- Volume 17 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Factors influencing oral health status of immigrant women in multi-cultural families
다문화 이주여성의 구강건강상태에 영향을 미치는 요인
- Lee, Jong-Hwa (Department of Dental Laboratory Technology, Suseong College) ;
- Choi, Mi-Sook (Department of Dental Hygiene, Andong Science College) ;
- Jang, Young-Ho (Department of Dental Hygiene, Andong Science College)
- Received : 2016.11.15
- Accepted : 2017.02.06
- Published : 2017.02.28
Objectives: This paper aimed to contribute to better oral disease prevention and practice of health behavior for immigrant women in multi-cultural families, to define missing and filled permanent teeth index of immigrant women, data from the 6th Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey from the Korea Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was used. Methods: For the immigrant women to be subjects, they needed to be born overseas, had acquired Korean citizenship as a married immigrant women, and the estimate of the number of subjects was 133,093 women. For analyzing data, SPSS 21statistical program was used. We used covariance analysis (ANCOVA) andgeneral linear models for finding the relation with the missing and filled permanent teeth index. The significance level was 0.05. Results: DMFT-index of immigrant women was 7.33 points.
- Lee YN. Qualitative study on 'Becoming a mother' of married immigrant women in multicultural families: Centered on Japanese mothers. Korean J Japan Edu 2015;20(1):65-85.
- Korea Immigration Service MOJ. Annual Report Korea Immigration Service Statistics: Gyeonggido: Ministry of Justice; 2015:171-2.
- Kim JH. A study on the dietary patterns affecting acculturation among marriage migrant women in urban area. J Korean Home Eco Edu Asso 2015;27(4):173-89. https://doi.org/10.19031/jkheea.2015.12.27.4.173
- Cho WS, Chun JH, Choi MS, Lee JH, Lee HM, Yi JH, et al. Oral healthcare related characteristics of international marriage migrant women in Gyungsangnam-Do. J Korean Acad Oral Health 2011;35(4):432-40.
- Petersen PE, Bourgeois D, Ogawa H, EstuPinan-Day S, Ndiyae C. The global burden of oral disease and risks to oral health. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 2005;83(9):661-9.
- Jeon ES, Jin HJ, Choi SL, Jang BJ, Jeong SY, Song KB, Choi YH. Oral health status in women of Korean multicultural families. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2009;33(3):499-509.
- Lee JH, Nam IS, Jun MS, Yun HK. Oral health characteristics of the multicultural international marriage women in Gimcheon, Gyeongbuk, Korea. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(5):865-72. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.865 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.865
- Kim HJ, Nam JY. Related factors of oral health-related quality of life of migrant women in ulticultural families. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2016;16(1):93-101. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.01.93 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2016.16.01.93
- Jeon ES, An SY, Choi YH. Migrant multi-cultural family women's life quality related to oral health: survey in Dae-Gu. J Dent Hyg Sci 2011;11(3):181-7.
- Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2011 [Internet]. Ministry of Health and Welfare [cited 2016 July 6]. Available from: https://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/knhanes/index.do
- Korea National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey 2014 [Internet]. Ministry of Health and Welfare [cited 2016 July 6]. Available from:https://knhanes.cdc.go.kr/knhanes/index.do
- Lee JH, Kim BS. Relationship between the objective oral health status and the subjective oral health awareness of Korean adults. Asia-pacific J Multimedia Services Convergent with Art, Humanities, and Sociology 2015;5(3):119-30. https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.06.20 https://doi.org/10.14257/AJMAHS.2015.06.20
- Petersen PE, Ogawa H. Strengthening the prevention of periodontal disease: the WHO Approach. J Periodontol 2005;76(12):2187-93. https://doi.org/10.1902/jop.2005.76.12.2187
- Jin HJ, Jung EK, Lee YE, Song KB. Cognition of dental caries prevention by the level of the social economic status in Korea: Based on Gallup survey. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(1):39-46. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.39 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.01.39
- Lim SH, Hwang JM. Relationship of oral health management behavior to plaque index systems. J Dent Hyg Sci 2015;15(2):159-65. https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.159 https://doi.org/10.17135/jdhs.2015.15.2.159
- Kwon HK, Choi YH, Choi CH. The baseline study for insurance coverage of preventive treatment item on Korea National Health Insurance. J Korean Acad Dent Health 2002;26(3):271-81.
- Cho MJ, Hong NH, Ha MO. Development and implementation of national competency standard: based on preventive dentistry and practice. J Korean Soc Dent Hyg 2015;15(5):907-16. https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.907 https://doi.org/10.13065/jksdh.2015.15.05.907