- Volume 30 Issue 1
DOI QR Code
Study on the Ag Thin Film Layer Deposition of the YBCO Coated Conductor Using a Plasma Surface Treatment
플라즈마 표면처리를 이용한 YBCO Coated Conductor의 Ag 박막층 증착에 관한 연구
- Jeong, Hyun-Gi (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Yang, Sung-Chae (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Choi, Byoung-Jung (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University) ;
- Du, Ho-Ik (Department of Electricity Engineering, Chonbuk National University)
- Received : 2016.11.04
- Accepted : 2016.11.29
- Published : 2017.01.01
The Ag thin film of YBCO (yttrium barium copper oxide) CC (coated conductor) protect the YBCO layer and, at the same time, affects the electrical characteristics of the YBCO CC. Therefore, YBCO CC with the commercialization of the Ag thin film layers makes it easy to establish a process, it can lead to a variety of characteristic changes in YBCO CC. In this paper, plasma surface treatment was carried out to facilitate the deposition of the Ag thin film and the deposition process of YBCO CC. Surface roughness from the test results was increased as the time of the plasma surface treatment increased from 5 to 20 minutes. On the other hand, the surface roughness was decreased for the time of the plasma surface treatment over 20 minutes. Furthermore, after depositing, the increasing of deposit amount and reduced lifting phenomenon showed a similar tendency with the rise time of surface roughness.
- M. W. Park, World of Eletricity, 51, 25 (2002).
- T. Watanabe, Y. Shiohara, and T. Izumi, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 13, 2445 (2003). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.811818] https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2003.811818
- C. Park, World of Eletricity, 56, 25 (2007).
- S. C. Park, J. H. Lee, J. W. Lee, I. H. Lee, S. E. Lee, B. I. Song, Y. K. Chung, and Y. B. Park, Journal of the Microelectronics and Packaging Society, 14, 61 (2007).
- A. Ishiyama, H. Ueda, T. Ando, H. Naka, S. Bamba, and Y. Shiohara, IEEE Trans. Appl. Supercond., 17, 2430 (2007). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2007.897998] https://doi.org/10.1109/TASC.2007.897998
- B. H. Cho, A study on the enhancing adhesion strength of polycarbonates and Cu films by plasma surface treatment, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology of Master of Engineering, Daejeon (2002).
- J. M. Lackner, W. Waldhauser, M. Schwarz, L. Mahoneyc, L. Majord, and B. Majord, Vacuum, 83, 302 (2008). [DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2008.06.006] https://doi.org/10.1016/j.vacuum.2008.06.006