- Volume 54 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
PROFITABILITY AND SUSTAINABILITY OF A TOURISM-BASED SOCIAL-ECOLOGICAL DYNAMICAL SYSTEM BY BIFURCATION ANALYSIS
- Afsharnezhad, Zahra (Department of Applied Mathematics Ferdowsi University of Mashhad) ;
- Dadi, Zohreh (Department of Mathematics Faculty of Basic Sciences University of Bojnord) ;
- Monfared, Zahra (Department of Applied Mathematics Ferdowsi University of Mashhad)
- Received : 2014.11.14
- Published : 2017.01.01
In this paper we study a four dimensional tourism-based social-ecological dynamical system. In fact we analyse tourism profitability, compatibility and sustainability by using bifurcation theory in terms of structural properties of attractors of system. For this purpose first we transformed it into a three dimensional system such that the reduced system is the extended and modified model of the previous three dimensional models suggested for tourism with the same dimension. Then we investigate transcritical, pitchfork and saddle-node bifurcation points of system. And numerically by finding some branches of stable equilibria for system show the profitability of tourism industry. Then by determining the Hopf bifurcation points of system we find a family of stable attractors for that by numerical techniques. Finally we conclude the existence of these stable limit cycles implies profitability and compatibility and then the sustainability of tourism.
- M. Andriychuk, Numerical Simulation from Theory to Industry, Intech, 2012.
- S. Becken and J. Gnoth, Tourist consumption systems among overseas visitors: reporting on American, German, and Australian visitors to New Zealand, Tour. Manage. 25 (2004), 375-385. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0261-5177(03)00133-X
- R. Casagrandi and S. Rinaldi, A theorical approach to tourism sustainability, Conserv. Ecol. 6 (2002), no. 1, 13 pp.
- J. Guckenheiner and P. J. Holmes, Nonlinear Oscillations, Dynamical Systems and Bifurcations of Vector Fields, Springer, 1993.
- Y. A. Kuznetsov, Elements of Applied Bifurcation Theory, Springer-Verlag, New York, 2004.
- D. Lacitignola, I. Petrosillo, M. Cataldi, and G. Zurlini, Modeling socio-ecological tourism-based systems for sustainability, Ecological Modellin. 206 (2007), 191-204. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecolmodel.2007.03.034
- D. Lacitignola, I. Petrosillo, and G. Zurlini, Time dependent regims of a tourism-based social-ecological system: Period-doubling route to chaos, Ecological Complexity 7 (2010), 44-45. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecocom.2009.03.009
- J. Marsden and M. McCracken, Hopf Bifurcation and Its Applications, Springer, 1976.
- Z. Monfared, Z. Dadi, N. Miladi Lari, and Z. Afsharnezhad, Existence and nonexistence of periodic solution and Hopf bifurcation of a tourism-based social-ecological system, Optik-International Journal for Light and Electron Optics 127 (2016), 10908-10918. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijleo.2016.08.052
- L. Perco, Differential Equations and Dynamical Systems, Springer-Verlag, 1991.
- I. Petrosillo, G. Zurlini, E. Corliano, N. Zaccarelli, and M. Dadamo, Tourist perception of recreational environment and management in a marine protected area, Landscape and Urban Planning 79 (2007), 29-37. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.landurbplan.2006.02.017