. (2008) Isolation of anthocyanin from black rice (Heugjinjubyeo) and screening of its antioxidant activities. Korean J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 36, 55-60.
- Kang, M. Y., Choi, Y. H., and Nam, S. H. (1998) Inhibitory mechanism of colored rice bran extract against mutagenicity induced by chemical mutagen mitomysin. C. Agri. Chem. Biotechnol. 39, 424-429.
- Kim, H. Y., Kim, G. W., and Jeong, H. G. (2016) Development of tteokgalbi added with red pepper seed powder. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 45, 255-260. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.2.255
- Kim, S. M., Cho, Y. S., Sung, S. K., Lee, I. G., Lee, S. H., and Kim, D. G. (2002) Development of functional sausage using plant extracts from pine needle and green tea. Korean J. Food Sci. An. 22, 20-29.
- Lee, J. E. and Oh, M. S. (2008) Quality characteristics of seasoned sauce and seasoned pork rib with added pine needle powder during storage. Korean J. Food Culture 26, 629-638.
- Lee, J. J., Jung, H. O., and Lee, M. Y. (2011) Development of dduk-gal-bi added with ripened Korean cabbage kimchi. Korean J. Food Sci. Ani. Resour. 31, 304-310. https://doi.org/10.5851/kosfa.2011.31.2.304
- Lee, M. A., Han, D. J., Choi, J. H., Choi, Y. S., Kim, H. Y., Choe, J. H., Jeong, J. Y., and Kim C. J. (2008) Effect of hot air dried Kimchi powder on the quality characteristics of pork patties. Korean J. Food Cookery Sci. 24, 466-472.
- MAFRA (2015) Supply and marketing of livestock products. In: Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs Statistics of 2015. Information and statistics officer ed. Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Sejong, Chungnam, Korea, pp. 332-333.
- Minerich, P. L., Addis, P. B, Epley, R. J., and Bingham, C. (1991) Properties of wild rice/ground beef mixtures. J. Food Sci. 56, 1154-1157. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1991.tb04722.x
- Park, S. Y., Kim, G. W., and Kim, H. Y. (2016) Study on physicochemical properties of emulsion-type sausage added pork skin gelatin. J. Korean Soc. Food Sci. Nutr. 45, 209-214. https://doi.org/10.3746/jkfn.2016.45.2.209
- Choi, H. C. and Oh, S. K. (1996) Diversity and function of pigments in colored rice. Korean J. Crop Sci. 41, 1-9.
- Deymer, D. I. and Vandekerekhove, P. (1979) Compounds determining pH in dry sausage. Meat Sci. 34, 351-362.
- Gnanasambandam, R. and Zayas, J. F. (1992) Functionality of wheat germ protein in comminuted meat products as compared with corn germ and soy proteins. J. Food Sci. 57, 820-833.
- Grau, R. and Hamm, R. (1953) Eine einfache methode zur bestimmung der wasserbinding in muskel. Naturwissenschaften 40, 29. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF00595734
- Ha, T. Y., Park, S. H., Lee, C. H., and Lee, S. H. (1999) Chemical composition of pigmented rice varieties. Korean J. Food Sci. Technol. 31, 336-341.
- Han, M. Y. and Ahn, M. S. (1998) A study on the purchase action of processed foods and the recognition for food additives of urban housewives. Korean J. Dietary Culture 13, 119-126.
- Hwang, Y. K. and Kim, T. Y. (2000) Characteristics of colored rice bread using the extruded Heugjinju rice. Korean Soc. Food Sci. 16, 167-172.
- Jang, S. M., Lim, J. S. and Cho, E. J. (2004) The effect of various cereal flours on quality and storage characteristics of sausage. J. East Asian Soc. Dieatry Life. 14, 265-274.
- Jee, S. T., Kauffman, R. L. T. M., Van Laack, S., and Kim, B. C. (1999) Variation in rate of water loss as related to different types of post-vigor porcine musculature during storage. J. Food Sci. 64, 865-868. https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1365-2621.1999.tb15929.x
- Jimenez-Colmenero, F., Carballo, J., and Cofrades, S. (2001) Healthier meat and meat products: Their role as functional foods. Meat Sci. 59, 5-13. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0309-1740(01)00053-5
- AOAC. (1990) Official methods of analysis. 15th ed. Association of Official Analytical Chemists, Washington, DC, USA. pp. 777-788.
Supported by : Kongju National University