- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Stock assessment of the goldeyes rockfish Sebasetes thompsoni in the Ulleungdo area
- HEO, Yo Won ;
- LEE, Jae Bong ;
- YANG, Jae Hyeong ;
- LEE, Hae Won ;
- CHA, Hyung Kee ;
- ZHANG, Chang Ik
- Received : 2016.10.21
- Accepted : 2016.12.06
- Published : 2017.02.28
This study researched the population of ecological characteristics of the goldeyes rockfish Sebasetes thompsoni sampled by gill net in the Ulleungdo area from February 2013 to February 2014 in order to assess the current stock status and provide scientific advice for management implementation. The instantaneous coefficient of total mortality (Z) was 0.78/year and the survival rate (S) was 0.459. The instantaneous coefficient of natural mortality (M) was 0.461/year. Based on the estimates of Z and M, the instantaneous coefficient of fishing mortality (F) was 0.318/year. The age at first capture (
- Beverton, Raymond JH and Holt, Sidney J. 1957. On the dynamics of exploited fish populations, Fishery Investigations Series 2, 19, Ministry of Agriculture. Fisheries and Food.
- Cooper, A. B. 2006. A guide to fisheries stock assessment: from data to recommendations. University of New Hampshire, Sea Grant College Program.
- Heo YW, Lee JB, Yang JH, Cha HK, Kim JJ and Zhang CI. 2015. Age and Growth of the Goldeyes Rockfish Sebasetes thompsoni in the Ulleungdo and Dokdo Areas. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 48, 929-939. (DOI: 10.5657/KFAS.2015.0929)
- Huh SH, Nam KM, Choo HG and Baeck GW. 2008. Feeding Habits of Sebastes thompsoni in the Coastal Waters off Busan. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 41, 32-38. (DOI: 10.5657/kfas.2008.41.1.032)
- Song JH and Hong JB. 2009. The current status and tasks of rockfish restocking project based on economic performance evaluation. J Fish Business administration 40.
- Kim CK and Kang YJ. 1999. Feeding ecology of black rockfish, Sebastes inermis. J Korean Fish Soc 32, 637-641.
- Kim SH. 2011. The characteristics of age growth of Sebastes inermis and Sebastes thompsoni. Master's thesis, national university of Chonnam, Chonnam, Korea.
- Lee EJ, Seo YI, Park HW, Kang HJ and Zhang CI. 2015. A study on the comparison of spawning biomass per recruit analyses for fisheries management of small yellow croaker caught by drift gill net. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 51, 535-544. (DOI:10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.535) https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2015.51.4.535
- Lee JS, An CM and Huh SH. 1998. Reproductive Cycle of the Goldeye Rockfish, Sebastes thompsoni . Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 31, 8-16.
- Lee SJ, Zhang CI, Choi YM, Lee DW and Lee JB. 2013. Stock assessment of elkhorn sculpin (Alcichthys alcicornis) along the Uljin area of Korea. J Korean Soc Fish Technol 49, 432-439. https://doi.org/10.3796/KSFT.2013.49.4.432
- Nagasawa T and T Kobayashi. 1995. The early life history of the rockfish, Sebastes thompsoni (Scorpaenidae), in the Sea of Japan, J Ichthyol 41, 385-396.
- Nagasawa K, Umino T, Uyeno D, Ohtsuka S, Koizumi H. 2008. Infection with the Parasitic Copepod Clavella parva (Lernaeopodidae) in Gold-eye Rockfish Sebastes thompsoni Broodstock in Japan. Japenese society of fish pathology 43, 55-60. (DOI:10.3147/jsfp.43.55) https://doi.org/10.3147/jsfp.43.55
- Nelson JS. 2006. Fishes of the World. 4th ed. John Wiley & Sons Inc., Edmonton, CA.
- Pauly D. 1984. Length-converted catch curves. A powerful tool for fisheries research in the tropic Part 2. ICLARM Fishbyte 2, 9-10.
- Suzuki T, Ouchi K and Ikehara K. 1978. On the determination of the age and growth of Sebastes thompsoni (Jordan et Hubbs), Bulletin of the Japan Sea Regional Fisheries Research Laboratory.
- Yamada Y. 1980. Studies on the life histories of the rockfish, Sebastes thompsoni, found in waters around Noto Peninsula, the Japan Sea. Bull Ishikawa Pref Fish Exp Sta 3, 21-31.
- Yang JH, Lee JB, Lee HW, Cha HK, Kim SR and Heo YW. 2016. Maturity and spawning of Sebastes thompsoni in the coastal waters off Ulleungdo, Korea. Korean J Fish Aquat Sci 49. (DOI:10.5657/KFAS.2016.0001)
- Zhang CI and Megrey BA. 2006. Arevised Alverson and Carney model for estimating the instantaneous rate of natural motality. Trans Amer Fish Soc 135, 620-633. https://doi.org/10.1577/T04-173.1
Supported by : National Institute of Fisheries Science