- Volume 53 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Catching efficiency of the whelk pot in accordance with the pot materials in the Uljin waters, East sea
동해안 울진해역 원통형 고둥 통발의 재질별 어획 성능
- AN, Heui-Chun ;
- BAE, Jae-Hyun ;
- PARK, Chang-Doo ;
- PARK, Jong-Myung ;
- HONG, Sung-Eic ;
- YOON, Byung-Sun ;
- KIM, Pyungkwan ;
- KIM, Seong-Hun
- Received : 2016.10.26
- Accepted : 2017.02.03
- Published : 2017.02.28
Fishing pots are one of the important fishing gears in our coastal and offshore fisheries. In terms of a sustainable use of marine resources, there are concerns about the ghost fishing by lost pots. It is reported that 10 to 70% of the pots are abandoned or lost annually. This study is to compare the catching efficiency of drum type whelk pots that are made of biodegradable nets to those made of the ordinary nets, in the eastern coast of Korea. Five types of drum pots were used with combination of biodegradable nets and ordinary (PA, PE) nets applied to the main and funnel parts of the pots: pots with biodegradable nets (Bio+Bio); pots with PE net (PE+PE); pots with body and funnel made of biodegradable nets and PE nets respectively (Bio+PE); pots with body and funnel made of PE nets and PA nets respectively (PE+PA); pots with body and funnel made of PE nets and biodegradable net respectively (PE+Bio). Field experiments were conducted from June
Pot;Biodegradable net;Whelk;Catching efficiency
- Bae HM and Moon BC. 2003. Study on the land recover characteristics from the process of reclamation in the islands -On the case study in Shinan Gun-. J of the Korea Planning Association 38(2), 217-228.
- Kim J. 2007. The impact of large-scale reclamation projects on the lives of local residents with the Saemangeum projects as an example. Eco. Vol.11, No.2, 285-316.
- Kim YJ. 1998. An investigation on the actual state of the fishing villages and the attitude of fisherman. J. of Fisheries Business Administration 29(1), 89-120.
- Ku DW and Hong DH. 2011. A study on the social impacts of Saemangeum project : Focused on the changes after the completion of the last tide embankment construction in 2006. ECO, 15(2), 39-80.
- Hahm HH. 2004. Ousted fisherman and Saemangum tideland reclamation project. Korean Cultural Anthropology 37(1), 151-182.
- Hahm HH. 2010. Human life in Saemangeum after reclamation. J of The Korean Society for Marine Environment & Energy 13(4), 313-326.
- Hahm HH, Jung MH and Lee DC. 2011. A study of interactional relations between marine ecology and fishery in the area of Saemangeum. ECO, 15(2), 7-37.
- Koh CH, Ryu JS and Khim JS. 2010. The Saemangeum : History and controversy. J of The Korean Society for Marine Environment & Energy 13(4), 327-334.
- National Statistical Office, 2005. http://kostat.go.kr/portal/korea/index.action
- Park JM. 2002. The Saemankeum reclamation project and social change in adjacent local villages. ECO, 202-230.
- Park SY. 2007. Structure and peculiarities of social conflict around Saemangeum reclamation project. ECO, 11(1), 133-166.
- Song DY. 1999. Book review of "What happened to the people of Siwha Lake" Korean Cultural Anthropology, 32(1), 341-344.
- Yun HS and Kim HC. 1990. Effect of reclamation on fisheries. Rural Economy, 13(4), 73-86.
Supported by : 국립수산과학원